+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good result today but...

Re: Good result today but...

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic indicates that one person's "performance" differs from another. It's a subjective issue, not objective.

Are there examples of people arguing it's impossible to get results and perform in a way people find acceptable?
    That’s why I asked the question about wins we’ve had that do not merit the winning ugly description.

The converse of your argument that performance is subjective has to mean that there are people out there who look at us and think we’re an entertaining team, but I’ve never come across anyone who seriously believes that both in terms of people I meet and stuff I read and hear in the media.

By arguing that it doesn’t matter what the football’s like as long as we win, like some have done on here since yesterday’s game as a defence mechanism against those who were critical of the team’s performance, aren’t they admitting that they think the quality of football is crap as well, it’s just that they come st it from a different standpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That’s why I asked the question about wins we’ve had that do not merit the winning ugly description.

The converse of your argument that performance is subjective has to mean that there are people out there who look at us and think we’re an entertaining team, but I’ve never come across anyone who seriously believes that both in terms of people I meet and stuff I read and hear in the media.

By arguing that it doesn’t matter what the football’s like as long as we win, like some have done on here since yesterday’s game as a defence mechanism against those who were critical of the team’s performance, aren’t they admitting that they think the quality of football is crap as well, it’s just that they come st it from a different standpoint?
    Logic.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    More often the exception rather than the rule. Or however the saying goes..
    True true. I think I need to watch more Championship matches I've been missing out!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    True true. I think I need to watch more Championship matches I've been missing out!
    Get some decent games, if you find the right one 👀😂

By arguing that it doesn’t matter what the football’s like as long as we win, like some have done on here since yesterday’s game as a defence mechanism against those who were critical of the team’s performance, aren’t they admitting that they think the quality of football is crap as well, it’s just that they come at it from a different standpoint?
    With respect the fans who argue it doesn't matter what the football is like as long as City win, it would be interesting (to me, at least) to know who they regard as their all-time favourite Bluebirds and why they rated those players so highly.

Logic dictates that as always, there's a lot of accuracy in your post.

The point however was that you claimed some fans are saying it's "virtually impossible to have points and performance", a point I don't think anyone has really made.

Football is a results business and always has been. If that is achieved with style, everyone is happy.

If we played with a certain panache but failed to achieve consistently good results, I suspect the majority of fans would want the team to forgo some of the style if it meant more points could be accumulated.

I doubt if the opposite is true though. Nobody would be willing to forfeit points if it meant that the team were more pleasing on the eye.

All our recent managers were sacked or resigned because of a string of poor results not because of the style we played so is it any wonder that MM is unwilling to change a winning formula.

And I suspect Mr Tan is not displeased either, regardless of us playing what's deemed as agricultural football.

Personally I loved watching some of the football we played under Dave Jones, but ultimately he couldn't get the results and consistency the fans wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic dictates that as always, there's a lot of accuracy in your post.

The point however was that you claimed some fans are saying it's "virtually impossible to have points and performance", a point I don't think anyone has really made.
    I’d argue they are when they say it’s all about winning, but I accept that, as they have not actually come out and said that very thing, it could be said that I’m putting words in their mouth.