+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 40 week pregnant wife-match tomorrow

Re: 40 week pregnant wife-match tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    My missus wanted her mother with her when she gave birth, she said that i would get bored and do her head in. Her words, not mine.
    My missus likes to remind me that I spent most of the time watching football on tv during labour for our first.

So Zowhore

Has she had the baby?????

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    My missus likes to remind me that I spent most of the time watching football on tv during labour for our first.
    It wasn't your fault that they had a TV in there

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    My missus reminds me that I fell asleep (twice) whilst she was trying to evacuate our first 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    So Zowhore

Has she had the baby?????
    No baby still, little bugger not interested in coming out!! and I didn’t go yesterday but did manage to cheer on the through a dodgy firestick!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    No baby still, little bugger not interested in coming out!! and I didn’t go yesterday but did manage to cheer on the through a dodgy firestick!
    My missus is a midwife, she's working today after annual leave.
    There's a sign for you

Good luck and crossed fingers for you pal 👍

So you missed the game for nothing! I did try and warn you.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    You never seem to hear those tannoy announcements any more.

They were quite regular back in the day at Ninian Park.
    Exactly my thoughts when I saw this thread. Neither do you hear the "would car registration number X please return to your car as you are parked across a drive" or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Are you allowed in now then? I've lost touch with all the covid rules.

Mate recently had his third kid and he wasn't allowed in, but I've got no clue if all that changed the other week..

If you aren't allowed to be in the room, it won't matter if you are called from outside the hospital to go in, or from inside the stadium 👍
    I'm sure you are. We had a baby at the start of the first lockdown when people.still took it seriously. I wasn't allowed into the unit until she reached some part of proper labour so she was in there on her own for most of a poirot box set in the car. But even after I got in, I was there for a good 7 hours before the birth and about 7 after, too. I got a right bollocking from a midwife because I left the unit to go get some fresh air for 20 mins when the baby was asleep because apparently once you leave you cannot re-enter.

Your options on Saturday were: Either witnessing the love of your life being involved in a painful but very rewarding experience - or not going to the game and staying with the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Your options on Saturday were: Either witnessing the love of your life being involved in a painful but very rewarding experience - or not going to the game and staying with the wife.
    Very good.

Whilst the experience of child-birth can be pretty grim (and ultimately cathartic), it's not as if you are talking about a particularly important fixture with a particularly attractive set of teams. As a footballing experience this probably doesn't rate very highly.

If you were doubting over watching Wales in a quarter final of the Euros........then I would probably understand....but....

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Very good.
    Question is....has little Aden/Adena made an appearance yet? Saturday is coming round quick and the moral dilemma will reappear.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Question is....has little Aden/Adena made an appearance yet? Saturday is coming round quick and the moral dilemma will reappear.
    Baby girl was born yesterday evening at 18:28, mother and baby doing great, she was 9lb6! Thank you all, see you on the 18th!

Baby girl was born yesterday evening at 18:28, mother and baby doing great, she was 9lb6! Thank you all, see you on the 18th!
    9lb 6oz!!!! Shame that everything in the club shop is too small for her Congratulations

Congratulations 👍

Stay by your wife's side and the possible birth of a beautiful new baby or watch City get clogged all over the pitch by Millwall. Easy choice , get your ass down the stadium.

Congratulations mate

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Stay by your wife's side and the possible birth of a beautiful new baby or watch City get clogged all over the pitch by bristol. Easy choice , get your ass down the stadium.
    fixed

Congrats!

Congratulations, great news.

Yes a hearty congratulations mate
    Give your wife a big kiss from me 🥳🤩🍺👍

I hope you made the sensible decision and didn't go today. Congratulations. Get the ear plugs handy!