+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peterborough

Peterborough

Any tips for a pre-match pub? I haven't been to Peterborough before....

Re: Peterborough

Loads of nice pubs and restaurants in town centre near the Cathedral. Chain restaurants in surrounding Malls.

For those who’d prefer a karsi with drunken singing and punch ups there’s a place up just past Asda’s in opposite direction to the railway station. Personally I’d avoid it.

Btw , I’ve heard from a reliable source that a lot of travellers will be at the game.

I'm going up for two days starting tomorrow.
    I've been going up tto Peterborough every year since about 1992 season whereby I accidentally stumbled upon the Peterborough beer festival one year and have made it my annual jolly boys trip every single year since for the bank holiday August weekend that it is always been held on.

Best pub by far is charters bar, which is near to the ground and if you love all your real Ales and ciders like me then this is the place to go.
    It is a floating barge with the biggest beer garden you are likely to ever see.

Outside seating area is huge.
    Belgian beers aplenty in the fridge on sale and about 20 ciders always on tap.

Another good pub is the brewery tap which is in the centre of town which is also owned by the same people that own charters bar so pretty much a massive array of real ales/ciders and bottled beers from around the world including your Belgium and trappist Ales.

Also you have a wetherspoons in the centre, which is called the college Arms which is huge

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I've been going up tto Peterborough every year since about 1992 season whereby I accidentally stumbled upon the Peterborough beer festival one year and have made it my annual jolly boys trip every single year since for the bank holiday August weekend that it is always been held on.

Best pub by far is charters bar, which is near to the ground and if you love all your real Ales and ciders like me then this is the place to go.

Another good pub is the brewery tap which is in the centre of town which is also owned by the same people that own charters bar so pretty much a massive array of real ales/ciders and bottled beers from around the world including your Belgium and trappist Ales.

Also you have a wetherspoons in the centre, which is called the college Arms which is huge
    Charters sounds great, thanks for the recommendations!!

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Loads of nice pubs and restaurants in town centre near the Cathedral. Chain restaurants in surrounding Malls.

For those who’d prefer a karsi with drunken singing and punch ups there’s a place up just past Asda’s in opposite direction to the railway station. Personally I’d avoid it.
    Thank you

Got to be a home win. Posh will be up for it after beating Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    We should be up for it after beating Blackpool

Many thanks for this info.Love my real Ale. Charters bar will do fine.
    Spedger

I am a great afianado of Belgian beers and will pop in for a couple before the game.

aficionado, that is....

Forget the brewery tap. To far from ground and nowhere near as many Ales on sale I've been to both in the last 3 hours

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Btw , I’ve heard from a reliable source that a lot of travellers will be at the game.
    LEaDeR

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Derby are ****ed. I fancy us tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    We should be up for it after beating Blackpool
    Posh fans on their messageboard seem very confident they will win.
    I think we can put a few past them if we take our chances

Tickets available to buy today at the ground if you still fancy going.

Thanks a lot Uncle Bob. Am guessing the beer festival is not on now? Have you come across any craft / keg joints yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I am a great afianado of Belgian beers and will pop in for a couple before the game.
    Have you tried this one? I think it’s raising money for cancer charities. It’s pretty good!

6D2BC0AD-F5C6-4A30-819D-13F200AF8193.jpg

I wonder if it's on Sky Red button?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Tickets available to buy today at the ground if you still fancy going.
    A few spaces left on the coach leaving town at 1.00pm if anyone fancies it

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Have you tried this one? I think it’s raising money for cancer charities. It’s pretty good!

6D2BC0AD-F5C6-4A30-819D-13F200AF8193.jpg
    Never heard of it so I obviously haven't kept abreast of things. Currently enjoying a honey beer at Charters...

Come and say hi to me I'm in red jacket at charters bar sat outside