+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 BRIGHTON. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BRIGHTON. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    1 down. What happened?
    Aparently they had 1 shot on target, and no-one got in the way.

Morrison gone off as a ‘precaution’.

Got to question why they would start all 3 of our starting centre backs if Denham was available on the bench.

Morrison off

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy17 View Post
    I fancy Cardiff tonight 2-1 with the injuries Brighton have.. bluebirds!!
    You got the Brighton goal right ,fingers crossed for our two 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Morrison off
    Well this is going swimmingly.

Mick won't be happy about that goal, too easy

First time Brighton have ever scored an away goal in a cup tie against us.

Live from the ground at half time: nippier than I thought it was going to be. Wish I hadn’t worn shorts. We look tiny and very young - apart from Flint. Loads of corners but didn’t capitalise. Red Sea opened up for goal. Young lads doing well. Wish we had some raw pace. Time for Josh to step up. Brighton in a very fetching mint strip. No decent coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Live from the ground at half time: nippier than I thought it was going to be. Wish I hadn’t worn shorts. We look tiny and very young - apart from Flint. Loads of corners but didn’t capitalise. Red Sea opened up for goal. Young lads doing well. Wish we had some raw pace. Time for Josh to step up. Brighton in a very fetching mint strip. No decent coffee.

Vaulks lucky not to get sent off before their second

Not sure there's much point in risking Keiffer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Not sure there's much point in risking Keiffer now.
    Maybe they’ve asked one of the Brighton boys to go through him and keep him out for a week, conveniently until the end of the window. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Maybe they’ve asked one of the Brighton boys to go through him and keep him out for a week, conveniently until the end of the window. Maybe.
    Just a dead leg or something.

Why not give Evans 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Why not give Evans 10 minutes.
    Logic would indicate that even if you could use more subs than the rules allow requiring poor officiating, then we'd be kicked out of the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    They could rest the centre halves by getting the strikers to score.
    Our inability to create and score goals from midfield or strikers is still worrying.
    Yes we are 6th after 4 games and I should be glad that goals come from anywhere but the fact that 5 games in and both Moore and Collins are yet to score, I think, demonstrates our low quality.
    Sides will begin to know our game and try to “snuffle” our free kicks and corners, thereby pushing us down the table.
    I would like to see where we are after 10-12 games

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Our inability to create and score goals from midfield or strikers is still worrying.
    Yes we are 6th after 4 games and I should be glad that goals come from anywhere but the fact that 5 games in and both Moore and Collins are yet to score, I think, demonstrates our low quality.
    Sides will begin to know our game and try to “snuffle” our free kicks and corners, thereby pushing us down the table.
    I would like to see where we are after 10-12 games
    I get your point, but Moore scored against Blackpool.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 BRIGHTON. Match thread

Didn't think it was a bad game. Nice to see Bowen and D’Almeida, who looked useful. Felt sorry for NG, shunted out of position again and struggled as a result at times. They had too much pace for us in the middle of the pitch but we could/should have scored towards the end. Idiot pitch invaders will hopefully get banned for life and could cost the club a lot of money. The one who was taking selfies with the players was a particular moron.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Didn't think it was a bad game. Nice to see Bowen and D’Almeida, who looked useful. Felt sorry for NG, shunted out of position again and struggled as a result at times. They had too much pace for us in the middle of the pitch but we could/should have scored towards the end. Idiot pitch invaders will hopefully get banned for life and could cost the club a lot of money. The one who was taking selfies with the players was a particular moron.
    Can’t argue with any of that. Pace is a big problem all over the park.

Will we get three fines for each idiot who ran on the pitch or one collective fine? The one actually took two selfies with City players, obviously, they’ll be banned but will the club be hit for lax stewarding? Although if a fan jumps over the barrier on a whim with no steward near, what’s to stop him?

I don't think 2 nil was a fair reflection of the game.
    Both goals came against the run of play.
    Yes the first goal exposed our lack of pace and 2nd was caused by Vaulks not doing the easy thing. ( he tries too hard at times)
    But I think we deserved a goal for our endeavours.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I don't think 2 nil was a fair reflection of the game.
    Both goals came against the run of play.
    Yes the first goal exposed our lack of pace and 2nd was caused by Vaulks not doing the easy thing. ( he tries too hard at times)
    But I think we deserved a goal for our endeavours.
    Tend to agree. We could and should have scored. It’s worrying that Brighton’s kids snuffed out our arial threat, that Collins doesn’t look like he can hit a bull with a banjo no yes I feel Vaulks is trying too hard and seems a very frustrated figure. The stewards’ display was lamentable.

Looks like we need a bit more pace in our team and our stewards.