+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ted Lasso,Welsh Independence

Ted Lasso,Welsh Independence

Welsh Independence gets a mention on the last episode (sn 2, ep 4). So does Wrexham and their new owners.

I don't know if anyone else is watching it but I find it charming and funny, despite its cheesy nature. Roy Kent makes me laugh because I played with so many players like him.

Re: Ted Lasso,Welsh Independence

There's little to zero plot and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Welsh Independence gets a mention on the last episode (sn 2, ep 4). So does Wrexham and their new owners.

I don't know if anyone else is watching it but I find it charming and funny, despite its cheesy nature. Roy Kent makes me laugh because I played with so many players like him.
    Me Mrs Citizen started watching the last series expecting it to be a cheesy American rubbish comedy and for us to last about 5 mins. We then binge watched the whole thing and was so disappointed when it finished.

Now we're saving the new series to watch because we both hate waiting a week!

I bloody love Ted Lasso and the whole cast. One of the best football series I've watched. The chess-playing Coach Beard, Roy Kent, obviously Ted himself but my favourite has been Keeley Jones (because I love Juno Temple). Great series.

I love it.
    Such a lovely, charming show.

Best light entertainment on telly, even if you're not that in to footy..

Absolutely love it

So glad I'm not the only one who likes it and I agree with all of the comments so far.

I was hugely sceptical.. but I love it.

So so charming.

And the football clips aren't bad either.. and the references to real life football people, teams and events is excellent.

The Christmas episode (S2, E3) is absolutely wonderful and I will definitely be digging that out again in December.

Is there anyway of watching it without an Apple TV subscription?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Is there anyway of watching it without an Apple TV subscription?
    Apps such as yourflix on the firestick.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Apps such as yourflix on the firestick.
    👍

I had to Google this, as I had no idea what you were all talking about. Shame it's not more widely available.

It sounded terrible on paper. That character basically stemmed from TV ads when NBC got the rights to EPL. But I thought it worked a treat. I too am waiting for the whole season to be available. As it's something you can watch in one evening. SPOILER ALERT. I've heard there's a season 3, so I'm not expecting them to get promoted this season.