Blackpool messageboard

Blackpool website match thread

Some decent comments. Good to read through on page order

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?thread...4-08-21.21900/

Blackpool messageboard

Don't think I've ever seen an away teams fans say such nice things. 😂
    https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?thread...1.21900/page-3

Re: Blackpool messageboard

Well done McCarthy and Cardiff. I thought they were excellent and fully deserved that. Big, strong, powerful with skill too. We couldn't cope with it at all and were never in the game. We were ponderous and had no idea how to deal with Cardiff at all. A real good learning and wake up all for the Championship.

We still need 2 or 3 players, it's obvious where and we need to be able to change things when a team are as dominant as Cardiff were from the off.

I think the clamour from the midweek game was predictable but that was two second string sides battling it out and ours was better. This is completely different although I can't see how he can leave Bowler and Lavery out on Tuesday night. We need some height and strength ourselves, so the likes of Madine, Marv and Simms (still need him) make a difference, particularly in games like that.

We'll have a few games like that today so all this talk of automatic promotion after a midweek cup game was always ridiculous. Our goal has to be to stay up, climatise and finish as high up the league as possible so we can build on last season.

The ref though, what a total cock he was.

You have to hand it to McCarthy, tactically astute and has completely stopped us from playing. Who was calling him an old dinosaur. It's a learning curve and I still think we can sneak something here.

Going to be easy to look at the performance and result and be reactionary, but Cardiff are going to be the only team that plays like that this year.

Well done to Cardiff, they had a game plan and stuck to it and we just weren't able to cope with it, a team full of gigantic men who live off of set pieces and long throws, I don't think they even completed 100 passes today, don't think we'll see any other team play like that this year. I'd fully expect them to be competing for the Playoffs at a minimum.

They're good at what they do and we were naive for trying to beat them at their own game.

We'll learn and move on, Critchley is a good coach, he'll make adjustments and we'll get better as the season progresses.

We had certain moments and could have walked away with a point if the referee had given the pen before Cardiff's second goal, a game of margins.

No need to be reactionary after that.

Re: FT: BLACKPOOL 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Blackpool website match thread

Some decent comments. Good to read through on page order

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?thread...4-08-21.21900/
    i said yesterday that they are one of my favourites for the top two. they will score a lot of goals from freekicks and other stuff around the box, but i think a couple of footballing teams will give them a hiding.
    That's what we were last year, and the year before, and the...

Not sure why we'd move away from physically dominating if it's the right tactic to use, as it was yesterday, but we best be working on how to play against the best in this division and the style used in Premier League or it will be, at most, just another one season in the top division again.

Blackpool local paper very complimentary too https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/s...f-city-3346889

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Blackpool local paper very complimentary too https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/s...f-city-3346889
    What does it say? I have used up my free articles with that stable of papers and can't read anything unless I subscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Don't think I've ever seen an away teams fans say such nice things. ��
    I was thinking that.
    Fair play to them for being honest..

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What does it say? I have used up my free articles with that stable of papers and can't read anything unless I subscribe.
    The Bluebirds were physically imposing yet tactically astute. It’s easy to be drawn in by their direct and yes, relatively unsubtle approach and label them nothing more than a long-ball team. Even if that was the case, so what? Their style of play is clearly effective.

But it ignores the intelligence of their play, the clever timing of their closing down and the quality on the ball they possess.

Even their ‘smaller’ players were around six foot or so. As Critchley said post-match, the Seasiders were coming up against the land of the giants.

This wasn’t death by a thousand cuts, this was death by long throw.
    Similar to what Nathan Jones said after we played Luton away last year. We know we can bully smaller (in stature) teams but we don't know if we can beat what's expected to be the top four or manage more than one season in the premier league.

I think Blackpool are going to struggle all season.

Interesting to see they thought our number 7 (Bacuna) was excellent. And Morrison and Flint too.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Interesting to see they thought our number 7 (Bacuna) was excellent. And Morrison and Flint too.
    We love a moan

I like Bacuna he does ok and bullies the opposition. He's maybe just another scape goat for the moaners. Wasn't long ago it was Morrison or Flint

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Don't think I've ever seen an away teams fans say such nice things. ��
    Hilarious. Matchday thread. People posting as the game is being played. But those who can see with their own eyes that their team are getting battered and comment on it are criticized for being negative.

You have to hand it to McCarthy, tactically astute and has completely stopped us from playing. Who was calling him an old dinosaur. It's a learning curve and I still think we can sneak something here.
    I was . Great result but its early days . I enjoyed the first home game , no where near as bad as the stuff from last season.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I like Bacuna he does ok and bullies the opposition. He's maybe just another scape goat for the moaners. Wasn't long ago it was Morrison or Flint
    He's alright, a bit wayward, and he loses concentration at times. When he was put in at fullback, his positioning was chronic at times and he would ball watch. Much more effective on the front foot in my opinion. He's strong and direct which works at this level, although wayward on times. Play to his strengths and he can be an asset.