+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Very good day of live, mostly local, sport today.

Very good day of live, mostly local, sport today.

Besides what could be a very exciting last day to the test match starting at 11 o clock, Glamorgan face Essex in Cardiff in the Semi Final of the Fifty over cup at the same time with a live stream of all of the action on the club's social media channels.

Then, at one o clock the Under 23s play their first competitive match of the season against Wigan at Cardiff City Stadium with free admission to anyone who wants to go along and, as usual with home matches, there will be a free live stream of the match on the club website.

Re: Very good day of live, mostly local, sport today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Besides what could be a very exciting last day to the test match starting at 11 o clock, Glamorgan face Essex in Cardiff in the Semi Final of the Fifty over cup at the same time with a live stream of all of the action on the club's social media channels.

Then, at one o clock the Under 23s play their first competitive match of the season against Wigan at Cardiff City Stadium with free admission to anyone who wants to go along and, as usual with home matches, there will be a free live stream of the match on the club website.
    sure is cheers bob cant wait for the cricket hope the weather holds out

Thanks for the heads up Bob, resigned to watching updates on my phone unfortunately.

Glam won the toss so good start.
    Essex currently 15 for no wicket.

great last day so far at the test england need be carefull dishing it out to the indian bowlers

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    great last day so far at the test england need be carefull dishing it out to the indian bowlers
    Bizarre tactics by Root when, instead of going for the Indian jugular, England backed off and put fielders on the boundaries, now, based on England's failure to chase a generous target offered by New Zealand earlier in the season, I'd say they find themselves in a position where only India can win the game.

Bizarre tactics by Root when, instead of going for the Indian jugular, England backed off and put fielders on the boundaries, now, based on England's failure to chase a generous target offered by New Zealand earlier in the season, I'd say they find themselves in a position where only India can win the game.
    it was, keep the runs down and hope to pick someone up scared to lose again by the look of things

England 43-2 after losing both openers for ducks.

England 43-2 after losing both openers for ducks.
    44-3 now.

This must be swinging well towards India (from a draw)!

I was only able to watch a couple of minutes of the Under 23 game but our number 7 looked a very neat and tidy player actually passing rather than hoofing the ball. Anyone know who he is?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I was only able to watch a couple of minutes of the Under 23 game but our number 7 looked a very neat and tidy player actually passing rather than hoofing the ball. Anyone know who he is?
    Sam Bowen.

England 99-7 with sixteen overs left - they’re going to get slaughtered by the media if they lose this.

8 down now.
    Umpire dreadful LBW decision of Not Out rightly overturned.
    2 wickets off 9 overs.
    Game on!

Make that nine down!

Edit:
    India win by 151

Fantastic win by a very good Indian team, but I think England were pathetic in terms of their attitude today.

Root seemed to lose it in the morning session. But India still had to take 10 wickets. Excellent bowling combined with some pretty ordinary batting.

Fantastic win by a very good Indian team, but I think England were pathetic in terms of their attitude today.
    Well done to India, shocking by England.

Root getting hammered by the crowd as he is introduced on camera and visibly shaken.

Pathetic is indeed the adjective.

Edit:
    She (the interviewer) let him off lightly there.

defthey seemed to beat themselves