+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good result today but...

Good result today but...

Our style is awful. This has got to be one of the least talented championship teams we've had the last decade, HOOF.

Re: Good result today but...

It is what it is with the squad we have

I will take a top 6 finish over a relegation fight

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Our style is awful. This has got to be one of the least talented championship teams we've had the last decade, HOOF.
    Who cares if we win?

We need to just ensure Championship football for this season

Teams cannot afford to be relegated this season and I’m happy for hoofball to ensure that and let some of the youngsters come through

It’s only a problem when we don’t win - it is what it is at the moment.
    4 games and 8 points is all that matters tonight.
    It was winning football today and onto tougher challenges.
    We will not struggle this season.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    It’s only a problem when we don’t win - it is what it is at the moment.
    4 games and 8 points is all that matters tonight.
    It was winning football today and onto tougher challenges.
    We will not struggle this season.
    The thing for me is the impact it will have on the younger players who seem to have come through the academy playing a different game and this style will just drag them down

I thought Sang and Bagan were superb today but the game passed Harris and Colwill

That first 60 minutes was some of the most dire football I've seen down there for years.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Who cares if we win?
    I honestly hate this attitude. Obviously it's nicer winning, and the aim of the game IS to win, but why can't we enjoy the game in between?

I gave up 2 ST in the Premier league, I gave the tickets out to friends to take their kids, because my daughter refused to go, because Cardiff play awful football.

If we played something easier on the eye, maybe me and my daughter would have a lifelong hobbie watching the bluebirds.. Something we can do together.
    What's wrong with wanting that? I'd love an honest answer off one of the "I don't care if we hoof it as long as we win" side of our support.

Points are all that matter. Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    The thing for me is the impact it will have on the younger players who seem to have come through the academy playing a different game and this style will just drag them down

I thought Sang and Bagan were superb today but the game passed Harris and Colwill

That first 60 minutes was some of the most dire football I've seen down there for years.
    People are beginning to turn on Bagan though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Left/right back is a pretty hard position to learn and we need to give the lad time.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    our style has always been awful

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Who cares if we win?
    exactly, it's been a couple of seasons now since I've been able to muster up a "whoo hoo" when seeing we've got a win..... Just feel a bit indifferent.

Yes, I spent the first 60 minutes wondering why I bother. I certainly wasn't enjoying it, but I'll remember the 3-1 and be back again for more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Yes, I spent the first 60 minutes wondering why I bother. I certainly wasn't enjoying it, but I'll remember the 3-1 and be back again for more of the same.
    Me too ill be back but it would be nice to think we will get entertained along the way - there was one point in the 2nd half they didn't just take the sting out of the game they took the sting out of the crowd as well.

I don't understand that - I've been overall impressed with him since he came into the side and he is also coming back from a bad injury. Still Harbour hopes that we resign Bennett as that would give us cover and support for Bagan as well

As for Sang if Ng can regain form I wouldn't mind seeing sang in centre mid as I think he looked our most comfortable player on the ball until Giles came on.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Left/right back is a pretty hard position to learn and we need to give the lad time.
    Absolutely. He had come on loads, although he is going to make the odd error in judgement, still a bit keen on times. He's a tidy enough player, when he becomes a little more confident and he relaxes a bit, the positional errors will go, I'm sure of that. I like him, doesn't hide and has a good attitude.

Bagan has improved with each game

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Absolutely. He had come on loads, although he is going to make the odd error in judgement, still a bit keen on times. He's a tidy enough player, when he becomes a little more confident and he relaxes a bit, the positional errors will go, I'm sure of that. I like him, doesn't hide and has a good attitude.
    He needs to attack, defend, position is important, mark (more than likely) their best or most skilled players, run up and down all game... Its no picnic.

I don't think anybody is turning on him, but he's not playing well at the moment. It's not just the positional stuff; he was miscontrolling simple passes in the first half today.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I don't think anybody is turning on him, but he's not playing well at the moment. It's not just the positional stuff; he was miscontrolling simple passes in the first half today.
    Someone definitely gave him a good dressing down on here not long back, probably in the Barnsley match thread actually..

I've heard oir fans turn on good players like Manga etc. It happens, quite a bit more than we probably admit.

Someone behind me said Bagan was the worst player on the pitch. I honestly didn’t think he played that badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Someone behind me said Bagan was the worst player on the pitch. I honestly didn’t think he played that badly.
    He played what was admittedly something of a hospital pass to Nelson in the first half which was scrambled clear and a few around by me had a go at him, but I saw a young kid trying to play some football in a game where barely any was being seen and yet there were fans criticising him for not whacking it up the pitch - it was all a bit depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He needs to attack, defend, position is important, mark (more than likely) their best or most skilled players, run up and down all game... Its no picnic.
    It's a difficult position to play in, especially in a back three, or 5 when defending. It's not like the old days of a back 4, flat fullbacks whose job it was to stop the opponent and very little else. Bagan is in a position where on times, he wont have anyone to pick up, then in a flash, he'll have two or three players coming down his side. And like you said, he has to push into midfield as the system just wont work. Difficult to know when and when not to go, and if we get turned quickly or the opposition allow players to get forward on the counter, it can be very difficult. I think it was against Barnsley, Coillins was ball watching so bagan decided to push in for him while a Barnsley defender made a run from deep which resulted in a goal. Bagan should've probably stayed in his position, but collins sold him a pup. All Bagan was guilty of was compensating for Collins switching off.

Mad how people can watch the same game and see different things. Sang and Bagan for me were decent but have plenty to learn, Colwill was anonymous first half but seemed to gain the confidence to play 2nd half. Harris was one of our best players I thought, the only one in a City shirt causing them problems 1st half

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Mad how people can watch the same game and see different things. Sang and Bagan for me were decent but have plenty to learn, Colwill was anonymous first half but seemed to gain the confidence to play 2nd half. Harris was one of our best players I thought, the only one in a City shirt causing them problems 1st half