+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dominic Raab

Re: Dominic Raab

Just seen this on BBC.

If a lot of Tory MP's share rhe views of Tobias Ellwood Raab's days may be numbered

'The British Armed Forces Minister, James Heappey, has insisted that a single phone call wouldn't have changed how events unfolded.

Conservative MP Tobias Ellwood, who chairs the Commons Defence Committee, said he agreed with Mr Heappey's statement but also suggested that it might be time for change within the Cabinet.

He told the BBC: "This government was put together back in December 2019 when the world looked very different indeed.

"You do need different skillsets, different types of leadership given the challenges that we now face, and I'm sure the prime minister will be considering that."'

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Raab was always an underachiever.

If you remember when Boris was critically unwell with Covid, Raab stepped up and looked like a startled rabbit and was completely out of his depth .

Who in thier right mind would want to be a politician.
    You spell their the same way as my partner, the wrong way

The debate on Raab is almost as if no one has the answers to how this unfolded or had the ability to forecast it on either side of the political arena , but feel calling out a man on holiday or not making a phone call is a lot easier than offering any positive suggestions or alternatives to have stop this incident unfolding .

It does appear that UK is making a better fist of evacuation than USA .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Raab was always an underachiever.

If you remember when Boris was critically unwell with Covid, Raab stepped up and looked like a startled rabbit and was completely out of his depth .

Who in thier right mind would want to be a politician.
    Boris??? his name is Johnson. Critically ill God you are naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    It is very hard to defend some people. So I won't bother.

He should be replace by someone who has knowledge in foreign affairs

|Such as the Chairman of the Foreign Affairs committee

Tom Tughendhat of course. From what I read He is highly intelligent, well thought of on all sides of the house.

Surely a better fit than Dominic Raab.

It won't happen of course and Raab probably won't go now. But he may in the reshuffle which has been predicted for months
    Tugendhat is neither a serial arse licker or a rabid Brexiter, so he has no chance of promotion in the current goverment

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Boris??? his name is Johnson. Critically ill God you are naive.
    And you know for a fact he wasn't do you??? I am pretty sure if they had lied about how ill he was, someone connected with the hospital would have leaked it by now.

This is a quote from the Guardian on the 17th April

'The rumours were loosely right: the prime minister was seriously unwell, more than admitted.'

He is actually Boris Johnson ( do you call Sir Keir Starmer, just Starmer??) but rightly or wrongly he is almost universally known as Boris so why criticise someone when they use his first name?