+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Surely Cardiff City would be an attractive club for a mega rich investor

Re: Surely Cardiff City would be an attractive club for a mega rich investor

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    We have a rich owner but he’s not a fan.

He’s just trying to make money that’s what the fan base don’t understand when the argument is ‘why don’t you just splash the cash’
    He’s wasted enough trying to run the club, after 10 years he might be getting there but he might have to take a hit on some of the losses he’s overseen if he wants to sell up….

Maybe Tan has slowly learnt about the football business and wants to now go about it in a more sensible way without splashing the cash hoping for a fast fix. Time will tell.
    As for he's lost patience how do any of us know that? Just because he's cutting costs and doesn't attend games?
    Do anyone really give a crap if he's there or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    So Cardiff City is more appealing than Inter Milan and Bayern Munich?
    I don't know. But the Premier League appeals to more than the Bundesliga and Serie A.

Cardiff is a viable option. With PL potential. And can be owned outright.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Supporting Celtic is a different game though. I've been to Celtic clubs and bars all over. They are proper fans. Who live and breathe the club. Not armchair wankers. If Celtic, Liverpool and Man Utd played a mini tournament in Ireland and only Irish could attend, I guarantee there would be twice as many Celtic fans as the other two.
    I used to think exactly the same, until i was put in my place by a couple of Irish mates at uni (about 20 years ago).
    They said that Liverpool and ManU were by far the most supported teams then and it looks like it is still the case.
    In theory Celtic would be almost everyone's "scottish team", but that doesn't stretch as far as actually watching any SPL matches in a lot of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Munich would cost 3 billion, Milan clubs, 400-500 M? Cardiff City, 30M?
    BMW are trying to buy their club back from Audi. They’re a tad embarrassed about having one of their biggest rivals in their heartland. I’ve been there a few times recently as BMW hold conferences there and the Audi’s the the foyer get covered up. Met Manny Pacquiao on my last visit, he was on the VIP tour

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We have Premier League potential. I would think that counts for a lot. Who really cares about French, German or even Italian football outside of those countries? La Liga on the other hand is a big deal in Central and South America. Still mainly Barca and Real Madrid though.
    Just out of interest there seems to be little interest here in Poland in the Premier League. Seems that most locals support a Bundesliga team & a local team. The Italian league would be 3rd & the PL 4th. I’ve had to educate the locals about Wales and the recent Euros helped, seems 2016 didn’t register with them.

The Olympics barely registered here, the Euros were much bigger.

If someone thought there was a commercial opportunity we'd be bought by now not many wealthy businesses men would invest because of their love of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Just out of interest there seems to be little interest here in Poland in the Premier League. Seems that most locals support a Bundesliga team & a local team. The Italian league would be 3rd & the PL 4th. I’ve had to educate the locals about Wales and the recent Euros helped, seems 2016 didn’t register with them.

The Olympics barely registered here, the Euros were much bigger.
    I was under the impression the Germans weren’t too popular still in Poland, don’t the Poles not like them to put it mildly?