+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Target for no-one in Wales to use a gas boiler after 2030, climate change minister says

Target for no-one in Wales to use a gas boiler after 2030, climate change minister says

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...ilers-21344951

There is a target for gas boilers to be abandoned in Wales with no-one using one by 2030, climate change minister Julie James has said.

Re: Target for no-one in Wales to use a gas boiler after 2030, climate change minister says

Mine's only 18 months old.
    If they pay me, I'll change it.

Re: Target for no-one in Wales to use a gas boiler after 2030, climate change minister says

Oh the crooks !

Wake up to this climate change fraud people.

It’s NOTHING but a huge scheme to get the modest amounts of money out of your pockets and into the already bulging gold bags of politicians and billionaires.

DONT TAKE IT ANYMORE

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Oh the crooks !

It’s NOTHING but a huge scheme to get the modest amounts of money out of your pockets and into the already bulging gold bags of politicians and billionaires.

DONT TAKE IT ANYMORE
    How, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    How, exactly?
    Did you really have to ask?😂

It’s a “target”
    As the climax minister she has to give some sort of date
    Can’t see the entire country switching to electricity by then
    I’m the same as Bobh
    Got a new gas boiler plus I’ve got a log burner 🔥
    Eight years will be here in no time 🤨

International

They have to make electricity far moe affordable before they can even begin to think about this. And that won't be easy!

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...ilers-21344951

There is a target for gas boilers to be abandoned in Wales with no-one using one by 2030, climate change minister Julie James has said.
    The Llandeilo by pass is going ahead thank goodness. We're in safe hands.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They have to make electricity far moe affordable before they can even begin to think about this. And that won't be easy!
    How would the grid cope with the massively increased demand?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    How, exactly?

At this stage it’s very complicated because they’ve made it so, as all con men do.

Much as I’d like to go through it if it helped just one person, I just can’t start explaining the history politics and very basic TRUE science to one person , who’s vey likely to reject it out of hand anyway.

All I can do is implore you to look at the whole thing carefully yourself. I have no agenda other than to dissuade you and so many others not to take the sweets from the “nice man” in the van , or go for a ride with him.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    How would the grid cope with the massively increased demand?
    Are you asking about generation or transmission and distribution?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Oh the crooks !

DONT TAKE IT ANYMORE
    Ronnie, please shut up. You don't know what you're talking about here. The planet is in peril. Everyone knows it.

Yeah, silly me. If only had your understanding of these matters.

Electric cars, electric heating...the whole country is going electric. But we only just got through the last winter, with a number of 'very close' incidents, where demand exceeded supply - we were literally minutes away from major power cuts. We're going to need at least a dozen new power stations, running on.... Er, what, exactly?

Nevermind that, we all need to get out in our gardens and dig, dig trenches 3 metres deep and as long as possible to put pipes in to source the heat we all need. So forget the bar you built, the new patio or decking, up it comes, get digging. You just need a small room then to house the components needed to sort that heat to run your your house….and about 10/20 grand. It’s no problem Shirley?
    Come on, get digging we’ve got 8 yrs….to save mankind

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Nevermind that, we all need to get out in our gardens and dig, dig trenches 3 metres deep and as long as possible to put pipes in to source the heat we all need. So forget the bar you built, the new patio or decking, up it comes, get digging. You just need a small room then to house the components needed to sort that heat to run your your house….and about 10/20 grand. It’s no problem Shirley?
    Come on, get digging we’ve got 8 yrs….to save mankind

I changed my boiler last Nov, the old one was knackered and while we are planning a extension on the place, we thought we would go with a higher rated boiler to cope with demand

Had a company come out and explain the heat bore source system, it was crazy and not too much different to your post, the guy said it was the future and we will all need it in the next 20 years, I laughed at him, he might have been right, just have to hope BoJo doesn't buy into this climate change stuff

Banned

When your as hot as me lads, you'll just constantly warm the house up mun

An arbitrary date with no appreciation of the complexities of the changes, time to reskill etc

Definitely can see 2030 new homes being fitted with no gas boilers but retrospective changes are pie in the sky

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    As the climax minister she has to give some sort of date
    Never realised the Welsh Government has appointed one of these!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    An arbitrary date with no appreciation of the complexities of the changes, time to reskill etc

Definitely can see 2030 new homes being fitted with no gas boilers but retrospective changes are pie in the sky
    Surely global warming will go hand in hand with removals of gas boilers ?
    We just keep what we're doing, like chucking fag packets in the sea and stuff, and they'll be no need for boilers.
    Especially when Trecco Bay levels rise by 2 mm

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Surely global warming will go hand in hand with removals of gas boilers ?
    We just keep what we're doing, like chucking fag packets in the sea and stuff, and they'll be no need for boilers.
    Especially when Trecco Bay levels rise by 2 mm
    I'm looking forward to selling my valleys house and advertising it as having "sea views".

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm looking forward to selling my valleys house and advertising it as having "sea views".
    Careful what tut say to Nugent about the valleys. He moved away and forgot his valley roots.

First Team

Can't be done in that timescale you say ...

horse-to-car.jpg

Do they take into account the environmental impact of producing, delivering and installing all these new boilers when existing ones are still working OK?

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Do they take into account the environmental impact of producing, delivering and installing all these new boilers when existing ones are still working OK?
    Don’t worry about it, we have the same genius like strategists working on it who are in charge of traffic mgt schemes in cardiff, like the closure and then re opening of castle street…..