+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 BRIGHTON. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 BRIGHTON. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Vaulks was at fault for both goals. Seems to have got the hump that he hasn’t been involved in the league. Not putting the graft in that he usually gives. Let’s be honest apart from long throw and running about he don’t give the team much - he certainly can’t pass the ball - so if he’s not going to put in the graft what does he offer?
    Vaulks hasn't started well in any of his seasons here. He didn't get a look-in under Warnock and he was poor last year when Harris was trying to get us to play more possession football.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Vaulks hasn't started well in any of his seasons here. He didn't get a look-in under Warnock and he was poor last year when Harris was trying to get us to play more possession football.
    To be fair he did well when Mick first come in and he had a spell under Harris where he was our best midfielder but he seems to have slipped down the pecking order and it wouldn’t surprise me if Bowen took his place on the bench. If form and performance are to be rewarded then that certainly should be the case. Bowen passing accuracy of 87.5% - in a competitive debut none the less- certainly gives us something Vaulks doesn’t give us.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I've spoken before about needing resources to change style of play quickly and Brighton having i) a fantastic youth set-up producing at the right time and ii) 18million to spend on player from Red Bull Salzburg is the best example of that.

I know TLG has said it was a very small crowd last night (and was against Sutton as well) but I think we've used this cup competition well this year. Slightly disappointing we had such a tough second round draw and couldn't give our youth more minutes with another fixture.
    Another fixture against the Jacks!! We always seem to miss out on a great fixture in the cup!