Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
I agree with you, but I also think I’m giving myself the benefit of hindsight by doing so.

There are a number of players in that Man Utd squad that have come through or are much improved under his stewardship. He may have got us relegated too, but if the DNA of our football had also changed then I think I’d have been ok with that too. I was also taken in by the Warnock rhetoric in the early days but during and since that season in the Premier League I’ve become more than a little disillusioned.

If you asked me now if I’d have taken a relegation then to League 1 followed by 2 promotions over the next 7 years with a side that played like Norwich or Brentford, I know I’d take it.

I don’t think we have a plan… we live year to year and we’re going to become the Everton of the Championship… flattering to deceive occasionally but realistically too good to go down, but never really good enough to go up.
Will add another reply tomorrow but I've barely got in through the door from 6.30am long slog at work today.... I read the benefit of hindsight comment and wanted to say I think I was one of few who stuck by him on here for as long as I possibly could.