+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peterborough and Cardiff charged by the FA

Peterborough and Cardiff charged by the FA

Peterborough United and Cardiff City have been charged by the Football Association for a melee during their 2-2 Championship draw on Tuesday.

A foul by Cardiff's Marlon Pack in the 43rd minute sparked a shoving match, with Pack and Bluebirds team-mate Aden Flint being booked.

The clubs allegedly failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.

Both Peterborough and Cardiff have until Monday to respond to the charge.

The game was goalless at the break, with Flint scoring two late goals to rescue Mick McCarthy's visitors a point from 2-0 down.

First Team

Re: Peterborough and Cardiff charged by the FA

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Peterborough United and Cardiff City have been charged by the Football Association for a melee during their 2-2 Championship draw on Tuesday.

A foul by Cardiff's Marlon Pack in the 43rd minute sparked a shoving match, with Pack and Bluebirds team-mate Aden Flint being booked.

The clubs allegedly failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.

The game was goalless at the break, with Flint scoring two late goals to rescue Mick McCarthy's visitors a point from 2-0 down.
    As Lee Dixon says a lot on NBC, "game's gone". It was handbags (male or female) at ten paces.

Charged with what? Acting out a playground spat.

A foul on Cardiff's Marlon Pack in the 43rd minute sparked a shoving match, with Pack and Bluebirds team-mate Aden Flint being booked by the inept referee who had got another major decision wrong.

Statement amended for accuracy.

That should say "a foul inflicted on Marlon Pack".....followed by a load of play acting by the aggressor that connned a ref, not experienced at this level, into booking Pack. Ref missed a terrible studs in first assault on KM, too. That should have been a red.

H
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Statement amended for accuracy.
    Exactly, this should be a three way enquiry, with the ref explaining his actions which led to the melee.

Jesus it was just a ruck

Far better the FA censured the ref regarding his duty of care to the players on the pitch. At the minimum two Peterborough players (for fouls on Pack & Moore) should have been given red cards. The first case was added to by the home player, who had committed an awful challenge, then lying motionless on the pitch for ages pretending to be the sinned party.

StT.
    <><

Christmas parties back this year

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Far better the FA censured the ref regarding his duty of care to the players on the pitch. At the minimum two Peterborough players (for fouls on Pack & Moore) should have been given red cards. The first case was added to by the home player, who had committed an awful challenge, then lying motionless on the pitch for ages pretending to be the sinned party.

StT.
    <><
    Aden Flint should be praised for his self restraint after the foul on Pack.

The local Peterborough press have changed their tune on the incident. Their report on the FA charge now says:

The flashpoint started when Nathan Thompson miscontrolled a pass in the centre of the pitch and flew into a tackle on Cardiff’s Marlon Pack.

The Cardiff players took issue with the challenge and from there the melee grew to include almost all 22 players on the pitch.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...-melee-3352955

We'll get a telling off, that's all. It's not like we're always causing trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The local Peterborough press have changed their tune on the incident. Their report on the FA charge now says:

The flashpoint started when Nathan Thompson miscontrolled a pass in the centre of the pitch and flew into a tackle on Cardiff’s Marlon Pack.

The Cardiff players took issue with the challenge and from there the melee grew to include almost all 22 players on the pitch.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...-melee-3352955
    Which is accurate.

But I think if the ref had booked the Peterborough player and awarded a free kick to city, which would have been the correct decision, the incident wouldn't have escalated.

So one could argue it was the ineptness and uselessness of the referee which resulted in players over reacting. I wonder if he will be charged for bringing the game into disrepute.

You can hardly blame the players when the referee was the architect of the problem.

And THAT is exactly what city should put in their response to the FA.

StT.
    <><
    I'm surprised more people haven't raised the Moore incident. I thought it was disgusting and a straight red. He missed the ball and went over the top of Moore's foot. Perhaps because he managed to drag the ball under control immediately after the foul it managed to hoodwink the ref... But again, if that's the case the ref was completely inept because winning the ball or not, going over someone like with with your studs is a foul.

Somewhat surprised Peterborough weren't also charged with failing to control a member of staff. Portly bloke in a black Peterborough tracksuit who looked to either be an academy coach or ball boy manager (with some young lads also in Peterborough tracksuits) began goading the away end at the end which did attract the attention of our players. Very random as he didn't seem to be part of their official coaching staff, but still an employee of the host club giving it billy big bollocks to an away end. Very unprofessional, anyone else see this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Somewhat surprised Peterborough weren't also charged with failing to control a member of staff. Portly bloke in a black Peterborough tracksuit who looked to either be an academy coach or ball boy manager (with some young lads also in Peterborough tracksuits) began goading the away end at the end which did attract the attention of our players. Very random as he didn't seem to be part of their official coaching staff, but still an employee of the host club giving it billy big bollocks to an away end. Very unprofessional, anyone else see this happen?
    No I didn't see that but during and since the game, the behaviour of some of their players and media have been awful. I really hope they suffer this season and go down. I think they are too good to go down but I would love it. Showing themselves to be a horrible vile little club... And it's funny because I never gave them a second thought before Tuesday.

If the FA thoroughly reviewed that game then the ref would never ref in the Championship again. Apparently it was only his 3rd game at Championship level. It showed. He had no control of the game whatsoever and was getting bullied by both sets of players.

Their centre back was out of control on a few challenges, not just the Pack one, but then so was Mozza for stamping on Clarke-Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I'm surprised more people haven't raised the Moore incident. I thought it was disgusting and a straight red. He missed the ball and went over the top of Moore's foot. Perhaps because he managed to drag the ball under control immediately after the foul it managed to hoodwink the ref... But again, if that's the case the ref was completely inept because winning the ball or not, going over someone like with with your studs is a foul.
    I can never get over the number of TV and Radio commentators and pundits who still say 'never a foul 'e got the ball!' - it's irrelevant according to the laws. That was a reckless challenge and the ref. should be disciplined for his performance.

No I didn't see that but during and since the game, the behaviour of some of their players and media have been awful. I really hope they suffer this season and go down. I think they are too good to go down but I would love it. Showing themselves to be a horrible vile little club... And it's funny because I never gave them a second thought before Tuesday.
    They've never been on my radar much either but you're right, they've come across very poorly. The incident that Der Kaiser described is well out of order and dangerous. It does mean that when they play us at CCS it'll add some spice to the atmosphere though.

StT.
    <><
    100% this

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Aden Flint should be praised for his self restraint after the foul on Pack.
    peterboroughvcity4.jpg

Was it because we were pretty in pink?

I think Cardiff have a reasonable defence here but bet the FA find them guilty and ignore the fact the ref got the decision hopelessly wrong which exasperated the situation

International

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I think Cardiff have a reasonable defence here but bet the FA find them guilty and ignore the fact the ref got the decision hopelessly wrong which exasperated the situation
    exacerbated? Just saying.

It was an awful challenge. I've refereed in the past and God knows I didn't get everything right (and it's obviously 100x tougher at that level) but f*ck me some of it was so obvious! The challenge on Moore was horrendous!

Was that the one the commentator mentioned what would ampadu think..