+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just got back

Just got back

Perfect first away game. Day out with many of ‘the usual suspects’ , few hours in the local pubs, great performance and result from the mighty Bluebirds,bit of karaoke and nice long nap on the way hone.

Re: Just got back

Brilliant 👏

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Perfect first away game. Day out with many of ‘the usual suspects’ , few hours in the local pubs, great performance and result from the mighty Bluebirds,bit of karaoke and nice long nap on the way hone.
    👍

Jealous of everyone that was there. Sounded amazing!

I'm still here having a pint and a nice sunday lunch soon.
    Speaking to a few locals they reckon there was trouble after the game.
    A few hundred Blackpool fans came down a side street from their main watering hole and started fighting with around a hundred Cardiff who were staying up here.
    I didn't see or hear anything though.

No idea of the numbers involved but there was a bit of afters outside the main Blackpool pub by the ground, as reported by one of the guys on our coach. The police drone was up and would have caught it all on film.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'm still here having a pint and a nice sunday lunch soon.
    Speaking to a few locals they reckon there was trouble after the game.
    A few hundred Blackpool fans came down a side street from their main watering hole and started fighting with around a hundred Cardiff who were staying up here.
    I didn't see or hear anything though.
    I don’t think there was anything of this level otherwise it’d be big news. A few reported that groups of Blackpool fans were picking on small numbers of City fans, not sure if it game to anything

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    No idea of the numbers involved but there was a bit of afters outside the main Blackpool pub by the ground, as reported by one of the guys on our coach. The police drone was up and would have caught it all on film.
    Going by what the locals in the pub were saying most away fans turn right to where the coaches are waiting. Smaller groups of away fans who are staying in Blackpool usually turn left so it's a regular thing for the home fans to gather at the pub waiting to attack the smaller groups of away fans who pass.
    One old fella who saw what happened said there were hundreds outside the pub and not many welsh but you taffs are tough buggers

I don’t think there was anything of this level otherwise it’d be big news. A few reported that groups of Blackpool fans were picking on small numbers of City fans, not sure if it game to anything
    Blackpool don’t have that type of fan do they?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I've seen a few pissed up groups of blackpool/locals looking for trouble after the game and not just with Cardiff.
    Down near the pleasure beach a group of them were looking for trouble for ages then started on a few scots lads for no reason and thankfully came off second best..

All clubs do

Blackpool brought a tidy 'firm' down with them for 2001 Football League Third Division play-off Final at the Mill Stad.

(R) Soul Crew turned up and were hanging around outside the Duke of Wellington at the top of Caroline Street, waiting for them. Within minutes they were surrounded and being filmed by the old bill

If you look at the Blackpool messageboards they are reporting some trouble but mainly blame the police for it.

Apparently they are pissed off city fans were let onto Bloomfield road at the same time as the home fans and that, differently to usually, the police led city fans right past the pub Blackpool fans usually congregate after the game.

Both sides giving a bit of lip to each other and it spilled over a bit.

One fan commented "it's like the police were goading both sets of supporters to have a go, I think the police missed having a fight and did everything to make sure there was one".

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    If you look at the Blackpool messageboards they are reporting some trouble but mainly blame the police for it.

Apparently they are pissed off city fans were let onto Bloomfield road at the same time as the home fans and that, differently to usually, the police led city fans right past the pub Blackpool fans usually congregate after the game.

Both sides giving a bit of lip to each other and it spilled over a bit.

One fan commented "it's like the police were goading both sets of supporters to have a go, I think the police missed having a fight and did everything to make sure there was one".
    There might be something in that. Our coach seemed to be led by a police van on a very circuitous route through the centre of Blackpool, along the sea front and then right passed the Blackpool pub inland to the ground. Three sides of a square. No need to go passed that pub at all.

We were drinking with a few Blackpool boys last night, no dramas. Where did it kick off, we didn’t see anything and we stayed in the travelodge opposite the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    There might be something in that. Our coach seemed to be led by a police van on a very circuitous route through the centre of Blackpool, along the sea front and then right passed the Blackpool pub inland to the ground. Three sides of a square. No need to go passed that pub at all.
    Ironic that. We got there early parked up and no sight of a Blackpool fan or policeman.

Strolled down to the pub and had a very enjoyable couple of hours without bothering anyone

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    We were drinking with a few Blackpool boys last night, no dramas. Where did it kick off, we didn’t see anything and we stayed in the travelodge opposite the ground?
    Down by the Armfield club. Handbags by the sound of it.

I just got back now. Stayed overnight last night by Bolton's ground. A combination of busses, taxi's and trains got us home today.

Spent the evening after the game at Pleasure Beach before the train to Horwich. Barely saw a Blackpool fan at all after we crossed Bloomfield Rd and headed south on the street opposite the ground. Walked down by Blackpool South station and there was as many City fans looking to make their way home as Blackpool.

I can see how it would get congested outside Armfield's club as loads of home fans were in that area as City fans were allowed out at the same time, although most turned left to head for the busses thus missing Armfield's and the majority of home fans.