+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canton Stand Last Night

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Canton Stand Last Night

Usual anti Swansea stuff, that ‘Hymns ‘n’ Arias’ rubbish even had an airing a few boos during the taking the knee, although well drowned out by the applause. The thing that baffled me was the ridiculing (in an empty stadium) of the Sutton fans, I’d like to think it was ironic....... but is irony in their repertoire?

Re: Canton Stand Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Usual anti Swansea stuff, that ‘Hymns ‘n’ Arias’ rubbish even had an airing a few boos during the taking the knee, although well drowned out by the applause. The thing that baffled me was the ridiculing (in an empty stadium) of the Sutton fans, I’d like to think it was ironic....... but is irony in their repertoire?
    Ok

I thought the boos may have been for the opposition not taking the knee although I could be wrong. We’re there boos on Saturday?

One clown near me shouted get on with the football. FFS can’t they just shut up for 10 seconds that’s all it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    I thought the boos may have been for the opposition not taking the knee although I could be wrong. We’re there boos on Saturday?

One clown near me shouted get on with the football. FFS can’t they just shut up for 10 seconds that’s all it is.
    Surely the person is allowed an opinion? Maybe change your name to Kim Jong un

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Strange how someone who makes the argument that people are free to say what they like then calls someone Kim Jong Un when he gives his opinion about a dickhead at a football match.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Strange how someone who makes the argument that people are free to say what they like then calls someone Kim Jong Un when he gives his opinion about a dickhead at a football match.
    Zing!

The fact you’re user name is Stan Butler shows you are stuck in the 70s. Perhaps Eddie Booth would be a better fit.

If people are allowed opinions, should they be booed for expressing them?

Same on Saturday with the anti anyone chanting.

The “is that all you take away” is embarrassing when in a half empty stadium.

I didn’t go last night -
    So is it fair to criticise what is being chanted if you did not attend the game yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post

I didn’t go last night -
    So is it fair to criticise what is being chanted if you did not attend the game yourself?
    "Is that all you take away?" sung by fans who never go away.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post

I didn’t go last night -
    The more we criticise and even boo when anti Swansea and the like rubbish is being sang the better. It’s hard for me to understand the mentally of people who sing about paedophilia. I don’t want to be associated with them, wish they’d disappear and find somewhere else to peddle their idiocy. They are not supporting The City in any way, shape or form with their rubbish.

The more we criticise and even boo when anti Swansea and the like rubbish is being sang the better. It’s hard for me to understand the mentally of people who sing about paedophilia. I don’t want to be associated with them, wish they’d disappear and find somewhere else to peddle their idiocy. They are not supporting The City in any way, shape or form with their rubbish.
    Booing anti swansea songs and others you don't like haha.
    How did you and your circle of nerds on here cope in the dark days of football?
    All clubs sing about their rivals regardless of if they are playing them.

Christ half of you on this thread must have had a good few layers of cotton wool wrapped around you growing up.
    Good guess where the offended by everything snowflakes came from.
    I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with some on here.
    I can see it now as the bombs drop on the battle field a few of you would be writing complaint letters that the explosions are to loud and there's no toilet and packed lunches provided.

Christ half of you on this thread must have had a good few layers of cotton wool wrapped around you growing up.
    I can see it now as the bombs drop on the battle field a few of you would be writing complaint letters that the explosions are to loud and there's no toilet and packed lunches provided.
    Tell us more about your experiences in the trenches stan butler

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Tell us more about your experiences in the trenches stan butler
    Care to inbox me and if your ex forces to we can chat

Your attitude in the trenches would have you shot at dawn for being a boring fart. If you enjoy the banal, cringeworthy shite that’s predominantly sung the wonderful, unique and clever songsmiths who were in the trenches would have been hanging you on the old barbed wire.

The main reason we’re having a go at the anti Swansea/England songs is that they’re basically shite songs, not funny, not clever, just repetitive poorly sung dirges. I fear for you if you actually think they’re cutting edge.....anyway, you’re first over the top tomorrow morning, listen for the whistle.

So you want to boo something you don't agree with? Your just the same as the bunch who boo taking the knee..

So you want to boo something you don't agree with? Your just the same as the bunch who boo taking the knee..
    Hmm, comparing taking the knee with a paedophile song. Very strange.

Hmm, comparing taking the knee with a paedophile song. Very strange.
    Anti Swansea stuff i'm refering to.
    I've already stated my opinion in this thread regarding the Hymns and arias version

I've always found the anti-Swansea stuff bizarre when we're not playing them, even more so when we're away. And the Hyms 'n' Arias stuff is just embarrassing. Our repertoire is pretty poor these days and. It's a long way from 'we're only here coz we're single' away on Valentine's day a while ago (Derby?).

Your comments didn't go unnoticed or unappreciated BTW - same goes to TOBW.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I've always found the anti-Swansea stuff bizarre when we're not playing them, even more so when we're away. And the Hyms 'n' Arias stuff is just embarrassing. Our repertoire is pretty poor these days and. It's a long way from 'we're only here coz we're single' away on Valentine's day a while ago (Derby?).

Your comments didn't go unnoticed or unappreciated BTW - same goes to TOBW.
    Sure that was Luton. Or at least happened at Luton many moons ago.

I was there. My ex wasn't.

First Team

I remember it at Luton but as I have never been to Derby you may be right about the Baseball/ Pride Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Definitely some cringeworthy chants last night, especially the ones having a go at Sutton’s support. Didn’t get in the stadium till 20 minutes in, due to queuing at the ticket office, but not surprised the taking the knee was booed, as I also heard boos Saturday.
    To be fair, despite the low numbers last night, the Canton in the second half did sing non stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I remember it at Luton but as I have never been to Derby you may be right about the Baseball/ Pride Park.
    Definitely happened at Luton. Was a midweek game, Tuesday night probably.

Having checked we played Luton on 14 Feb 2006 and Derby on 14 Feb 2017 so probably chanted at both.

2006, time flies.

A full 9 years before a certain poster on here who labelled me a Jack had registered an account on here.
    Wonder if he was there?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    2006, time flies.

A full 9 years before a certain poster on here who labelled me a Jack had registered an account on here.
    Wonder if he was there?
    First of all we only have your word for it that ‘you were there’. You are a serial fantasist, so I very much doubt it. Secondly the date was 12 years before you told me that I was Mehmet Dalman, so before you start accusing people of ‘labelling’ others unfairly, how about practicing what you preach. In my book someone who constantly criticises every aspect of a football club, obviously has very little allegiance, if any, towards that club. Therefore my assumption that you are a Jack is entirely reasonable. You obviously have nothing better to do anyway, whoever you support but its very obvious that it isn't Cardiff City.