+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Target for no-one in Wales to use a gas boiler after 2030, climate change minister says

Re: Target for no-one in Wales to use a gas boiler after 2030, climate change minister says

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    “I can’t teach you anything,I can just ask you to think” -Socrates ( not the footballer , just another one if these stupid teenage types like your nephews I expect).
    More people in the world say Mathematic as opposed to what you say I’m afraid, but I’m sure you know what it means and maybe you should consider that some people might develop their knowledge of that subject beyond a brief acquaintance with it in their first school. Actually, I’m old enough that some of the teachers in my Grammar School insisted that the word “shown” was spelled “shewn”,and would smack you on the head for using the word “nice” to mean anything except “exact”, but I’ve probably moved on a bit since then.

I spoke very differently then too and thought London was a long way. I’d not yet spoken with three US Presidents and two British P.Ms, obtained a doctorate from Oxford or lots of other stuff which wasn’t centred in Tonypandy. Thus I’m a different person now in many ways and I’m terribly sorry if you don’t like that.

Hey, I’ve read your football blog, so it’s odd to hear you accusing me of verbosity or ineffective use of language,but again that’s okay.

No, I’m not going to try and have a technical or philosophical debate with SOME people here ( not you ), who don’t know the difference between a simile and a banjo and think the Magna Carta is a kind of ice cream bar but I’ve tried to tempt them into thinking about stuff a bit. Can’t do more I’m afraid.

You obviously don’t like any of this stuff or the fact that not everyone is quite like you. Not my fault I’m sorry and I honestly think that’s your prejudice not mine. Bottom line is that this is why it’s naive of me to attempt certain conversations here and that’s entirely my fault because I should have learned to accept that years ago.

Trouble is you see that if no one had ever drawn me into the wonderful possibilities of this huge world then I’d definitely still be in the same limited and localised mindset, and so I’ll risk upsetting people as long as there are those who’ll use the lifeline.
    Again, although your superiority complex shines through, it’s just plenty of words, with
    nothing said. If you’ve really met all of those Presidents and Prime Ministers, you’d have hoped they’d passed more on to you than a right wing check list, so you can all say exactly the same things.

Re: Target for no-one in Wales to use a gas boiler after 2030, climate change minister says

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The word 'nice' has had the meaning of pleasant for the last 250 years and it originally meant ignorant in the 13th century. It meant precise for a period in the 16th century so maybe your Grammar School teacher was rather out of touch.

No doubt he was Taunton. That was somewhat the point.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Nevermind that, we all need to get out in our gardens and dig, dig trenches 3 metres deep and as long as possible to put pipes in to source the heat we all need. So forget the bar you built, the new patio or decking, up it comes, get digging. You just need a small room then to house the components needed to sort that heat to run your your house….and about 10/20 grand. It’s no problem Shirley?
    Come on, get digging we’ve got 8 yrs….to save mankind
    New build housing site up Tonyrefail has no gas, heat comes from holes dug underground and they have electric car charging ports on every drive.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    An arbitrary date with no appreciation of the complexities of the changes, time to reskill etc

Definitely can see 2030 new homes being fitted with no gas boilers but retrospective changes are pie in the sky
    There's one up Tonyrefail already

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t mind Ronnie asking people to do their research on this topic since I wrote my thesis on climate change and the changing energy needs of the U.K.

Conclusion - he’s wrong and it’s real. Why anyone ever engages him is beyond me.
    Its quite funny and sad at the same time watching people get embroiled in these online wars.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    **** off. You are a weapons-grade moron.
    Don't engage. It's not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    There's one up Tonyrefail already
    Yes on a Parc Eirin. It’s definitely cost a lot more and to do that retrospectively would not be feasible for most homes

Same with spinkers which I think are totally pointless but depends what your priorities are.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Yes on a Parc Eirin. It’s definitely cost a lot more and to do that retrospectively would not be feasible for most homes

Same with spinkers which I think are totally pointless but depends what your priorities are.
    Loads of money wasted on that site.

Its quite funny and sad at the same time watching people get embroiled in these online wars.
    Irony

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Irony
    I have actively been trying not to get myself involved recently

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Again, although your superiority complex shines through, it’s just plenty of words, with
    nothing said. If you’ve really met all of those Presidents and Prime Ministers, you’d have hoped they’d passed more on to you than a right wing check list, so you can all say exactly the same things.

Hey, you know you’re a nice genuine man and thinking about it I’m truly sorry that I went for you a bit there.
    You’re not thick, rude or nasty yet I fired at you instead of the self indulgently ignorant drongos who think nuclear fission is something out of American comics and are so very rude as a matter of course.

I’m an arse for that and I hope you’ll accept my sincere apology.

I will just mention that whilst you’re not the first to do this, you’ve somehow deduced quite wrongly that I’m “ right wing” - don’t think I’ve ever actually said anything like that have I?

I have actively been trying not to get myself involved recently
    I can see that's going well

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I can see that's going well
    Had a mare today haven't I