+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dominic Raab

Re: Dominic Raab

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Which bits particularly are you suggesting may be untrue? The Foreign Office has already confirmed he was on holiday and decided to delegate the call about rescuing the interpreters because he was busy.
    How do you know it made any difference. Thats the point.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    How do you know it made any difference. Thats the point.
    We don't. I really don't think that is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Walter Mitty
    Given your knee-jerk insults today, I'll take that as a compliment.

We don't. I really don't think that is the point.
    It is. Raab is insulted and criticised (by tabloids and other parties...wow, surprise!) for something he supposedly didnt do whilst we ignore the fact that people are currently working round the clock to airlift thousands of people from Kabul airport.

As if these situations are easy.

It is. Raab is insulted and criticised (by tabloids and other parties...wow, surprise!) for something he supposedly didnt do whilst we ignore the fact that people are currently working round the clock to airlift thousands of people from Kabul airport.

As if these situations are easy.
    People are working around the clock, and Raab isn't. That's the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    People are working around the clock, and Raab isn't. That's the issue.
    I'm not saying it's good timing with hindsight, but he came back from holiday, and clearly evacuating thousands of people doesnt happen without co-ordination from the top, so maybe the opposition MPs and tabloid newspapers are not accurately reflecting the reality of the situation?

I think we've established it isn't supposedly. Whatever you happen to think about that I think people are likely to comment on The Foreign Secretary's handling of the situation following the recall of parliament yesterday and his performance during it. Just trying to portray any criticism as biased or badly timed just comes across as deflection.

I think we've established it isn't supposedly. Whatever you happen to think about that I think people are likely to comment on The Foreign Secretary's handling of the situation following the recall of parliament yesterday and his performance during it. Just trying to portray any criticism as biased or badly timed just comes across as deflection.
    Fair point. It's more the knee jerk "he's a c**t" type comments, that ignore the reality and how complex this situation is, and ignores what is being achieved and what is happening on the ground. I personally know people working very long hours on getting people evacuated. That doesnt happen while the foreign secretary is on a beach sipping cocktails, so clearly that insinuation is not entirely true, even if he is guilty of being caught unawares.

And I definitely criticise people making party political capital out of situations like this. I think that is contemptuous.

I just think criticism needs to be more focused and balanced to be useful.

I never thought I’d see the day someone would be madly defending Dominic rabb ffs. Look at the things he’s said before, look at his voting record, look at the fact he was on holiday while British citizens were stuck in Afghanistan. Then ask yourself why you are blindly defending someone who wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire.

He’s a pure useless ****.

Fair point. It's more the knee jerk "he's a c**t" type comments, that ignore the reality and how complex this situation is, and ignores what is being achieved and what is happening on the ground.

And I definitely criticise people making party political capital out of situations like this. I think that is contemptuous.

I just think criticism needs to be more focused and balanced to be useful.
    It isn’t knee jerk he’s been a **** for years and there’s plenty of evidence of it.

a typical user of a food bank is not someone who’s languishing in poverty, it’s someone who has a cash flow problem

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I never thought I’d see the day someone would be madly defending Dominic rabb ffs. Look at the things he’s said before, look at his voting record, look at the fact he was on holiday while British citizens were stuck in Afghanistan. Then ask yourself why you are blindly defending someone who wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire.

He’s a pure useless ****.
    The UK (most notably his and the defence department) are literally evacuating thousands of Afghan and British citizens as we speak.

Thats what fkn matters. Not some dubious tweets from opposition MPs and tabloid newspapers.

If you are more bothered by those stories than the fact that we are literally evacuating people as we speak, then thats your business i guess, but I think it's pretty weird and scratch beneath the surface and there's party political games at play

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/uk-s...han-nationals/

You can be bothered by more than one thing. The foreign secretary being a self centred useless prick is something worth being worried about.

You’re the one making it about party politics. Rabb’s CV is made up of him being useless (NI border, Dover to Calais exports, being on holiday during this) and a **** (food bank, NHS, being on holiday during this).

I marched in London (and Cardiff) about that, but its never easy to assess what could have happened had we not gone in.

Very generally I'd say Iraq was a mistake and Afghanistan wasn't, but things were achieved in both and no one should think they fought in vain IMO. Saddam Hussain and especially the Taliban were tyrants of the highest order.
    Great post

You can be bothered by more than one thing. The foreign secretary being a self centred useless prick is something worth being worried about.

You’re the one making it about party politics. Rabb’s CV is made up of him being useless (NI border, Dover to Calais exports, being on holiday during this) and a **** (food bank, NHS, being on holiday during this).
    No it's not. The OP said Raab was a 'typical Tory' or words to that effect..

Also, this BBC article is basically:

Labour moaning
    Lib Dems moaning
    SNP moaning
    Plaid moaning
    Daily Mail moaning

Thats why I suspect it's party-political motives at play here
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58265160

All the while the UK (incl Raabs department) are evacuating thousands of people from Kabul airport.

I know which story I think is more interesting and important.

Why do people defend the indefensible when it comes to party politics? People’s lives are in danger and he’s the foreign secretary.

Do you think it’s right for the foreign secretary to go on holiday and ignore comms?
    Foreign secretary puts lives in danger shock.

Whatever happened to the foreign secretary that cocked up Zaghari-Ratcliffe's chances of getting out of Iran?

This lot has to go, and they will albeit for another Tory Government. Every decision they make seems to cost lives. But they are keeping immigration down which some people think is good. Sadly, none of the British people complaining about "forriners taking our jobs" seem ready to step up into the many vacancies that exist. Pick fruit? Clean toilets? Work in a care home? Not on the British nelly squire.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Foreign secretary puts lives in danger shock.

Whatever happened to the foreign secretary that cocked up Zaghari-Ratcliffe's chances of getting out of Iran?

This lot has to go, and they will albeit for another Tory Government. Every decision they make seems to cost lives. But they are keeping immigration down which some people think is good. Sadly, none of the British people complaining about "forriners taking our jobs" seem ready to step up into the many vacancies that exist. Pick fruit? Clean toilets? Work in a care home? Not on the British nelly squire.
    I'm not saying this is a confused post, but...

...The UK are literally in Kabul at the moment evacuating people, potentially saving their lives.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58266555

Immigration is rising. More people arrive than leave
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...313%20thousand.

Not withstanding a small fall post Covid, more British people are working now than at any point in history.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...etric%20models.

No it's not. The OP said Raab was a 'typical Tory' or words to that effect..

Also, this BBC article is basically:

Labour moaning
    Lib Dems moaning
    SNP moaning
    Plaid moaning
    Daily Mail moaning

Thats why I suspect it's party-political motives at play here
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58265160

All the while the UK (incl Raabs department) are evacuating thousands of people from Kabul airport.

I know which story I think is more interesting and important.
    Let’s be honest though that is a typical Tory, especially these days.

Funny that you say opposition parties holding the government to account for being incompetent is moaning but maybe you’re just biased?

I’m sorry that might hurt your sensitive little feelings but if you vote for the tories that’s what you get.

Let’s be honest though that is a typical Tory, especially these days.

I’m sorry that might hurt your sensitive little feelings but if you vote for the tories that’s what you get.
    You are just proving my point, which is that many of those criticising;

1 / Don't care about people being airlifted from Kabul airport.

2 / Do care about sectarian party political jibes.

I'm not saying this is a confused post, but...

...The UK are literally in Kabul at the moment evacuating people, potentially saving their lives.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58266555

Immigration is rising. More people arrive than leave
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...313%20thousand.

Not withstanding a small fall post Covid, more British people are working now than at any point in history.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...etric%20models.
    There’s a lot of propaganda to unpack here, so I’ll keep it simple.

U.K. literally in Kabul saving lives - what has that got to do with the foreign secretary being absent and not doing his job?

More people in work than ever - if you look at zero hour contracts etc maybe, but let’s wait until furlough ends and see if that holds up.

Immigration is rising - our net immigration is about the same as it’s always been. Which is miniscule in terms of our overall population and adds a net positive to our country when you see we have an ageing population with decreasing birth rates.

You are just proving my point, which is that many of those criticising;

1 / Don't care about people being airlifted from Kabul airport.

2 / Do care about sectarian party political jibes.
    Maybe people care about both and are using it to bash one of the most corrupt and useless governments we’ve had in a long time.

There’s a lot of propaganda to unpack here, so I’ll keep it simple.

U.K. literally in Kabul saving lives - what has that got to do with the foreign secretary being absent and not doing his job?

More people in work than ever - if you look at zero hour contracts etc maybe, but let’s wait until furlough ends and see if that holds up.

Immigration is rising - our net immigration is about the same as it’s always been. Which is miniscule in terms of our overall population and adds a net positive to our country when you see we have an ageing population with decreasing birth rates.
    1- He clearly is doing his job isnt he, as these things dont happen without co-ordination from the top. Thats my point.

2 - Zero Hour contracts represent a small number of posts, and suit some people and dont suit others.

3 - Immigration since the 2000's is way higher than it used to be. The link i posted showed that. I dont disagree at all on the benefits, although I do agree in managed migration and not a laissez-faire solution.

Maybe people care about both and are using it to bash one of the most corrupt and useless governments we’ve had in a long time.
    Maybe they do care about both. They don't seem to talk about it mind. Feel free to talk about the evacuation of vulnerable people from Kabul airport as opposed to speculation about Raabs holiday if you like.

Maybe they do care about both. They don't seem to talk about it mind. Feel free to talk about the evacuation of vulnerable people from Kabul airport as opposed to speculation about Raabs holiday if you like.
    Start a thread on the evacuation of vulnerable people from Kabul airport. This thread is about Raab.

1- He clearly is doing his job isnt he, as these things dont happen without co-ordination from the top. Thats my point.

2 - Zero Hour contracts represent a small number of posts, and suit some people and dont suit others.

3 - Immigration since the 2000's is way higher than it used to be. The link i posted showed that. I dont disagree at all on the benefits, although I do agree in managed migration and not a laissez-faire solution.
    You're talking a lot about the evacuation happening now - but the criticism is about Raab being on holiday and not getting involved while the Taliban were still outside Kabul, and the defences were on the verge of collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Start a thread on the evacuation of vulnerable people from Kabul airport. This thread is about Raab.
    Same topic given he's foreign secretary