+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: That Aden Flint...

That Aden Flint...

What a signing by Warnock

Re: That Aden Flint...

He looks good in a 3 at the back these days, still think more mobile teams will find plenty of holes in our team to take advantage of. I didn't think much I'd him in a 4, or him and mozza as a partnership.

Gareth Southgate there today apparently.

flint has been a top centre back at this level for years.
    it didn't work with him and Morrison as a back 2 but he's been our best defender in the three, and he worked well with Nelson in a two as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    flint has been a top centre back at this level for years.
    it didn't work with him and Morrison as a back 2 but he's been our best defender in the three, and he worked well with Nelson in a two as well.
    Yeah, him and mozza are both decent at this level but definitely don't work as a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Gareth Southgate there today apparently.

He's been looked at as a future penalty taker .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Top, too technique with his heading abs awesome determination. He gets a fair bit of jump for a big fella and gets power and direction.

It’s not as easy as he makes it look !

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Can you take them with your head ?

I think he has been our best player in almost every game so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think he has been our best player in almost every game so far this season.
    Big enough to admit I gave him some uncalled for stick last season and before.
    Pack is another one I like, but I've probably had a pop at him on occasion as well, saying that as I don't actually remember but overall I've usually stuck up for him.. But he's another one playing well for us this year.

Yeah Pack seems fitter this season. Him and Flint have won me over, took long enough mind 😂 both have been great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Yeah Pack seems fitter this season. Him and Flint have won me over, took long enough mind 😂 both have been great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Pack is playing a different role under Mick. He's the main main in midfield, the aggressor, much more physical and urgent. Ralls is the slightly more withdrawn midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Big enough to admit I gave him some uncalled for stick last season and before.
    Pack is another one I like, but I've probably had a pop at him on occasion as well, saying that as I don't actually remember but overall I've usually stuck up for him.. But he's another one playing well for us this year.
    Maybe the stick was merited. Both Pack and Flint are giving more under Mick, more urgency etc. In Pack's case, he's a different player than he was under Harris in my opinion. But fear not, i don't think either of them have enough ability not to go through a bit of a stinking patch, which will see business resume and we can all give them both a massive kicking for either being a 'crab' or a 'donkey'

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Maybe the stick was merited. Both Pack and Flint are giving more under Mick, more urgency etc. In Pack's case, he's a different player than he was under Harris in my opinion. But fear not, i don't think either of them have enough ability not to go through a bit of a stinking patch, which will see business resume and we can all give them both a massive kicking for either being a 'crab' or a 'donkey'
    Yes, you aren't wrong. Will inevitably be a few bad patches, but after they perform well enough I think those can be let to slip away..

Pack looks proper quality this season. And Flint looks a lot better. It's amazing how a little man-management and a better formation can make such a big difference. Kudos to MM. I still think it could be better, but you can't complain about a 3-1 win over what looks like a solid and well set-up Millwall team.

What a signing by Warnock
    Only 4 million too…. where do you get a solid defender and a striker rolled in one for that? 50 million?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Only 4 million too…. where do you get a solid defender and a striker rolled in one for that? 50 million?
    I bet Warnock will remind us about it if flint keeps up his form.' I were saying to blackie about flinty"

The thing about this thread, and our team in general, is that our players are all very likable. Yes their are deficiencies in our team, but it's not the players fault.

I think Morrison deserves sooo much credit for his handling of players and the team dynamics and squad harmony. They seem so together and have some wonderful banter.

Centre backs with no pace always seem to get a hard time. Hes going to get exploited a bit for having no pace but i think hes a good defender and his aerial threat is definitley a positive.

I bet Warnock will remind us about it if flint keeps up his form.' I were saying to blackie about flinty"
    Warnock's a knob