+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I see the horrendous Swansea paedophile chant is live and well at the game tonight..

Re: I see the horrendous Swansea paedophile chant is live and well at the game tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

I think that anti English chants are boring but if someone was ever nicked for singing that sort of stuff you have to be prepared to deal with it but I doubt it would ever happen .
    the point I was making, was people find the anti-english songs/ chants offensive and could well put of people from coming to support us / be offended

what it poor taste for Dai Jones in Block 107 might not be poor taste for Steve Griffiths in the canton

Re: I see the horrendous Swansea paedophile chant is live and well at the game tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    the point I was making, was people find the anti-english songs/ chants offensive and could well put of people from coming to support us / be offended

what it poor taste for Dai Jones in Block 107 might not be poor taste for Steve Griffiths in the canton
    I think the point you are making is correct . Boring ......and offensive ? I can go with that

An offence under law ? I don't know 😕

I can't be arsed getting into the rights and wrongs of things in this thread, and i'm not backing up sludge or anyone else for that matter. But, the fact is that i have witnessed sludge challenge Racism on the Bob Bank Terrace, that's a fact. As for his stuff about women, whether he's playing the Al Murray, Pub Landlord parody type of thing, i don't know.

this has been a interesting thread and shows how much society and football has changed over the last 20 years

Yes we all know that this chant is unacceptable in this day and age

I don't understand your position at all. It seems to be:

- defend English football fans when they demonstrate serious anti-social behaviour on basis of all fans do it even though that isn't true
    - draw false equivalence between songs about child abuse and songs about England losing the Euros - unless you were referring to other songs which I didn't hear or the game against Sutton which I didn't go to.

Regarding your comment on theme of this thread though:

Yes we all know that this chant is unacceptable in this day and age
    I think this is poorly worded. What's changed is improved understanding about how damaging sexual abuse is and how much of it happened in football as recently as the 90's rather than what is or isn't acceptable - it was never acceptable.

For anyone not yet getting it, one of those players abused by Bennell etc. could easily be in the stadium when we sing this chant and someone in their position now who needs help might be listening. That is what we're really talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I can't be arsed getting into the rights and wrongs of things in this thread, and i'm not backing up sludge or anyone else for that matter. But, the fact is that i have witnessed sludge challenge Racism on the Bob Bank Terrace, that's a fact. As for his stuff about women, whether he's playing the Al Murray, Pub Landlord parody type of thing, i don't know.
    Is everyone supposed to just know its an act then? Everyone who causally reads the board?

It seems a few long serving members in here get a pass for behaviour that others wouldn't get, just because of who they are.

Why is it when say, sludge gets abusive on here it's OK, but JR acts similarly and people flock out of the woodwork to call him out on it?

Sludge called me a **** on a thread not so long back, I'm guessing matt was on one of his clean the board missions, but the thread disappeared. A select few on here get preferable treatment.

Yes I often challenged people about those and other songs . At Leicester away under dave Jones a large section of our away support that Tuesday night were abusing the ex swans manager and suggesting he had kidnapped magazine Mc Cann , after the chant stopped I stood up and shouted out stop singing that song , it's a fecking disgrace . I didn't get battered and the song wasn't sung again that night . A small victory maybe but you gotta walk the walk sometimes.

As for there being far worse songs sung by Cardiff fans than the child abuse song I think if those are really your views you simply don't get it
    What the **** has my wife and kids going got to to do with wether I’ve heard the “Get your tits out for the lads” chant being sang?

By that logic you haven’t got any kids so why are you getting offended?

And we will agree to disagree because to my mind chanting and mocking about the death of a specific real person is far worse than some generalised childish chant in poor taste. It’s al it’s fictional. As fictional as them looking in the dustbin for rats to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Is everyone supposed to just know its an act then? Everyone who causally reads the board?

It seems a few long serving members in here get a pass for behaviour that others wouldn't get, just because of who they are.

Why is it when say, sludge gets abusive on here it's OK, but JR acts similarly and people flock out of the woodwork to call him out on it?

Sludge called me a **** on a thread not so long back, I'm guessing matt was on one of his clean the board missions, but the thread disappeared. A select few on here get preferable treatment.
    I don't know if it's an act or not, i've never spent enough time in sludge's company to work out the intricacies of his character. Maybe we should all try to not be abusive on here, including me on times. Plenty of us have been guilty of it. A recent spat that i had on here taught me a lesson, i embarrassed myself, and i told myself that i have to take responsibility for what i say, even if another person insults me or i profoundly disagree with what they're saying. It can get pretty childish, and like i said, i've been guilty of behaving like a twat on here.

I don't know if it's an act or not, i've never spent enough time in sludge's company to work out the intricacies of his character. Maybe we should all try to not be abusive on here, including me on times. Plenty of us have been guilty of it. A recent spat that i had on here taught me a lesson, i embarrassed myself, and i told myself that i have to take responsibility for what i say, even if another person insults me or i profoundly disagree with what they're saying. It can get pretty childish, and like i said, i've been guilty of behaving like a twat on here.
    I meant the persona on here, I'm not saying he's like it in real life, but people that come on here read what he says, that's all I was getting at really.

Agree, I've been guilty of falling into silly arguments, hence trying not to "take the bait" and stop commenting when it looks like something trivial might end up in 56 replies back and forth

I meant the persona on here, I'm not saying he's like it in real life, but people that come on here read what he says, that's all I was getting at really.

Agree, I've been guilty of falling into silly arguments, hence trying not to "take the bait" and stop commenting when it looks like something trivial might end up in 56 replies back and forth
    Ah, got you. I think that sludge needs to be a bit careful with some of the stuff he posts about women, joke or not, mirroring the image of sexists or not. Not everyone will 'Get It'

Yeah, a bit of banter is fine in my opinion, like we would do if we were sat in a pub together, but some of the nastiness is plain wrong in my opinion, and i'm not preaching, because i've got form for it. I shall do my best to steer clear of it

Ah, got you. I think that sludge needs to be a bit careful with some of the stuff he posts about women, joke or not, mirroring the image of sexists or not. Not everyone will 'Get It'

Yeah, a bit of banter is fine in my opinion, like we would do if we were sat in a pub together, but some of the nastiness is plain wrong in my opinion, and i'm not preaching, because i've got form for it. I shall do my best to steer clear of it
    Its the way it translates, I say a lot of stuff not intended to offend, but there's no 'tone' when you type and most people just look at who's posted a comment and make their mind up based on their opinion of that person how they are going to take the comment.. Hope that made sense like it did in my head as I read it to myself

If someone is going to call out sick chants, they should also think about how they conduct themselves at all times online

Its the way it translates, I say a lot of stuff not intended to offend, but there's no 'tone' when you type and most people just look at who's posted a comment and make their mind up based on their opinion of that person how they are going to take the comment.. Hope that made sense like it did in my head as I read it to myself

If someone is going to call out sick chants, they should also think about how they conduct themselves at all times online
    Spot on

I think he's one of these blokes who says yes, I really understand that , possibly studied feminism at university then went home to knock one out over the social secretary of the Welsh society
    Just someone with, what I at least consider to be, a beautiful wife and 3 beautiful daughters. Wouldn’t like them to meet someone in real life with the characteristics of your internet persona. Hopefully it’s not the real you

I like you Sludge and I’m sure you’re harmless, you’re just a little over the top at times for me.

I’m more a flip flops than sandals guy though 👍

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Just someone with, what I at least consider to be, a beautiful wife and 3 beautiful daughters. Wouldn’t like them to meet someone in real life with the characteristics of your internet persona. Hopefully it’s not the real you

I like you Sludge and I’m sure you’re harmless, you’re just a little over the top at times for me.

I’m more a flip flops than sandals guy though 👍
    I have met your wife and she is indeed a beautiful lady

Seriously , it's not me at all

You have definitely got a Jesus vibe going on ......you got a tufty little beard , blue eyes ?

Cardiff City 3 Millwall 1

I'm waiting for the subject of self-confessed bestiality to be discussed on here.

One nil to the........

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'm waiting for the subject of self-confessed bestiality to be discussed on here.

One nil to the........
    I had the same thought when I heard the chant during the game "we know what we are..."

Where's the outrage?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

One nil to the........
    I find it helps me if I read the entire thread back as if it were Derek & Clive chatting over several bottles of Jamesons.

If we can't sing those songs (rightly so) because they are offensive, we shouldn't sing any other song that any person could find offensive.
    I just don't think that's true at all, I think most people have a general idea in life about what's ok or not, and the same is at a football match.

You can make life difficult if you want and pretend everything's equally offensive because for everything that exists, in the internet age of unlimited communication you can find someone who'll be offended by it, but the reality is the vast majority of us aren't that different and we have a general agreed line about what's ok and what's a bit c**nty

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I just don't think that's true at all, I think most people have a general idea in life about what's ok or not, and the same is at a football match.

You can make life difficult if you want and pretend everything's equally offensive because for everything that exists, in the internet age of unlimited communication you can find someone who'll be offended by it, but the reality is the vast majority of us aren't that different and we have a general agreed line about what's ok and what's a bit c**nty
    You should know by now that wasn't a serious comment.

Large group singing the very song loudly today.......no booing of any sort

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Large group singing the very song loudly today.......no booing of any sort
    It won't happen mate.

People will scream and shout online, but when it comes to action they won't want to know.

It won't happen mate.

People will scream and shout online, but when it comes to action they won't want to know.
    not sure the club will do much more than add something to the program, might make a few tannoy announcements

not sure the club will do much more than add something to the program, might make a few tannoy announcements
    Most likely

It won't happen mate.

Well there’s about 6 different people in this thread calling out the chant, so it’s a very small minority (and I bet a couple don’t get down to games anymore).

Well I have taken action and spoken to the police and the club so if nothing at all gets done by the club then clearly its going to have to be dealt with by the fans

Or we just do feck all

I think doing nothing about this chant is not acceptable

I think the “how shit must you be….we’re winning away” must be one of the worst ‘songs’ we sing. Makes me cringe every time I hear it!

Also, some of our fans (at Blackpool) booing ‘the knee’…..everyone’s entitled to their opinion I know, it just bothers me.