+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canton Stand Last Night

Re: Canton Stand Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So people are allowed to say what they want unless it’s criticising anything?

I’ll use my right to free speech here, football fans and the associated banter has been shit for a long time (if not forever). Their idea of banter is repeating the same shit song for 20 years then shouting the word wanker at a millionaire.

The best atmospheres have almost always been in shite of that sort of shite. The best atmospheres of the last 20 years have been the fans getting behind the team (Leicester home and away in the playoffs, palace in the semi final)

And if we are being completely honest Cardiff didn’t start “we’re only here because we are single” and it only needed to be sang the one year not the subsequent 30 because it isn’t funny anymore.
    I think there has been a misunderstanding here.

I agree that there should be more City based chants that back the team rather than signing aboutnthe Jacks or England.

I am more talking in relation to free speech about the people who are offended by anything and everything and go over the top about fairly tame free speech. Those types. They agree with free speech as long as they agree with it. Very blinkered and go well over the top if your view doesn't match theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    People who criticise the board, management and/or players are doing so because they care about the club, not because they don’t like the club. It’s a criticism of those people, not the club they support.
    If we didn’t criticise, then how does the club know when it’s not doing the right thing?
    Saying that, we’re all entitled to an opinion, just as long as it’s the same as mine! 🤪
    Exactly that.

We all want the club to do well. Some think we can do that by saying everything is great on here.
    Others like to talk about the good and bad of games, which used to be in the pub after or in work, but is now on message boards like this also.

You'll always get a range of opinions, especially when the club aren't doing that well.

I very much doubt that as long as fans are united behind the team on a matchday what we type on here has any say on how they play.
    If the owners look in and take some of the gripes on board though then all the better really. For me I am certain the club would be better for somebody overseeing the football side of things as a director of football. That is the greatest need for us as a club I think but no harm is meant by any of what I post.

If some people get off by thinking they don't think the same way as me so he must be a Jack then that is their issue, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

I agree that there should be more City based chants that back the team rather than signing aboutnthe Jacks or England.

I am more talking in relation to free speech about the people who are offended by anything and everything and go over the top about fairly tame free speech. Those types. They agree with free speech as long as they agree with it. Very blinkered and go well over the top if your view doesn't match theirs.

Two advantages of people signing about the Jacks or England

1. they will have learned a new skill - sign language
    2. they would be doing it silently so the rest of us wouldn`t have to hear it

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    People who criticise the board, management and/or players are doing so because they care about the club, not because they don’t like the club. It’s a criticism of those people, not the club they support.
    If we didn’t criticise, then how does the club know when it’s not doing the right thing?
    Saying that, we’re all entitled to an opinion, just as long as it’s the same as mine! 🤪
    Most people who criticise. Not all.

We have/had a multi ex fan who regularly criticised and clearly hates the club. Even using multi accounts to pretend hes a fan then criticising.

Who is offended in this thread? There seems to be a weird disconnect these days in people's mind where "I think it's shit/stupid/wrong" means they're "offended by" it.

I'm not offended by the swansea songs or the non stop swearing or the anti english songs I just think it's stupid.

Nobody is offended.

I wouldn't expect you to be. I'm on about life, mostly social media, in general. The world is full of the people I have mentioned.

If anybody is getting upset, offended or anything close to that on here they need to give his place a swerve and get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Most people who criticise. Not all.

We have/had a multi ex fan who regularly criticised and clearly hates the club. Even using multi accounts to pretend hes a fan then criticising.
    The Lone Gimp?

Nobody is offended.

I wouldn't expect you to be. I'm on about life, mostly social media, in general. The world is full of the people I have mentioned.

If anybody is getting upset, offended or anything close to that on here they need to give his place a swerve and get out more.
    What people like you and stan butler don't realise it that you're exactly the same as those people you mention, it's just that you're on the other side

Nobody is offended.

People who say this must spend too much time on social media because I’m yet to come across someone in real life like that.

You’re getting worked up by something that isn’t there.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wait until the stand realises at the Jacks home game that the Swansea first choice keeper is called Benda

Tbf Futurama is class

“Bite My Shiny Metal Ass!"

People who say this must spend too much time on social media because I’m yet to come across someone in real life like that.

You’re getting worked up by something that isn’t there.
    I couldn't be further from worked up if I'm honest.
    People love drama and being dramatic these days though. They also seem forever offended by anything and everything.

I spend little time on social media and see it regularly.

Type vaccine into the search on Twitter and see the outrage and counter outrage at so called free speech. It really isn't that difficult to find.

And you've also never encountered anybody who has reacted in an over the top way to something somebody has said in real life? You've never known somebody tell anybody how offended they are by anything somebody has said? I've seen it plenty of times.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    The Lone Gimp?
    No definitely not.

There has been a Jack using multiples pretending to be a City fan in the past and 1 ex City fan in the past has used multiples. Dont know if he still does.

Type vaccine into the search on Twitter and see the outrage and counter outrage at so called free speech. It really isn't that difficult to find.
    1. It feels like you’re missing the point if this is your example, absolutely nothing to do with free speech. An opinion or action can be stupid and be questioned.

2. I’ve seen people overreact in real life but it’s hardly something that is regular. Especially over the sort of inane shite you’re talking about.

3. People discussing something are as worked up as you are now. You’ve just created an imaginary “woke” bogeyman in your head.

4. If you spend so little time on social media how come you know what all these Twitter arguments are like?

5. Give me some of these examples of people overreacting to an opinion you’ve seen plenty of times because it seriously isn’t something most people encounter in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I presume the Song Police have tried singing their own songs.
    Oh we did, late 60s/early 70s. That was our time, fearsome times on the terraces on times but the originality of the chants and songs were superb. It’s the youth who should be coming out with new classics, ours, unfortunately, churn out the same, unfunny, even distasteful dirges regularly.

There’s been away games where we have tried to get old favourites going, one in particular, ‘Oh When The Blues Go Marching In’, unfortunately the youngsters hear the ‘tune’ and drown us with the ‘Oh England......’ crap, I despair. Me and UTSL used to try our best a few seasons back to introduce some new material at away games , apart from our little lot, they fell on deaf ears in favour of such classics as ‘In Their Swansea Slums’ (usually at somewhere like Bramall Lane or The Valley)

I have a little sing song in work nowadays, going through our old Grangetown End repertoire, the young 23 year old who I’ve got working for me loves it, he can’t get over the back catalogue (he’s a Canton regular). I had him spellbound today with ‘Bless ‘Em All, Bless ‘Em All’. He didn’t have a clue who Freddie Davies or Peter King were and he’d certainly never witnessed Barrie Jones streaking down the wing but he was singing it himself later

All I’m saying is, it can be done or aren’t the singing section as bright and innovative as we were? I’m sure they are, just needs a bit of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Oh we did, late 60s/early 70s. That was our time, fearsome times on the terraces on times but the originality of the chants and songs were superb. It’s the youth who should be coming out with new classics, ours, unfortunately, churn out the same, unfunny, even distasteful dirges regularly.

There’s been away games where we have tried to get old favourites going, one in particular, ‘Oh When The Blues Go Marching In’, unfortunately the youngsters hear the ‘tune’ and drown us with the ‘Oh England......’ crap, I despair. Me and UTSL used to try our best a few seasons back to introduce some new material at away games , apart from our little lot, they fell on deaf ears in favour of such classics as ‘In Their Swansea Slums’ (usually at somewhere like Bramall Lane or The Valley)

I have a little sing song in work nowadays, going through our old Grangetown End repertoire, the young 23 year old who I’ve got working for me loves it, he can’t get over the back catalogue (he’s a Canton regular). I had him spellbound today with ‘Bless ‘Em All, Bless ‘Em All’. He didn’t have a clue who Freddie Davies or Peter King were and he’d certainly never witnessed Barrie Jones streaking down the wing but he was singing it himself later

All I’m saying is, it can be done or aren’t the singing section as bright and innovative as we were? I’m sure they are, just needs a bit of effort.
    Also from the 70s

‘You’re gonna get your f’kin head kicked in’
    ‘Hate England oh we hate England..’
    ‘You’re going in the Taff’
    ‘Here we go, here we go, here we go’
    And songs about flick knives, hob nail boots, and plenty of violence.

Plenty of shite around in those days, but as it is now those singing it generally didn’t know any better- or really care that it was offensive or unoriginal. Just liked the noise.

I think the songs which were turned into football chants were better and more streetwise back in the 60s 70s and 80s. These days popular songs just don't have the same feel to them which don't help.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Booing anti swansea songs and others you don't like haha.
    How did you and your circle of nerds on here cope in the dark days of football?
    All clubs sing about their rivals regardless of if they are playing them.

Christ half of you on this thread must have had a good few layers of cotton wool wrapped around you growing up.
    Good guess where the offended by everything snowflakes came from.
    I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with some on here.
    I can see it now as the bombs drop on the battle field a few of you would be writing complaint letters that the explosions are to loud and there's no toilet and packed lunches provided.

Your attitude in the trenches would have you shot at dawn for being a boring fart. If you enjoy the banal, cringeworthy shite that’s predominantly sung the wonderful, unique and clever songsmiths who were in the trenches would have been hanging you on the old barbed wire.

The main reason we’re having a go at the anti Swansea/England songs is that they’re basically shite songs, not funny, not clever, just repetitive poorly sung dirges. I fear for you if you actually think they’re cutting edge.....anyway, you’re first over the top tomorrow morning, listen for the whistle.

1. It feels like you’re missing the point if this is your example, absolutely nothing to do with free speech. An opinion or action can be stupid and be questioned.

2. I’ve seen people overreact in real life but it’s hardly something that is regular. Especially over the sort of inane shite you’re talking about.

3. People discussing something are as worked up as you are now. You’ve just created an imaginary “woke” bogeyman in your head.

4. If you spend so little time on social media how come you know what all these Twitter arguments are like?

5. Give me some of these examples of people overreacting to an opinion you’ve seen plenty of times because it seriously isn’t something most people encounter in the real world.
    Much like dml you must really rate yourself if you think you get people worked up on here. I am not now and have never been on here.

I see Twitter arguments all the time. It makes up about 80% of what happens on Twitter..

As for the examples, go and find them yourself.
    I think you'll find people reacting over things like covid vaccines too. But then you'll disagree as that's what you do.

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Also from the 70s

‘You’re gonna get your f’kin head kicked in’
    ‘Hate England oh we hate England..’
    ‘You’re going in the Taff’
    ‘Here we go, here we go, here we go’
    And songs about flick knives, hob nail boots, and plenty of violence.

Plenty of shite around in those days, but as it is now those singing it generally didn’t know any better- or really care that it was offensive or unoriginal. Just liked the noise.

Tim, I raise you with;
    ‘His Name Is Jimmy Scoular’
    ‘Bless ‘Em All’
    ‘Knees Up Brian Clark’
    Sha La La La La Leslie Lea’
    ‘Freddie’s In Our Goal, Peter’s On The Wing.......’
    ‘Oh When The Blues Go Marching In’
    ‘We’re The Grange End, We’re The Grange End’
    ‘We Hate Nottingham Forest, We Hate Liverpool too.....’
    ‘Bring Down Sunderland & Arsenal’
    ‘Toshack Ooh Ooh’

There must be more but that’s off the top of my head, all songs that mentioned The City or our players, they diluted any of the other type songs of the time. The variation was very good, nothing like that from our lot today and as I say, we’ve tried to introduce new stuff at away games in the recent past but, no, they don’t want to know.

Much like dml you must really rate yourself if you think you get people worked up on here. I am not now and have never been on here.

I see Twitter arguments all the time. It makes up about 80% of what happens on Twitter..

Have fun.
    And do you think that all those people in those arguments on Twitter are worked up? Or are they just having a bit of an argument online then going back to their normal lives like you do here? You seem to think that everyone else is super sensitive and losing it and you're the only one who's just having a bit of back and forth

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    And do you think that all those people in those arguments on Twitter are worked up? Or are they just having a bit of an argument online then going back to their normal lives like you do here? You seem to think that everyone else is super sensitive and losing it and you're the only one who's just having a bit of back and forth
    I don't know.

Go and have a look for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I’m losing it D, and I’m not sure if I'm going to pile into the Canton Stand or the Millwall lot next home game

I’m losing it D, and I’m not sure if I'm going to pile into the Canton Stand or the Millwall lot next home game
    Some of these lot on here. 😄

Funnily enough the ones who are accusing people of being worked up seem to be the ones most worked up by this thread.

Funnily enough the ones who are accusing people of being worked up seem to be the ones most worked up by this thread.
    I give up, it's like trying to explain algebra to a cauliflower