+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Target for no-one in Wales to use a gas boiler after 2030, climate change minister says

Re: Target for no-one in Wales to use a gas boiler after 2030, climate change minister says

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Surely global warming will go hand in hand with removals of gas boilers ?
    We just keep what we're doing, like chucking fag packets in the sea and stuff, and they'll be no need for boilers.
    Especially when Trecco Bay levels rise by 2 mm
    Will that effect us getting into the High Tide 🤔 for a pint

Re: Target for no-one in Wales to use a gas boiler after 2030, climate change minister says

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Will that effect us getting into the High Tide �� for a pint
    Only at low tide.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    At this stage it’s very complicated because they’ve made it so, as all con men do.

Much as I’d like to go through it if it helped just one person, I just can’t start explaining the history politics and very basic TRUE science to one person , who’s vey likely to reject it out of hand anyway.

All I can do is implore you to look at the whole thing carefully yourself. I have no agenda other than to dissuade you and so many others not to take the sweets from the “nice man” in the van , or go for a ride with him.
    Please try to explain in English what the **** you are trying to say.

At this stage it’s very complicated because they’ve made it so, as all con men do.

Much as I’d like to go through it if it helped just one person, I just can’t start explaining the history politics and very basic TRUE science to one person , who’s vey likely to reject it out of hand anyway.

All I can do is implore you to look at the whole thing carefully yourself. I have no agenda other than to dissuade you and so many others not to take the sweets from the “nice man” in the van , or go for a ride with him.
    I was expecting this answer. Nothing at all addressed, an insult towards me and a boast about how smart you are.

Let me ask another question which you also won't answer in a haughty way.

Politician careers at the top often only last a few years. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to receive kickbacks from the existing giants, oil and gas? Why would they embark on a decades long campaign on behalf of an industry that doesn't make money?

It makes no sense because you are, yet again, talking total nonsense. But you like people replying to you, so here we are.

OK, I think I get what you're saying. I see it as 'the nice man in the van' is the person who's coming to take my gas boiler away and will exploit my sugar cravings with say, Turkish Delight, in a kind Narnia, climate-changed post-apocalyptic future and lure me into his van to do bad things to me, like, force me to watch bearded men in 1970s Open University programmes explain equations about carbon emissions on black & white CRT sets (the bearded men aren't actually on the sets - that would just be crazy). I admit that I could be reading too much into this or the Psilocybin I bought off the Dark Web is stronger than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I laughed at him, he might have been right, just have to hope BoJo doesn't buy into this climate change stuff
    Yeah all of this irritating science stuff might mean an inconvenience in favour of something silly like saving the planet. Let's hope Boris sticks his head in the sand and ignores it. That way you won't have to undertake some groundworks in your garden - let your kids deal with the mess instead.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM;5216677.
    Please try to explain in English what the **** you are trying to say.

Bad men lying to you. For some reason they think you’re a gullible idiot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Careful what tut say to Nugent about the valleys. He moved away and forgot his valley roots.
    Eh? They don't come much more valley than me

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I was expecting this answer. Nothing at all addressed, an insult towards me and a boast about how smart you are.

Let me ask another question which you also won't answer in a haughty way.

Politician careers at the top often only last a few years. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to receive kickbacks from the existing giants, oil and gas? Why would they embark on a decades long campaign on behalf of an industry that doesn't make money?

It makes no sense because you are, yet again, talking total nonsense. But you like people replying to you, so here we are.
    I think you were the one being rude. Matters not. This thing about " why would they ...." shifts the onus onto the one who questions a suspicious act and it's a very old concept.

All I'm inviting you to do is look carefully into the thing yourself rather than listen to the climate changers OR me.
    Make your own mind up on the facts rather than arguments and persuasion. Honestly I cant start arguing the toss with every person who's fallen for if because there are millions of them and most have a big element of "faith " in their reasoning.

This WILL be revealed in due course as bloody nonsense just like changing lead into gold, sailing off the edge of the world or 1930s racial purity "science" but that'll have to be a gradual process. It's not possible for me or anyone else without access to censoring news channels, "education " systems to convert the deluded masses one by one is it?
    It's a state of mind/ pseudo religious belief and if it's wrong you can only come gradually to that by applying your own mind and testing the REAL science for yourself.

I hope you do but with respect all I can do is suggest you question what you've been told rather than get involved in a long running detailed debate with millions of mistaken people one by one.

First Team

I think you were the one being rude. Matters not. This thing about " why would they ...." shifts the onus onto the one who questions a suspicious act and it's a very old concept.

All I'm inviting you to do is look carefully into the thing yourself rather than listen to the climate changers OR me.
    Make your own mind up on the facts rather than arguments and persuasion. Honestly I cant start arguing the toss with every person who's fallen for if because there are millions of them and most have a big element of "faith " in their reasoning.

This WILL be revealed in due course as bloody nonsense just like changing lead into gold, sailing off the edge of the world or 1930s racial purity "science" but that'll have to be a gradual process. It's not possible for me or anyone else without access to censoring news channels, "education " systems to convert the deluded masses one by one is it?
    It's a state of mind/ pseudo religious belief and if it's wrong you can only come gradually to that by applying your own mind and testing the REAL science for yourself.

I hope you do but with respect all I can do is suggest you question what you've been told rather than get involved in a long running detailed debate with millions of mistaken people one by one.
    Please shut up, you’re looking foolish.

You really have no idea what you’re talking about.

Climate change is science fact. You have a right to your own opinions but not your own facts.

n/a

So you answer a post that begins "I was expecting this answer. Nothing at all addressed, an insult towards me and a boast about how smart you are." with more of the same - i.e. something that boils down to I'm cleverer than you and I'm right and you're wrong.

How to not win friends and influence people springs to mind for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So you answer a post that begins "I was expecting this answer. Nothing at all addressed, an insult towards me and a boast about how smart you are." with more of the same - i.e. something that boils down to I'm cleverer than you and I'm right and you're wrong.

This is at the heart of the matter for many conspiracy theorists*, a desire of some sort to appear intelligent by apparently knowing something most others don't.

The question they really need to ask themselves is how likely is it that I have discovered a truth just from sitting at home on my computer that billions of people, some more educated and hard working than me, haven't?

*"Climate change is made up so politicians can get rich" is a classic example of a conspiracy theory

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Why do you think I want to do that ?

Could you post some links to this TRUE, REAL science you talk about so that we, the deluded masses, can all read about it please.
    In the meantime I'm off to watch that documentary Capricorn One.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Could you post some links to this TRUE, REAL science you talk about so that we, the deluded masses, can all read about it please.
    In the meantime I'm off to watch that documentary Capricorn One.
    Here's one prediction that I'm sure I'll get right this weekend.

Ronnie won't be able to do this.

Why do you think I want to do that ?
    It's not what you want, it's what you're doing - let's face it, it doesn't look like anyone is being won over by your "arguments" does it.

I dont know why some of you are bothering. Your arguing with someone who thinks a 23 year old who we have and has been on loan is a journeyman footballer😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm looking forward to selling my valleys house and advertising it as having "sea views".
    We've been able to across the Bristol Channel for years from my sister's house on the mountainside above Risca.
    Maybe in a few years she'll be able to see across the Risca Bay.

If anyone wants to play 'Interactive: Climate time machine'; from NASA it's here: and seriously, this stuff is brilliant.

Just click on the graphic and will open into an interactive which allows you to slide across various measurements. I recommend the sea level one as a start. https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_res...-time-machine/

There is lots of cool (yet terrifying) stuff from NASA also linked on that page.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This is at the heart of the matter for many conspiracy theorists*, a desire of some sort to appear intelligent by apparently knowing something most others don't.

The question they really need to ask themselves is how likely is it that I have discovered a truth just from sitting at home on my computer that billions of people, some more educated and hard working than me, haven't?

*"Climate change is made up so politicians can get rich" is a classic example of a conspiracy theory
    Absolutely. And they somehow think that the Russians, the Chinese, the Americans and all the major countries around the world (and of very different political leanings) are able to conspire together. In a junior capacity I have attended many intergovernmental meetings and the representatives of some countries refuse to communicate between themselves. In the first meeting I ever attended I was placed in a position around the table away from the UK delegates and inbetween the government officials of two such countries merely to keep them apart.

I love the "do your own research" crowd.

No, I did Journalism as a degree and that was 20 odd years ago. I now do a job that's nothing to do with science in any way shape or form so I'm not going to "do my own research" (reading some websites and watching youtube videos)- I'm going to let the people who've dedicated their lives to the study of climate change continue to do the *actual* research, and if the overwhelming majority of them agree that the research shows the same thing I'm going to believe them. The arrogance to do otherwise is astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

No, I did Journalism as a degree and that was 20 odd years ago. I now do a job that's nothing to do with science in any way shape or form so I'm not going to "do my own research" (reading some websites and watching youtube videos)- I'm going to let the people who've dedicated their lives to the study of climate change continue to do the *actual* research, and if the overwhelming majority of them agree that the research shows the same thing I'm going to believe them. The arrogance to do otherwise is astounding.
    I liked that he used examples of incorrect science from 100 years ago, 800 years ago and 2,000 years ago.

Alchemy, eh? They were wrong about that!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Electric cars, electric heating...the whole country is going electric. But we only just got through the last winter, with a number of 'very close' incidents, where demand exceeded supply - we were literally minutes away from major power cuts. We're going to need at least a dozen new power stations, running on.... Er, what, exactly?
    Interesting, where was this reported?