+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dominic Raab

Re: Dominic Raab

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Foreign secretary puts lives in danger shock.

Whatever happened to the foreign secretary that cocked up Zaghari-Ratcliffe's chances of getting out of Iran?

This lot has to go, and they will albeit for another Tory Government. Every decision they make seems to cost lives. But they are keeping immigration down which some people think is good. Sadly, none of the British people complaining about "forriners taking our jobs" seem ready to step up into the many vacancies that exist. Pick fruit? Clean toilets? Work in a care home? Not on the British nelly squire.
    I'm not saying this is a confused post, but...

...The UK are literally in Kabul at the moment evacuating people, potentially saving their lives.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58266555

Immigration is rising. More people arrive than leave
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...313%20thousand.

Not withstanding a small fall post Covid, more British people are working now than at any point in history.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...etric%20models.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    No it's not. The OP said Raab was a 'typical Tory' or words to that effect..

Also, this BBC article is basically:

Labour moaning
    Lib Dems moaning
    SNP moaning
    Plaid moaning
    Daily Mail moaning

Thats why I suspect it's party-political motives at play here
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58265160

All the while the UK (incl Raabs department) are evacuating thousands of people from Kabul airport.

I know which story I think is more interesting and important.
    Letís be honest though that is a typical Tory, especially these days.

Funny that you say opposition parties holding the government to account for being incompetent is moaning but maybe youíre just biased?

Iím sorry that might hurt your sensitive little feelings but if you vote for the tories thatís what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Let’s be honest though that is a typical Tory, especially these days.

I’m sorry that might hurt your sensitive little feelings but if you vote for the tories that’s what you get.
    You are just proving my point, which is that many of those criticising;

1 / Don't care about people being airlifted from Kabul airport.

2 / Do care about sectarian party political jibes.

I'm not saying this is a confused post, but...

...The UK are literally in Kabul at the moment evacuating people, potentially saving their lives.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58266555

Immigration is rising. More people arrive than leave
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...313%20thousand.

Not withstanding a small fall post Covid, more British people are working now than at any point in history.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...etric%20models.
    Thereís a lot of propaganda to unpack here, so Iíll keep it simple.

U.K. literally in Kabul saving lives - what has that got to do with the foreign secretary being absent and not doing his job?

More people in work than ever - if you look at zero hour contracts etc maybe, but letís wait until furlough ends and see if that holds up.

Immigration is rising - our net immigration is about the same as itís always been. Which is miniscule in terms of our overall population and adds a net positive to our country when you see we have an ageing population with decreasing birth rates.

You are just proving my point, which is that many of those criticising;

1 / Don't care about people being airlifted from Kabul airport.

2 / Do care about sectarian party political jibes.
    Maybe people care about both and are using it to bash one of the most corrupt and useless governments weíve had in a long time.

There’s a lot of propaganda to unpack here, so I’ll keep it simple.

U.K. literally in Kabul saving lives - what has that got to do with the foreign secretary being absent and not doing his job?

More people in work than ever - if you look at zero hour contracts etc maybe, but let’s wait until furlough ends and see if that holds up.

Immigration is rising - our net immigration is about the same as it’s always been. Which is miniscule in terms of our overall population and adds a net positive to our country when you see we have an ageing population with decreasing birth rates.
    1- He clearly is doing his job isnt he, as these things dont happen without co-ordination from the top. Thats my point.

2 - Zero Hour contracts represent a small number of posts, and suit some people and dont suit others.

3 - Immigration since the 2000's is way higher than it used to be. The link i posted showed that. I dont disagree at all on the benefits, although I do agree in managed migration and not a laissez-faire solution.

Maybe people care about both and are using it to bash one of the most corrupt and useless governments we’ve had in a long time.
    Maybe they do care about both. They don't seem to talk about it mind. Feel free to talk about the evacuation of vulnerable people from Kabul airport as opposed to speculation about Raabs holiday if you like.

Maybe they do care about both. They don't seem to talk about it mind. Feel free to talk about the evacuation of vulnerable people from Kabul airport as opposed to speculation about Raabs holiday if you like.
    Start a thread on the evacuation of vulnerable people from Kabul airport. This thread is about Raab.

1- He clearly is doing his job isnt he, as these things dont happen without co-ordination from the top. Thats my point.

2 - Zero Hour contracts represent a small number of posts, and suit some people and dont suit others.

3 - Immigration since the 2000's is way higher than it used to be. The link i posted showed that. I dont disagree at all on the benefits, although I do agree in managed migration and not a laissez-faire solution.
    You're talking a lot about the evacuation happening now - but the criticism is about Raab being on holiday and not getting involved while the Taliban were still outside Kabul, and the defences were on the verge of collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Start a thread on the evacuation of vulnerable people from Kabul airport. This thread is about Raab.
    Same topic given he's foreign secretary

Should have a list of Tory boy whining.

1 but but but Jeremy Corbyn
    2 but but but Diane Abbott
    3 poor Boris such difficult times.
    4 they are only criticising for political point scoring.
    5 At least Boris hasnt stopped me getting my lamb chops at my preferred butchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Should have a list of Tory boy whining.

1 but but but Jeremy Corbyn
    2 but but but Diane Abbott
    3 poor Boris such difficult times.
    4 they are only criticising for political point scoring.
    5 At least Boris hasnt stopped me getting my lamb chops at my preferred butchers.
    You've misspelt winning ;)

BBC news at lunchtime said that Raab was asked to make phone-call to his equal in Afghanistan by his department's advisers but he delegated job to more junior position.

UK government's position as of 8th of July was that there isn't military path for Taliban victory which has been proved false very quickly.

Question is whether Raab showed poor judgement in misunderstanding what could happen over 1month plus and poor judgement again by asking person junior to him to make, on face of it, such a critical phone-call both of which have had dire outcomes.

UK are now reacting as quickly as possible but it's easy in hindsight, isn't it?

I'm sure Raab and Johnson would both have been straight on it if some of their mates/donors could have made a few quid out of the situation.

Cameron

What an oily git he's turned out to be

Who would have thought that eh 🤔

To be fair you were happy to share your take on Raab's holiday prior to declaring the story unimportant and uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    To be fair you were happy to share your take on Raab's holiday prior to declaring the story unimportant and uninteresting.
    Yeah exaclty.

Raab was asked to make one phonecall from his sun lounger and he refused and it sums him up.

I still can't believe anyone would defen him and the only reason I can grasp that someone would do it is they're such a biased tory supporter they'd never criticise anything to do with the party. The main thing wrong with party politics imo, people are so biased they'll over look anything to support the party and will vote for them regardless of all the corruption and cuntiness on display.

Same topic given he's foreign secretary
    If the actual important thing is what's going on in Kabul, why was this your first post?

Should he not go on holiday?

Or are you basing the insults on what the Labour Party have said? Because, as a general rule, you cant trust opposition parties to be entirely truthful about situations regarding their political opponents..
    What's more important boots on the ground or boots on your tongue?

Yeah exaclty.

Raab was asked to make one phonecall from his sun lounger and he refused and it sums him up.

I still can't believe anyone would defen him and the only reason I can grasp that someone would do it is they're such a biased tory supporter they'd never criticise anything to do with the party. The main thing wrong with party politics imo, people are so biased they'll over look anything to support the party and will vote for them regardless of all the corruption and cuntiness on display.
    Or maybe:

1 - What you say happened, in fact didnt
    2 - Whoever made the call wouldnt have made any difference
    3 - People think its a side show to more important matters (like the ongoing airlift evacuations)

I've voted for all major parties and will gladly criticise the Tories, but just not on this trumped up charge of holiday speculation when far more important matters are taking place.

No knee jerk reaction here I am afraid. Just seeing Dominic Rabb in the news serves as a reminder how much of an absolute c*nt the bloke is.