+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it time to give OGS credit?

Re: Is it time to give OGS credit?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I agree with you, but I also think I’m giving myself the benefit of hindsight by doing so.

There are a number of players in that Man Utd squad that have come through or are much improved under his stewardship. He may have got us relegated too, but if the DNA of our football had also changed then I think I’d have been ok with that too. I was also taken in by the Warnock rhetoric in the early days but during and since that season in the Premier League I’ve become more than a little disillusioned.

If you asked me now if I’d have taken a relegation then to League 1 followed by 2 promotions over the next 7 years with a side that played like Norwich or Brentford, I know I’d take it.

I don’t think we have a plan… we live year to year and we’re going to become the Everton of the Championship… flattering to deceive occasionally but realistically too good to go down, but never really good enough to go up.
    Will add another reply tomorrow but I've barely got in through the door from 6.30am long slog at work today.... I read the benefit of hindsight comment and wanted to say I think I was one of few who stuck by him on here for as long as I possibly could.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    I take it all back then.. maybe Gabbs & Young didn't get long enough
    I totally forgot about them - didn't even make my list. I'm going to have nightmares tonight thinking about it.

yes of course it is.
    he's not a world class tactician, but at man u he's improved them immensely. can you remember how turgid and dull they were under mourihnio, and LVG. both of whom also spent a lot of money as well.
    the signings recently at man utd have been a lot more hit than miss.
    I'm not convinced that he would have ever got It right here, or that he has what it takes to win the league there, but he's definitely due some credit

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes of course it is.
    he's not a world class tactician, but at man u he's improved them immensely. can you remember how turgid and dull they were under mourihnio, and LVG. both of whom also spent a lot of money as well.
    the signings recently at man utd have been a lot more hit than miss.
    I'm not convinced that he would have ever got It right here, or that he has what it takes to win the league there, but he's definitely due some credit
    Mourinho and LVG actually won something.

OGS has to win silverware this season. Hes spent an absolute fortune.

The fact that he was utterly useless here will never change though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Mourinho and LVG actually won something.

OGS has to win silverware this season. Hes spent an absolute fortune.

The fact that he was utterly useless here will never change though.
    finishing second under OLE is more impressive than winning the Europa League IMO

finishing second under OLE is more impressive than winning the Europa League IMO
    United finished 2nd under Mourinho and he won the Europa League.

United finished 2nd under Mourinho and he won the Europa League.
    and then he finished 6th?

and then he finished 6th?
    Yes and got sacked it wasnt working.

Ole after splashing all this cash he is so far without silverware. He needs to win something and push Man City very close or hes failed.

Failed in a Europa League Final against a side who probably had spent a tiny fraction of what Ole had at his disposal. In fact I wouldnt be suprised if Maguires fee alone was more than they spent.

I will give him credit in that hes not sacked yet. I thought hed be so useless hed be long gone by now.

Its not hard for an average manager with the resources he has to have Man U at the top. Neil Lennon won multiple trophies at Celtic. I dont rate his achievements that much but hes way above OGS.

Yes and got sacked it wasnt working.

Ole after splashing all this cash he is so far without silverware. He needs to win something and push Man City very close or hes failed.

Failed in a Europa League Final against a side who probably had spent a tiny fraction of what Ole had at his disposal. In fact I wouldnt be suprised if Maguires fee alone was more than they spent.

I will give him credit in that hes not sacked yet. I thought hed be so useless hed be long gone by now.

Its not hard for an average manager with the resources he has to have Man U at the top. Neil Lennon won multiple trophies at Celtic. I dont rate his achievements that much but hes way above OGS.
    Celtic have more income than the rest of the league put together apart from Rangers - they should be winning everything every year.

Man U have spent a fortune, but then so have the rest of the top 4.
    Liverpool and Chelsea barely scraped into the top 4 while man u did comfortably.
    They play good football and they're a lot better than since he took over. If they improve again this year then it's very difficult to argue he's not doing a good job.

Celtic have more income than the rest of the league put together apart from Rangers - they should be winning everything every year.

Liverpool and Chelsea barely scraped into the top 4 while man u did comfortably.
    They play good football and they're a lot better than since he took over. If they improve again this year then it's very difficult to argue he's not doing a good job.
    I agree if they improve they will have won the league. So it will be difficult to argue otherwise.

No doubt, surprisingly, he has made them better .

I doubt Man U fans will accept that for long .They expect to win things.

Yep, he's surprised me and impressed me. Should we have given him more time? Maybe. He's lucky that Man U have given him time and money due to his name. Good luck to him I say

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    You guy’s didn’t understand what he was trying to do then. But not to understand it now? Wow.

It’s the exact same thing he did at Molde, as he needed time to do at Cardiff, and is now doing at Man Utd.

Best manager ever at the club going by ability, but is still misunderstood by the lack of leadership at the top of the club. I’m so sad he won’t speak out about it. But some players have.

This thread I do symptomatic why Cardiff is”only” Cardiff..
    Sure to be misunderstood when he gets sacked after the Man City game

You guy’s didn’t understand what he was trying to do then. But not to understand it now? Wow.

It’s the exact same thing he did at Molde, as he needed time to do at Cardiff, and is now doing at Man Utd.

Best manager ever at the club going by ability, but is still misunderstood by the lack of leadership at the top of the club. I’m so sad he won’t speak out about it. But some players have.

Thing is, it was obvious that he didn't understand what he was doing then either. Or now for that matter. Out of his depth.

The Sunday Times:

“It is understood that upon hearing that Solskjaer would be moving to Old Trafford, some of the Molde squad members took their United players out of their Fantasy Football teams because they feared he would struggle.”

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    The Sunday Times:

“It is understood that upon hearing that Solskjaer would be moving to Old Trafford, some of the Molde squad members took their United players out of their Fantasy Football teams because they feared he would struggle.”
    😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    The Sunday Times:

That is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    That is brutal.
    And unfounded....

Universal credit is about as much as he can hope for now...

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This is my main point of contention. It's quite a conundrum. He inherited talent. He easily buys talent. In my mind, he just tells them to go out and play. I don't know.
    Am on the side that says little-no sympathy.
    He spent more money than any other premiership team. They also had a group of top players in the reserves and he could not seem to make a team out of them.
    Maybe another manager could do it but I think a few players need to go out of the exit door so they can re-group.
    Pogba to start and the guy that was loaned to West Ham did not want to go back to Old Trafford. For me, if I have players that would prefer to be somewhere else I would let them go.
    They need a “steely” midfield player like Kean or Scholes