+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bamba

Bamba

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mpression=true

Wasn’t told he was being released.

I have no issues with the club not offering a playing contract but the handling of it is clearly pathetic for a player that obviously had some potential for a career here after playing.

Just a bit of honesty would have gone a long way.

Re: Bamba

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mpression=true

Wasn’t told he was being released.

I have no issues with the club not offering a playing contract but the handling of it is clearly pathetic for a player that obviously had some potential for a career here after playing.

Just a bit of honesty would have gone a long way.
    The club should have been honest if true.
    But why come out with this story then say " I don't want to batter the club. That is not my intention at all " knowing full well that's exactly what he's doing.
    I hate it when ex players come out with stories. Just sort it between you and the club and move on.
    Cardiff City are at the start of a new season and that's all we should be focusing on.
    Sorry it ended like it did Sol and good luck for the future

So Mick McCarthy as representative of the club told Bamba straight what was happening but Bamba is hurt that one of the board who had spoken to him about becoming a coach didn't also speak to him?

I don't think he was released because he was coming back from illness, he was released because he wanted a player-coach contract but was a 36 year old who hadn't done it as a player since his injury in March 2019.

I think one of the board should have spoken to him as well but find it inconsistent when he says he found out via twitter he was being released and then later says Mick was always honest with him.

A lot of fuss about Sol Bamba really. I would be sure the club told him properly. I don't know why he keeps whinging on about it? If he does, or maybe it's just paper talk. Not like Wales Online to ignore the facts is it?

He did well for us for 3 years , but played one League game in the last two seasons and is 36 years old. Yes, he would have been an asset to the club, but not as a player. Anyway he's back with his old mate Warnock now. I wonder how many League game she will play?

There has been more comment on this than when Peter Whittingham, who was a club legend, left.

The suggestion of a coaching position came under Warnock, and once he left, then everything was void. Bamba would know that, and so would McCarthy. Sol has done the sensible thing, and followed Warnock to Middlesbrough, and I wish him all the best. Who knows, he may turn out to be a great manager one day.
    Players know what football is like - change of manager, change of team, change of style. New faces in, old ones out - it's been happening since day one. Why the surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The suggestion of a coaching position came under Warnock, and once he left, then everything was void. ....
    That pathway was very much in place under Neil Warnock and Neil Harris, but seemingly moved off course when Mick McCarthy came in at the start of the year.
    It's likely that it was Walesonline reaching out for an interview rather than other way rough and, while I can see some inconsistencies in what is being said, your comment is inaccurate based on what is written.

It wouldn't surprise me if he does well as a player this year but looks like Boro are one of the bigger spenders in the division this year and we're definitely not.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    A lot of fuss about Sol Bamba really. I would be sure the club told him properly. I don't know why he keeps whinging on about it? If he does, or maybe it's just paper talk. Not like Wales Online to ignore the facts is it?

He did well for us for 3 years , but played one League game in the last two seasons and is 36 years old. Yes, he would have been an asset to the club, but not as a player. Anyway he's back with his old mate Warnock now. I wonder how many League game she will play?

There has been more comment on this than when Peter Whittingham, who was a club legend, left.
    We don't know this for sure though do we? He's got a new gig with Boro, I think it's best all round. Let's see if he can be an asset to them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We don't know this for sure though do we? He's got a new gig with Boro, I think it's best all round. Let's see if he can be an asset to them.
    Should have said how many League games HE will play, not she!

Yes I agree, and a hefty wage off the bill too.

Utter drivel from Wales Online as usual. Looking for a story, as usual. Trying to sour relations between the club and fans, as usual. Whats the point of it all. There was always a good chance that Bamba wouldn't fit into the new managers plans and Bamba admits that at one point he was told he was being released. He didn't even know if he would get his fitness back. It cant have come as a surprise therefore that he was released and if he was that ‘settled’ in Cardiff, why did he pack his bags and leave immediately or ‘move North’ as he put it. Its all sensationalised but wont spoil my memories of Bamba or what he did here. Hopefully he will come back as manager one day.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Utter drivel from Wales Online as usual. Looking for a story, as usual. Trying to sour relations between the club and fans, as usual. Whats the point of it all. There was always a good chance that Bamba wouldn't fit into the new managers plans and Bamba admits that at one point he was told he was being released. He didn't even know if he would get his fitness back. It cant have come as a surprise therefore that he was released and if he was that ‘settled’ in Cardiff, why did he pack his bags and leave immediately or ‘move North’ as he put it. Its all sensationalised but wont spoil my memories of Bamba or what he did here. Hopefully he will come back as manager one day.
    Why? I'm not having a dig, but why would you want someone to come back as manager when you don't even know if they can coach let alone manage?

No issue with his release, then again i don't think he should have had the last 2 year deal he was given.

Not sure who or what was said. Obviously he should have been told, I'd be surprised if he wasn't. MM has said their was no coaching positions.

It doesn’t appear that any coaching is done anyway so the chances of a coaching role is nil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    It doesn’t appear that any coaching is done anyway so the chances of a coaching role is nil.
    Maybe that's why McCarthy said that he didn't have a role for him!

McCarthy comes across as ignorant as he's said that he didn't even realise that Sol was doing the coaching badges.

This isn't a debate about whther the club should have kept Sol. It's a question of how the club treated him and if he found out via social media, then that is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Maybe that's why McCarthy said that he didn't have a role for him!

McCarthy comes across as ignorant as he's said that he didn't even realise that Sol was doing the coaching badges.

This isn't a debate about whther the club should have kept Sol. It's a question of how the club treated him and if he found out via social media, then that is not right.
    To be fair as a footballer if your contract expires and your not getting a new one it's not rocket science.

I lost all respect for sol bamba the player after the fa Cup replay with reading. He wasn't just rusty, he didn't give a toss. Showboating, messing about and a big reason why they kept equalising. I hoped we'd show him the door after that game and I'm glad he won't play for us again. Having said that, under Warnock he was fantastic for us, wouldn't be surprised to see him have 2 or 3 good years in that Borough side.

As a bloke he seems like a class act and I'm sure he will make a very good coach. He obviously works well with Warnock

Something's a bit off about this story and the old cynic in me wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't 'encouraged' by Warnock (he's a wily old fox and will use anything to get CCFC fans to give Middleborough an easy ride when we play them down here). I'll no doubt sound like a bloody conspiracy theorist but WOL will also have their grubby fingers in the Warnock PR pie just to get the click-bait.

All this stuff I read about giving Warnock and Sol a great welcome at CCS doesn't sit well with me. As soon as a player or manager dons the opposition kit, then they're fair game for a rough ride. We can be nice after the game not before. I mean, it'll be embarrassing with Peltier on the pitch too. And what if they re-sign Mendez-Laing or sign Junior Hoilett? I know he didn't play under Warnock but what about Ameobi!

We've all got a soft spot for Sol but come on, this is a new season and I agree with Stan, I don't like the ex-player stories and 'Cardiff City are at the start of a new season and that's all we should be focusing on'. and as 2b2bdoo quite rightly says - 'To be fair as a footballer if your contract expires and your not getting a new one it's not rocket science.'

Sol's 37 next January. Maybe he'll be a great coach. I don't know. I wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Something's a bit off about this story and the old cynic in me wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't 'encouraged' by Warnock (he's a wily old fox and will use anything to get CCFC fans to give Middleborough an easy ride when we play them down here). I'll no doubt sound like a bloody conspiracy theorist but WOL will also have their grubby fingers in the Warnock PR pie just to get the click-bait.

All this stuff I read about giving Warnock and Sol a great welcome at CCS doesn't sit well with me. As soon as a player or manager dons the opposition kit, then they're fair game for a rough ride. We can be nice after the game not before. I mean, it'll be embarrassing with Peltier on the pitch too. And what if they re-sign Mendez-Laing or sign Junior Hoilett? I know he didn't play under Warnock but what about Ameobi!

We've all got a soft spot for Sol but come on, this is a new season and I agree with Stan, I don't like the ex-player stories and 'Cardiff City are at the start of a new season and that's all we should be focusing on'. and as 2b2bdoo quite rightly says - 'To be fair as a footballer if your contract expires and your not getting a new one it's not rocket science.'

Sol's 37 next January. Maybe he'll be a great coach. I don't know. I wish him well.
    Quite a few were saying earlier that the story has Warnock stirring all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    The club should have been honest if true.
    But why come out with this story then say " I don't want to batter the club. That is not my intention at all " knowing full well that's exactly what he's doing.
    I hate it when ex players come out with stories. Just sort it between you and the club and move on.
    Cardiff City are at the start of a new season and that's all we should be focusing on.
    Sorry it ended like it did Sol and good luck for the future
    Its his way of saying what happened and attempting to take the sting off the club. They handled it wrong and he says his bit..

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    So Mick McCarthy as representative of the club told Bamba straight what was happening but Bamba is hurt that one of the board who had spoken to him about becoming a coach didn't also speak to him?

I don't think he was released because he was coming back from illness, he was released because he wanted a player-coach contract but was a 36 year old who hadn't done it as a player since his injury in March 2019.

I think one of the board should have spoken to him as well but find it inconsistent when he says he found out via twitter he was being released and then later says Mick was always honest with him.
    Mick, the one I call a liar can be honest and still not reveal he's being released..

He has surprised me with his whinging. There he is on the front page of the Echo sporting a watch that is probably worth more than my car. Then he says he found out that he wasn't needed by City via Twitter while he was in Paris visiting his mum and his wife was in Portugal with the family enjoying a holiday. Poor old Sol!

Very true

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    He has surprised me with his whinging. There he is on the front page of the Echo sporting a watch that is probably worth more than my car. Then he says he found out that he wasn't needed by City via Twitter while he was in Paris visiting his mum and his wife was in Portugal with the family enjoying a holiday. Poor old Sol!
    He didn’t have to say anything and just moved on. I hope our game against boro don’t turn into a warnock ,Bamba love fest.
    That’s what warnock will want and. I doubt stir it up leading up to the game

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why? I'm not having a dig, but why would you want someone to come back as manager when you don't even know if they can coach let alone manage?
    Because he is obvious manager material. He is a thinker about the game, a leader, inspirational and has played at the highest level here and abroad. Players would run through brick walls for him. His illness and the way he has come back from it is another pointer. Not a guarantee I know but its a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Because he is obvious manager material. He is a thinker about the game, a leader, inspirational and has played at the highest level here and abroad. Players would run through brick walls for him. His illness and the way he has come back from it is another pointer. Not a guarantee I know but its a good start.
    He will need to learn to take personal responsibility if he is to go into management. He would often be found berating a team mate when he was at fault for a goal. Pointing fingers to deflect from his own mistake, not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I don't get this kind of attitude "he's got money so **** him"

He's got money because of the profession he's good at, it's not his fault the insane wages they pay footballers.

He still deserves to be kept in the loop, common decency you'd afford any employee.