+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why do Tories ALWAYS lie?

Why do Tories ALWAYS lie?

Another absolute corker today

https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/statu...468665345?s=21

He’s opening a cancer ward at an existing hospital not a new hospital.

Why lie?

Re: Why do Tories ALWAYS lie?

Why does society lie

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Why does society lie
    Any comments on this Torys lies? Why do it, it’s absolutely embarrassing. Should be sacked for blatantly lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Any comments on this Torys lies? Why do it, it’s absolutely embarrassing. Should be sacked for blatantly lying.
    They are part of the ( society ) I am referring too ?

Another absolute corker today

https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/statu...468665345?s=21

He’s opening a cancer ward at an existing hospital not a new hospital.

Why lie?

It is on The Cumberland Infirmary site but it is not a ward at that Hospital

Here is the information on the wards at the Cumberland Infirmary

https://www.ncic.nhs.uk/locations/cu...visiting-times

The Northern Centre for Cancer Care, North Cumbria is actually a partnership between The North Cumbria Integrated Trust (NCIC) and the Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals Trust, but it is actually on the Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals Trust in its Hospitals section

https://www.newcastle-hospitals.nhs.uk/hospitals/

Can anyone produced a politician lying list from the last 20 years please, I'm sure there will a cross party mix f denials in the first instance from drug taking ,driving with no license with jail time attached ,falsely claiming expenses ,fraud, harassment, drugs, going to war under false pretense . Etc etc

They can't help themselves, it's what they have been brought up to think it is normal and acceptable. The trouble with this lot is that they are so brazen about it and don't care that we know that they are lying. They hold us in contempt.

It's their go-to tactic, same as Trump and other right wing leaders. Enough idiots on social media / reading the Express/Mail etc will believe it, and if anyone does challenge them they'll either ignore it or tell another lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    It's their go-to tactic, same as Trump and other right wing leaders. Enough idiots on social media / reading the Express/Mail etc will believe it, and if anyone does challenge them they'll either ignore it or tell another lie.
    So do you agree with Ninian Opinion that Sajid Javid was simply opening a ward at at existing hospital?

Or did you see my post where I pointed out that the new centre ( Northern Centre for Cancer Care North Cumbria) is actually NOT a part of the Cumberland Royal Infirmary but is down as a hospital on the Newcastle upon Tyne Hospital Trust website??.

I will admit that I am trying to find out any standard for what is a hospital rather than a Medical Centre, but this centre is plainly more than just a ward at an existing hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Can anyone produced a politician lying list from the last 20 years please, I'm sure there will a cross party mix f denials in the first instance from drug taking ,driving with no license with jail time attached ,falsely claiming expenses ,fraud, harassment, drugs, going to war under false pretense . Etc etc

It would be a very long list.

Surprisingly it would contain many non Tories too.

Though it would certainly contain Boris Johnson!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    So do you agree with Ninian Opinion that Sajid Javid was simply opening a ward at at existing hospital?

Or did you see my post where I pointed out that the new centre ( Northern Centre for Cancer Care North Cumbria) is actually NOT a part of the Cumberland Royal Infirmary but is down as a hospital on the Newcastle upon Tyne Hospital Trust website??.

I will admit that I am trying to find out any standard for what is a hospital rather than a Medical Centre, but this centre is plainly more than just a ward at an existing hospital.
    My point was more of a general one than specific to Javid's tweet, but, he was opening a new facility that's on the Cumberland Infirmary site, replacing a building that was previously part of the Infirmary before it was demolished. It can be labelled a hospital, but it's part of an existing hospital in reality.
    It was also commissioned years before the 2019 election, so claiming that you're opening "one of new 48 hospitals" is disingenuous at best.
    I'm sure it's a great facility, but I'm also sure it's not what most people had in mind from the 40 (now 48) new hospitals pledge.

Since I can't see what it says I can't comment. I will try and find it on the net. But just because an article is in the Guardian doesn't make it correct.

You never responded to my reply to your original post mind. I'm sure it can't be because you agree with me!

At least some politicians have guts:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-55101831

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    At least some politicians have guts:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-55101831
    That sort of behaviour would bring politics back to the ordinary people in the UK ,and get pull them away from watching Love Island.

Since I can't see what it says I can't comment. I will try and find it on the net. But just because an article is in the Guardian doesn't make it correct.

You never responded to my reply to your original post mind. I'm sure it can't be because you agree with me!
    There you go some more evidence for you. Lies and lies and lies

https://twitter.com/davewwest/status...104368128?s=21

There you go some more evidence for you. Lies and lies and lies

https://twitter.com/davewwest/status...104368128?s=21
    I haven't been well today, but was going to post this link from Tuesday which I found earlier

https://www.itv.com/news/border/2021...isle-statement

Specifically it say the following (which is mentioned in that twitter link of yours from Dave West the Deputy Editor of the Health Service Journal who says it was leaked to him. Hardly, since it was in the public domain on the website of one of the major news providers in the country a full two days before he 'revealed' it to the world!!)

'When contacted by ITV Border about the questioning of the statement, a Department for Health and Social Care spokesperson said:

“We have always been clear that the scale and size of each new hospital will vary depending on what is required for each local area.

“In some cases, that will be whole new hospitals on a new site, and in other cases, a new hospital on an existing site with dedicated facilities for particular conditions, such as cancer.”

The Government defines a new hospital in three ways. These are a whole new hospital site which meets a single service or "consolidation of services", a new clinical building or new wing on a current site (Dave West adds here the phrase 'provided it contains a whole clinical service such as maternity or childrens services' ) or a major refurbishment or alteration of "all but the building frame or main structure" which will extend the life of that building.'

The bit in bold is what covers the Cancer Unit in question. It does provide a whole clinical service and as I pointed out in my first post in this thread it is down in the Newcastle on Tyne Hospitals website in the Hospital section. I add that link again here

I am sure there will be different views on the Department of Health and Social Care Departments definition of a hospital ( and it would be interesting to know how long this definition has existed) but it is abundantly clear that this Medical Centre is not simply a ward at at existing hospital as you said initially

I haven't been well today, but was going to post this link from Tuesday which I found earlier

https://www.itv.com/news/border/2021...isle-statement

Specifically it say the following (which is mentioned in that twitter link of yours from Dave West the Deputy Editor of the Health Service Journal who says it was leaked to him. Hardly, since it was in the public domain on the website of one of the major news providers in the country a full two days before he 'revealed' it to the world!!)

'When contacted by ITV Border about the questioning of the statement, a Department for Health and Social Care spokesperson said:

“We have always been clear that the scale and size of each new hospital will vary depending on what is required for each local area.

“In some cases, that will be whole new hospitals on a new site, and in other cases, a new hospital on an existing site with dedicated facilities for particular conditions, such as cancer.”

The Government defines a new hospital in three ways. These are a whole new hospital site which meets a single service or "consolidation of services", a new clinical building or new wing on a current site (Dave West adds here the phrase 'provided it contains a whole clinical service such as maternity or childrens services' ) or a major refurbishment or alteration of "all but the building frame or main structure" which will extend the life of that building.'

The bit in bold is what covers the Cancer Unit in question. It does provide a whole clinical service and as I pointed out in my first post in this thread it is down in the Newcastle on Tyne Hospitals website in the Hospital section. I add that link again here

I am sure there will be different views on the Department of Health and Social Care Departments definition of a hospital ( and it would be interesting to know how long this definition has existed) but it is abundantly clear that this Medical Centre is not simply a ward at at existing hospital as you said initially
    Hope you are feeling better.

Still doesn’t change my mind. The worst government at the worst time.

Hope you are feeling better.

Still doesn’t change my mind. The worst government at the worst time.
    Yes thank you.

Didn't expect it would make you change your mind.

And this government has not done some things well. I just disagreed with the spin Labour politicians were putting on this subject. You would obviously argue the other way, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Whether this is the worst government at the wrong time is probably the judgement of history.

In a wider context. This Government has of course does a lot of things wrong, but successive governments of all persuasions have I think made wrong decisions or " kicked the can down the road".

Unfortunately in some ways ( for example pandemic preparedness, social care, the 20 years in Afghanistan) the can has reached the end of the road and this lot have to sort the mess they and others have made out.

Still it it nice to have a decent discussion without the usual insults being thrown.

Feedback

there are weapons of mass destruction

Because it works