+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I see the horrendous Swansea paedophile chant is live and well at the game tonight..

Re: I see the horrendous Swansea paedophile chant is live and well at the game tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I hope the club has had a few emails, their policy on this type of thing is quite clear.
    Emails? Why not pop down the club shop?

Re: I see the horrendous Swansea paedophile chant is live and well at the game tonight..

I hope the club has had a few emails, their policy on this type of thing is quite clear.
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/club/diversity-equality

They certainly have

Send one yourself , just making the club aware of your concerns about this chanting will make a difference , and it already has

Of course others will just mouth off , as they always do

The apple never falls far from the tree 🌳

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Get your teacher to help you send one

No crayons

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    There’s a spot vacant on 8 out of 10 Cats going now poor old Sean has passed. Go for for it, you could end up a comic legend

There’s a spot vacant on 8 out of 10 Cats going now poor old Sean has passed. Go for for it, you could end up a comic legend
    Sean was clever and sharp to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sean was clever and sharp to be fair
    Yeah, that is an important point.

E
    Yeah, that is an important point.

Being ever so slightly pedantic, it’s two points

Jürgen Klopp met with @LFC_LGBT this week to discuss the incident of homophobic chanting at Norwich City.

The pair discuss the impact of such chants on LGBT+ supporters, why they should not occur again, and the importance of inclusivity.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1428310909760462862
    This is what the club should be doing. Leadership from the very core to say such a horrible chant shouldn't happen, explain why and make sure everyone knows where they can get support if they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    This is what the club should be doing. Leadership from the very core to say such a horrible chant shouldn't happen, explain why and make sure everyone knows where they can get support if they need it.
    Absolutely

The club have a diversity statement and say you can contact them regarding abusive chanting

You can also text the club on match days

For now they , the police and supporters groups are aware of the chanting and it is on the agenda for a forthcoming meeting

Its up to everyone to get rid of fans like this

Absolutely

The club have a diversity statement and say you can contact them regarding abusive chanting

For now they , the police and supporters groups are aware of the chanting and it is on the agenda for a forthcoming meeting

But where do they go if they're booted away from football? Surely better to have football there for them but clear that the behaviour needs to be rid of.

Absolutely

It’s not about about getting rid of these fans over what they chant - how many are we left with then?
    They are our fans at the end of the day who turn out, who are trying to create some atmosphere - it’s just a case of poor song choices and they are not a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    But where do they go if they're booted away from football? Surely better to have football there for them but clear that the behaviour needs to be rid of.
    I am all for that if it could be achieved

The club making regular announcements , leafletting fans at the stadium etc

But what if that doesn't work ?

Abusive chanting is a criminal offence . Should we just allow it to continue , tell people off ?

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    It’s not about about getting rid of these fans over what they chant - how many are we left with then?
    They are our fans at the end of the day who turn out, who are trying to create some atmosphere - it’s just a case of poor song choices and they are not a lost cause.
    Its about 2 or 300 idiots

To be fair I think singing songs about child abuse and labelling it as a poor choice is letting people off lightly . We are talking people in their thirties plus singing this . I hope the club are intending getting tough with these fans and making it clear its not acceptable. If that can be achieved , great . How many chances do we give them though ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    E

Being ever so slightly pedantic, it’s two points
    It's or they're?

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    100% agree. It starts with asking them to stop, not slinging them out. I believe in trying to educate and reform not strong-arm tactics. You’re right, they are not lost causes.

Absolutely

Get rid of fans? Who the **** do you think you are?
    Yes do what you can to stop them and educate them but get off your high horse because your in no position to dictate who can or can't attend a game.

While I don't agree with everything Sludge has said I do think more should be done to counter-act this chant and Sludge has come up with some good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    100% agree. It starts with asking them to stop, not slinging them out. I believe in trying to educate and reform not strong-arm tactics. You’re right, they are not lost causes.
    Who is going to ask them ?

If someone is in the canton end on Saturday and is say 21 and some bloke , a big lump in his thirties starts singing this do you think he should tell him to stop ?

Its not easy to confront abusive behaviour

Would you do it ?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Get rid of fans? Who the **** do you think you are?
    Yes do what you can to stop them and educate them but get off your high horse because your in no position to dictate who can or can't attend a game.
    I don't want racists and idiots breaking the law following my club

If someone is chanting racist abuse , singing songs about Harold Shipman or child abuse in our stadium or away from home I want them dealt with .

What if educating people about these songs doesn't work

You think we should just shrug our shoulders ?

Only banter etc ?

I would personally ban them from matches and if the police took people to court and they were convicted then the club would Definitely ban them

Are you saying they are not causing alarm and distress by their actions and are NOT breaking the law ?

Because they are

The points on the embarrassing song have been made pretty well in this thread…. maybe a little repetitive but but hey ho…better to read it 200 times than not at all.

I noticed that someone pointed out Sludge’s objectification of women in the past, although I’ve not noticed it recently, which is a good thing for me, as I found that pretty creepy.

Have you banished that Sludge?

Here you go stan

Cardiff City does not tolerate discrimination , abuse , foul language or anti social behaviour

The statement asks fans to report behaviour to the club via text and its clear they will prosecute in partnership with the police

Clearly the chanting at Blackpool and Peterborough is unlawful and if someone gets a ban for singing songs about child abuse I couldn't care less

Football fans can be such idiots , howling for stiffer sentences for robbers , druggies etc yet when one of our lot breaks the law we should have a chat with em .

Who is going to ask them ?

If someone is in the canton end on Saturday and is say 21 and some bloke , a big lump in his thirties starts singing this do you think he should tell him to stop ?

Its not easy to confront abusive behaviour

Would you do it ?
    Yes Sludge, I would. It doesn't have to be aggressive. It doesn't have to be confrontational. There are many ways of speaking to people. But it does start with personal responsibility. The club needs to take action too, and as surge has said, you've come up with some great ideas but I don't agree with banning as the first line of action.

I agree, someone in their 20s in the example you gave would be in a very difficult position and I wouldn't suggest they did.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    The points on the embarrassing song have been made pretty well in this thread…. maybe a little repetitive but but hey ho…better to read it 200 times than not at all.

I noticed that someone pointed out Sludge’s objectification of women in the past, although I’ve not noticed it recently, which is a good thing for me, as I found that pretty creepy.

Have you banished that Sludge?
    I don't know if making about stories about Betty at number 23 or sexiest teacher at secondary school is against the law but if it is I think you should text the club , pronto

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yes Sludge, I would. It doesn't have to be aggressive. It doesn't have to be confrontational. There are many ways of speaking to people. But it does start with personal responsibility. The club needs to take action too, and as surge has said, you've come up with some great ideas but I don't agree with banning as the first line of action.

I agree, someone in their 20s in the example you gave would be in a very difficult position and I wouldn't suggest they did.
    Fair enough mate 👌👍