+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 MILLWALL.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 MILLWALL.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I thought our lot were booing the booing

As for Flint I would rather him nod them in for us than someone else

Its not pretty but that's the hand we have

Bluebirds
    It's another Booer War

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Just got back. WTF did I just see? The first half from hell, Flint score another 2 and a monk in The Canton Stand (who was also outside Tesco Express after the game)!
    The monk was Parker trying to get all things bright and beautiful going.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Interesting to see an online media source where news section (happier pushing racism), sports section (supporting anti-racism message) and comments section (their readers definitely back Millwall on this) has such different stances on the same issue.

I'm glad they recognised Nelson having a good game though. That was another positive.
    I didn’t notice that Millwall didn’t kneel. I am not surprised at all that they booed. Looks like the players have to go along with their base, in this case racists, but if I was a black player I’d want out.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Got some nice touches the kids, comfortable on the ball.
    I though Colwill showed a few glimpses of why he's highly rated, but we need to be quicker at getting the ball to players in good positions. There was an instance in the second half where Colwill was calling for the ball off Ralls for a good 5 seconds before Ralls realised he was in a good position and in plenty of space

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I though Colwill showed a few glimpses of why he's highly rated, but we need to be quicker at getting the ball to players in good positions. There was an instance in the second half where Colwill was calling for the ball off Ralls for a good 5 seconds before Ralls realised he was in a good position and in plenty of space
    Ralls is slow motion in possession though, i don't think that he can do anything quickly.

Phillips 6/10
    Morrison 6/10
    Flint 8/10
    Nelson 6/10
    Sang 5/10
    Pack 8/10 MOM
    Ralls 6/10
    Bagan 6/10
    Colwill 5/10
    Moore 6/10 not protected
    Harris 5/10

Bacuna 6/10
    Collins not enough time
    Giles 8/10

Manager 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yeah I agree, and that seems to happen quite a bit, Bacuna went for a spectacular forward pass a big diagonal ball, when there was a pass on out wide over the other side of the pitch that was open and easier, that player could have then hit it up the line.. 2 passes instead of 1. I just don't think a lot of out players have the composure to take a split second and look, they just see and hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It's another Booer War
    Crafty

ratings from whoscored
    no idea how they arrive at them though

IMG_20210821_205612.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    ratings from whoscored
    no idea how they arrive at them though

IMG_20210821_205612.jpg
    It won't be popular on here, but I think that Bagan, Colwill, and Harris being the three least effective outfield players in the starting XI is pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It won't be popular on here, but I think that Bagan, Colwill, and Harris being the three least effective outfield players in the starting XI is pretty accurate.
    I tend to agree. A strange game to throw colwill and Harris in from the start, given the expected attritional nature of it ?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    they're in the side to develop and improve. we shouldn't be expecting them to be the spine of the side yet.
    they don't look out of place though, despite still finding their feet at this level.

Flint even scored Millwall's goal. Came off a deflection off his heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ralls is slow motion in possession though, i don't think that he can do anything quickly.
    He's so frustrating at times! When a ball bounces to him at around chest-hight, instead of bringing it down and looking to play it on the floor, he'll just try and hook it upfield.. anywhere.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MILLWALL. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Don’t think Ralls counts as a graduate.

He was bought in wasn’t he
    Ralls had a season or two playing for the Academy, Tom Sang has never played for them, so it's four in the team, not five.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ace-hosts.html

Interesting to see what the Mail Online has decided to lead with. They surprise me now and again. Like when they decided to become the Fleet Street champions of the Stephen Lawrence campaign. Highlights the ugly position Millwall and Rowett have taken on anti-racist protests. Otherwise the Mail Online is reliably a right wing, little Engerland, Tory rag. Decent match report, though.
    I see he says we were playing Fulham at one time, but that apart, it was a fair report. I couldn't believe Rowett's mealy mouthed words basically exonerating those among Millwall's support that boo taking the knee ( must admit there was some booing from one or two City fans round by me though) - nobody has come even remotely close to explaining to me why just letting players get on with making the gesture if they want to me and Rowett got himself into a right mess trying to do so.

I see he gave Tom Sang man of the match - he was usually close by on the rare occasions when some football broke out.

That win yesterday means that City & Millwall have a 50/50 record against each other.

The fixture has been played 71 times.

Each has 21 wins and drawn 29 times.

I don’t know how WhoScored comes up with their ratings either but I find myself agreeing with them more often than not over the last few years.

I don’t think Harris and Colwill did much at all. But I’m still happy they’re a part of the team and not the customary look-we-have-academy-players-on-the-bench.

Amazing how defenders scoring goals boosts their grading so much. Morrison and Flint were worse than Nelson at their primary task and gave up enough chances to Millwall to make it 2-2 and yet...

Amazing how defenders scoring goals boosts their grading so much. Morrison and Flint were worse than Nelson at their primary task and gave up enough chances to Millwall to make it 2-2 and yet...
    well if they didn't score the goals then we would have definitely lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    well if they didn't score the goals then we would have definitely lost.
    But boosted to a 9/10 on Walesonline and 10/10 on Whoscored for Flint?!?

How high would ratings go if Flint scored twice and we deserved to keep a clean sheet? Are we looking at a 12/10 on Whoscored?

For me:

Flint's all round play 6/10 plus an extra point for each goal is 8/10.
    Morrison's all round play was 6/10 plus extra point for goal is 7/10.
    Nelson's all round play was 7/10.

But boosted to a 9/10 on Walesonline and 10/10 on Whoscored for Flint?!?

How high would ratings go if Flint scored twice and we deserved to keep a clean sheet? Are we looking at a 12/10 on Whoscored?

For me:

Flint's all round play 6/10 plus an extra point for each goal is 8/10.
    Morrison's all round play was 6/10 plus extra point for goal is 7/10.
    Nelson's all round play was 7/10.
    what would you give a striker who did very little then scored 2 goals to win the game?
    flint and Morrison also did plenty of defending

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    He's so frustrating at times! When a ball bounces to him at around chest-hight, instead of bringing it down and looking to play it on the floor, he'll just try and hook it upfield.. anywhere.
    Mentioned this in the Barnsley match thread.

Tom sang "someone said you get a fine if you score with your feet"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS3xJP0I...dium=copy_link