+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it time to give OGS credit?

Is it time to give OGS credit?

I'm still on the fence, but I will admit I am very biased.

Re: Is it time to give OGS credit?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm still on the fence, but I will admit I am very biased.
    It makes me wonder what our style would be like if he’d stayed, even if we’d gone down to League 1.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No.
    Shakespeare

Yes

People are allowed to make mistakes and learn from them. Is he a tactical genius though or just have very good players at his disposal

Personally I think he deserves credit if he also deserves the criticism when things go wrong

He’d still struggle here though. What he tried to do would have never worked with less talented players.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Yes

People are allowed to make mistakes and learn from them. Is he a tactical genius though or just have very good players at his disposal

Personally I think he deserves credit if he also deserves the criticism when things go wrong

He’d still struggle here though. What he tried to do would have never worked with less talented players.
    This is my main point of contention. It's quite a conundrum. He inherited talent. He easily buys talent. In my mind, he just tells them to go out and play. I don't know.

He’s definitely better than when he was here. Got some top players mind..

He was like a rabbit caught in the headlights down here, nobody to guide him, nobody to stop him spending money on panic buys encouraged by dubious agents no doubt. Basically useless. Up there he’s got the luxury of a huge infrastructure, he can be more or less the figurehead or the face of well oiled machine, a machine that’s making the important decisions. Doubt that he’s got the final ‘chequebook’ say whereas Dalman was, being a Man U fan, in awe of him and gave him so much rope he eventually hung himself.

Man Utd under him can blow hot or cold. Didnt he go something like 12 unbeaten when he started then followed that up with no win in 6?

No help down here, but has Fergie up there.
    Having said that he did buy some decent players for us - Morrison and Manga.
    A lot of flops - but hard to judge as he didn’t get long enough.
    Having said that he arrived at the tail end of the rebrand so the disconnect with the club was at its worse - even Pep wouldn’t have navigated his way through that.

What for he's won fa but spent billions.

You're only as good as your next game.

Which players have his and his coaching department improved?

Which results have been shocking in a good way?

What has he won?

Or is it all about spending £50million plus on each position? (It's not, but is that bigger factor in his recent success than should be if a really good manager?).

Definitely not for his time here.

IIRC he took us from 11th to bottom.
    (not 100% about uus being 11th, but we def finished bottom.)

He probably should have been given more time here but I'm not sure it would have helped. He didn't seem to know who's best team for us.

God know , he has so much money ,support and quality at his disposal, won nothing yet ,but he has a cheeky smile.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Definitely not for his time here.

IIRC he took us from 11th to bottom.
    (not 100% about uus being 11th, but we def finished bottom.)
    we definitely were not 11th

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Which players have his and his coaching department improved?

Which results have been shocking in a good way?

What has he won?

Or is it all about spending £50million plus on each position? (It's not, but is that bigger factor in his recent success than should be if a really good manager?).
    I’m sorry but finishing where he finished still takes talent.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He probably should have been given more time here but I'm not sure it would have helped. He didn't seem to know who's best team for us.
    He was still cutting His teeth with us.

By far the worst manager we’ve had since I’ve supported the club even alienating pros

He bottled it.

Doesn’t mean he hasn’t improved

Not for me. Has he won anything? He's manager of arguably the biggest club side on earth. Trophies.

After the way they played yesterday, it has to be a big YES.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He was like a rabbit caught in the headlights down here, nobody to guide him, nobody to stop him spending money on panic buys encouraged by dubious agents no doubt. Basically useless. Up there he’s got the luxury of a huge infrastructure, he can be more or less the figurehead or the face of well oiled machine, a machine that’s making the important decisions. Doubt that he’s got the final ‘chequebook’ say whereas Dalman was, being a Man U fan, in awe of him and gave him so much rope he eventually hung himself.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Not for me. Has he won anything? He's manager of arguably the biggest club side on earth. Trophies.
    Easier said than done when being the biggest no longer means being the richest. I'm no Man U fan, but having clubs like Man City and Chelsea to compete with in addition to all the traditional big clubs does complicate matters. Imagine if they'd had been bankrolled since the early 90s. History could be very different. Sir Alex could just be that Scottish bloke that managed Man U for a few years. What was his name again? Managed Aberdeen. I think he ended up at Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Easier said than done when being the biggest no longer means being the richest. I'm no Man U fan, but having clubs like Man City and Chelsea to compete with in addition to all the traditional big clubs does complicate matters. Imagine if they'd had been bankrolled since the early 90s. History could be very different. Sir Alex could just be that Scottish bloke that managed Man U for a few years. What was his name again? Managed Aberdeen. I think he ended up at Rangers.
    I'm prepared to be shot down by you with this, but aren't United the richest club in the UK, and maybe the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm prepared to be shot down by you with this, but aren't United the richest club in the UK, and maybe the world?
    They probably have the biggest operational turnover. But they're not owned by a Russian oligarch or an Emirati prince who somehow the rues of FFP do not apply to.