+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 MILLWALL.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MILLWALL. Match thread

Good win that. Done them time and again on set pieces and rode out a rough patch that saw Millwall hit the bar at 2-1.

Scrappy game at times but I'm just glad to beat Millwall after I don't know how many draws.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Need a footballer in the back, agree on the left footer on the left as well. Are there many decent ones at our level?
    Unless we develop brown I can’t see us signing anyone. Just would give us more balance. Morrison is like a fish out of water as soon as he strays from a central position

You aren't wrong FL, perhaps better teams will look to exploit things like that.

All 8 league goals so far this season have been headers. Comedy gold. Big Mick must be elated having inherited the likes of Moore, Flint and Morrison. All he had to do was find someone who could cross the ball. Giles was available, job done.

Unless injuries play a part, it will be a great surprise to me if City can’t bludgeon their way into the playoffs.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 MILLWALL.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    All 8 league goals so far this season have been headers. Comedy gold. Big Mick must be elated having inherited the likes of Moore, Flint and Morrison. All he had to do was find someone who could cross the ball. Giles was available, job done.

Unless injuries play a part, it will be a great surprise to me if City can’t bludgeon their way into the playoffs.
    just got back and pretty much agree with that .wasn't pretty but effective

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I think we've got a chance of playoffs, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if we don't. we are a limited side and there will be teams out there who will cause us a lot of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    5th in the league with a chance to go 1st next week.
    :
    That shouldn't be too difficult. The worzels look extremely poor last night. Famous last words, I know...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ace-hosts.html

Interesting to see what the Mail Online has decided to lead with. They surprise me now and again. Like when they decided to become the Fleet Street champions of the Stephen Lawrence campaign. Highlights the ugly position Millwall and Rowett have taken on anti-racist protests. Otherwise the Mail Online is reliably a right wing, little Engerland, Tory rag. Decent match report, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    just got back and pretty much agree with that .wasn't pretty but effective
    It'll hold while we win games. Same as the promotion season when Warnock team got off to a flier and then kept plugging away.. People seem to accept shit football if we win because winning is all that matters, I'd rather we played a little better, and before the usual suspects trot out their usual lines about tippy tsppy football, I'm not suggesting we over pass the ball, but I'd like to see us a lot more comfortable on the ball and not panic hoof so much, wing play is fine but some games it's all we do and sometimes it's obvious, would be nice to switch it up and get the ball passed about in midfield, the odd tomlinesque through ball and late runs into the box by midfielders.

I agree what we do *can* be effective but it can also be a bit of a slog.

I'm also not arsed that I goals have been headers. It's nice to see us cross the ball and utilise strengths we have in the pitch. Hardnto swap pack or Ralls but I'd like to see a bit more of Wintle, we won't though because he would need time to get up to speed and I don't think we can afford that, a braver team might take the risk.

Just got back. WTF did I just see? The first half from hell, Flint score another 2 and a monk in The Canton Stand (who was also outside Tesco Express after the game)!

+ We were able to give 64 minutes to Harris and Colwill
    + Were able to give 90 minutes to Sang and Bagan
    + Kieffer got his first 90 minutes this season
    + Won the game with 30 minutes of Flint, Pack, Giles and Morrison

I'm happy enough with that

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Interesting to see what the Mail Online has decided to lead with. They surprise me now and again. Like when they decided to become the Fleet Street champions of the Stephen Lawrence campaign. Highlights the ugly position Millwall and Rowett have taken on anti-racist protests. Otherwise the Mail Online is reliably a right wing, little Engerland, Tory rag. Decent match report, though.
    There were plenty of our lot booing too and yes, I hate to say it, a decent match report.

Interesting to see an online media source where news section (happier pushing racism), sports section (supporting anti-racism message) and comments section (their readers definitely back Millwall on this) has such different stances on the same issue.

I'm glad they recognised Nelson having a good game though. That was another positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Feck me, we've got a 20 goal a season centre back!!
    Aden Flint's on fire; your defence is terrified!

I thought our lot were booing the booing

As for Flint I would rather him nod them in for us than someone else

Its not pretty but that's the hand we have

Bluebirds

I laughed at another 3 headed goals.

However its a great skill in delivery and execution to score.

Dont know why its comedy gold executing what we are really good at.

The game changed when we brought Bacuna and Giles on. Colwill and Harris were pretty ineffectual today. Bagan had a bit of a stinker in the first half as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I laughed at another 3 headed goals.

However its a great skill in delivery and execution to score.

I love a good headed goal . The sealer at Blackpool was fantastic .

If you have a clapped out astra you don't hoover and clean it every week do you ?

There was a brief period right at the start of the game when we had possession and were passing the ball around on the floor. A bloke in the row behind me stood up and started heckling our players: "Get the ball forward, for ****'s sake." I think they must have heard him.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    + We were able to give 64 minutes to Harris and Colwill
    + Were able to give 90 minutes to Sang and Bagan
    + Kieffer got his first 90 minutes this season
    + Won the game with 30 minutes of Flint, Pack, Giles and Morrison

I'm happy enough with that
    Some good plus points.

Aprt from this
    The home side moved the ball too slowly in their build up play, while Fulham were lightening on the break

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The game changed when we brought Bacuna and Giles on. Colwill and Harris were pretty ineffectual today. Bagan had a bit of a stinker in the first half as well.
    I thought they were the only ones to actually try and play football. The rest were stuck in the knock it into the corners , or hit it up to Keiffer and hope he wins it , controls it, sets something up all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I thought they were the only ones to actually try and play football. The rest were stuck in the knock it into the corners , or hit it up to Keiffer and hope he wins it , controls it, sets something up all at the same time.
    Got some nice touches the kids, comfortable on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The comedy gold is that McCarthy and Co will need to do next to nothing more to get themselves into the playoffs this season given the way the Championship is set up. I bet Big Mick can’t believe his luck.