+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Afghanistan Debate. Why aren't Tom Tughendhat and Tobias Elwood in more senior Government posts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Afghanistan Debate. Why aren't Tom Tughendhat and Tobias Elwood in more senior Government posts

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's a period of history that has been turbulent to say the least , Brexit, Covid, Trump , BLM , Climate ,Economic Chaos etc .

I do wonder if any other buffon could have done any worse or better something I don't know , can't judge compare Boris fully as it's not normal times, I'm sure though folk who say he's a buffon are right as they could easily have managed these last few years .

The only thing I feel personally feel, is the alternative
    ( Corbyn vehicle ) was a risk and a worry.
    Christ you’ve been brainwashed. We have an absolute clown and liar running the country and all you can come up with is but, but Corbyn.

I think you’ll find Corbyn was right all along. Voted against us invading Afghanistan. And please don’t come back with yes but Corbyn would have had tea with the Taliban etc, etc. Successive governments have invaded other countries, killing and maiming thousands and where has it got us. We are at more danger now from terrorist attacks than we’ve ever been and the country is back to square one.

Re: Afghanistan Debate. Why aren't Tom Tughendhat and Tobias Elwood in more senior Government posts

Doesn't politics have its own separate place on this board?

I have just read the rest of the posts, people bickering about their favourite politicians .

Get it gone from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Doesn't politics have its own separate place on this board?

I have just read the rest of the posts, people bickering about their favourite politicians .

Get it gone from here.

Yes it does have a separate place, but I believe something as important as this deserves the wider circulation it gets on the main board. The Politics board tends to attract the usual suspects when it comes to discussions, and while many of the same people contribute to threads such as this on the main board as well, people who would not normally look at the politics board also contribute which I think is important.

I have long had an antipathy towards the politics board in any case. I think it pretty pointless, but that discussion needs a separate post which I will write one of these days. I think perhaps it is time we looked at it again