+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dominic Raab

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Dominic Raab

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    How do you know it made any difference. Thats the point.
    We don't. I really don't think that is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    We don't. I really don't think that is the point.
    It is. Raab is insulted and criticised (by tabloids and other parties...wow, surprise!) for something he supposedly didnt do whilst we ignore the fact that people are currently working round the clock to airlift thousands of people from Kabul airport.

As if these situations are easy.

It is. Raab is insulted and criticised (by tabloids and other parties...wow, surprise!) for something he supposedly didnt do whilst we ignore the fact that people are currently working round the clock to airlift thousands of people from Kabul airport.

As if these situations are easy.
    People are working around the clock, and Raab isn't. That's the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    People are working around the clock, and Raab isn't. That's the issue.
    I'm not saying it's good timing with hindsight, but he came back from holiday, and clearly evacuating thousands of people doesnt happen without co-ordination from the top, so maybe the opposition MPs and tabloid newspapers are not accurately reflecting the reality of the situation?

I think we've established it isn't supposedly. Whatever you happen to think about that I think people are likely to comment on The Foreign Secretary's handling of the situation following the recall of parliament yesterday and his performance during it. Just trying to portray any criticism as biased or badly timed just comes across as deflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think we've established it isn't supposedly. Whatever you happen to think about that I think people are likely to comment on The Foreign Secretary's handling of the situation following the recall of parliament yesterday and his performance during it. Just trying to portray any criticism as biased or badly timed just comes across as deflection.
    Fair point. It's more the knee jerk "he's a c**t" type comments, that ignore the reality and how complex this situation is, and ignores what is being achieved and what is happening on the ground. I personally know people working very long hours on getting people evacuated. That doesnt happen while the foreign secretary is on a beach sipping cocktails, so clearly that insinuation is not entirely true, even if he is guilty of being caught unawares.

And I definitely criticise people making party political capital out of situations like this. I think that is contemptuous.

I just think criticism needs to be more focused and balanced to be useful.