+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beyond Meat Burgers

Re: Beyond Meat Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm all for finding something to be passionate about but jeez, if people want to eat something that looks like a burger, tastes like a burger, has the name "burger" but doesn't contain meat, who cares?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    What meal was this?! With the exception of the very occasional steak and eggs (and maybe some bresaola) I've never had beef for breakfast.
    It was an early lunch. About 11:45am.

What meal was this?! With the exception of the very occasional steak and eggs (and maybe some bresaola) I've never had beef for breakfast.
    I like a chilli cheese omelette for breakfast. And corned beef hash. But I could eat anything. I often eat leftover dinner for breakfast.

Why do people get so wound up about what others choose to eat? All seems very snowflakish to me.

I'll never be a vegetarian, but I'm at a stage now where I prefer the vegetarian/vegan option for things like sausages and mince for when I'm making chilli, lasagne and cottage pies to the "real thing". I've not had a burger in years, but I'm looking forward to trying those Beyond Meat ones - presumably you can get them in places like Tescos?

I’d love to attack do gooders regarding veganism etc but it’s actually good for your health so I can’t really.
    Soy is VERY bad for you though.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    In my opinion, burgers traditionally do and should, contain meat. However, one of the reasons meat free versions are also called burgers is because it makes them easier to sell. I would have thought that any self respecting vegan or vegetarian wouldn't go anywhere near something called a burger or something that was created to look like a meat burger but they do. I don't understand why someone of this persuasion would want to make their food look like it contains meat (or even eggs in the vegan breakfasts) but they do. I think I know why beyond call it a burger - its a clever marketing ploy to sell more because some people would think it was a real beef burger, if they just went by the name and wouldn't buy it otherwise. I have great respect and absolutely no problem with people that are vegan or vegetarian (my daughter and son in law are both) but just don’t get this ‘crusade’ to make the different types of food look and taste the same. Unless of course it is because some (not all) vegan and vegetarian dishes look and taste so unappetising. At least that's what my luddite meat eating palate tells me.
    Surely being vegan or vegetarian is about making a choice not to eat actual meat products, not about avoiding things that taste of meat. By the same token, why don't we just have potato flavoured crisps?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why do people get so wound up about what others choose to eat? All seems very snowflakish to me.

I'll never be a vegetarian, but I'm at a stage now where I prefer the vegetarian/vegan option for things like sausages and mince for when I'm making chilli, lasagne and cottage pies to the "real thing". I've not had a burger in years, but I'm looking forward to trying those Beyond Meat ones - presumably you can get them in places like Tescos?
    St Mellons garden centre today and Bel Vue Newport this evening.

Have one made for you by the Magikmushroom Vegan van .

I will even do you a bit of discount Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm all for finding something to be passionate about but jeez, if people want to eat something that looks like a burger, tastes like a burger, has the name "burger" but doesn't contain meat, who cares?
    I visited a Mercedes group on facebook .

On there they slag off BMW owners . I am at a loss , how can you have an affinity to a car?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

On there they slag off BMW owners . I am at a loss , how can you have an affinity to a car?
    Everyone slags off BMW owners, don't they? Apart from BMW owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

The f****g nerve of this after some of the stuff you said about my Peugot 206

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Surely being vegan or vegetarian is about making a choice not to eat actual meat products, not about avoiding things that taste of meat. By the same token, why don't we just have potato flavoured crisps?
    We do dont we ? Plain crisps are potato flavoured.

Salt flavour.

Crisps taste nothing like potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by hueypianosmith View Post
    Oh dear men with breasts on the way ( Soy isoflavones are often thought to mimic the female reproductive hormone estrogen. )

I'm sticking to a big thick piece of man meat

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oh dear men with breasts on the way ( Soy isoflavones are often thought to mimic the female reproductive hormone estrogen. )

I'm sticking to a big thick piece of man meat
    Beyond meat is pea protein.

Beyond meat is pea protein.
    Phew

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The f****g nerve of this after some of the stuff you said about my Peugot 206
    Is it 2002 all over again?

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Salt flavour.

Have you ever tasted a potato?

If you are satisfied with a plain crisp that tastes like a potato it’s suddenly clear why you’re so happy with the bland football played by city.

I guess the only potato flavoured crisps would be Salt n Shake pre salt and shake

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Have you ever tasted a potato?

If you are satisfied with a plain crisp that tastes like a potato it’s suddenly clear why you’re so happy with the bland football played by city.
    He eats a bowl of gravel every morning and he's grateful for it.

incase anyone is interested

Meatless farm Company ( Tesco's sell it ) has a offer on at the mo, but the product and scan the QR, upload pic of receipt and then get a voucher to get another product ( might be the same ) free

free food for very little effort, winner

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I guess the only potato flavoured crisps would be Salt n Shake pre salt and shake
    I'm enough to remember when crisps had no added flavour at all, and had the bit of blue greasy paper wrapped around a pinch of salt. This was many years before "Salt and Shake" which were brought in to appeal to us oldies who bemoaned the passing of the blue twist.

Really? Well I’ve learnt something today