+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EFL on Quest, 9pm Saturdays

EFL on Quest, 9pm Saturdays

I guess most people watch this round up of League football every Saturday. It's a great programme, informative and amusing at the same time, and when they have the 'Not the top 20' guys on as guests... goodness, they really know their stuff.

But....does anyone else watch it, and think "Why don't we play football like that?". Sorry to start another thread about how poor our game is, but when you watch that programme, you can't help but wonder why, if they can do it, why can't we? QPR's second goal yesterday was a thing of absolute beauty. Look it up on YouTube.

Re: EFL on Quest, 9pm Saturdays

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I guess most people watch this round up of League football every Saturday. It's a great programme, informative and amusing at the same time, and when they have the 'Not the top 20' guys on as guests... goodness, they really know their stuff.

But....does anyone else watch it, and think "Why don't we play football like that?". Sorry to start another thread about how poor our game is, but when you watch that programme, you can't help but wonder why, if they can do it, why can't we? QPR's second goal yesterday was a thing of absolute beauty. Look it up on YouTube.
    I know you’re making a general point but I watched part of the QPR game and they were mostly dreadful. They made two substitutions on 35 minutes.

Yes I do think that, but then we are better than most of those teams, and some of those teams are very inconsistent. All teams play well in spells during games.

They pick the highlights to show the most creative bits.
    .think of the Morecombe and Wise best of shows
    Much of what they did was crap but those clips appear them to be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post

A goal scored a few years ago would knock spots off that QPR goal and was lauded on here as a thing of beauty. It was scored by..............Rochdale. It was more akin to Man City than Rochdale as the passing was slick, went from one end to another and ended up with a goal. For memory they hardly ripped up their league that year, which goes to prove that scoring beautiful goals means nothing in the great scheme of things. It's how many you score and how few you concede is what's important.

Many will never be pleased.
    Twice promoted in the last few years and now 4th or something and improving with a new cheap squad which really worried me.

Just not good enough for many of our “fans” thought, is it ?

From what I saw of the QPR game they were comprehensively outplayed by a useful looking Barnsley side in the first half and were lucky to go in only two goals behind at half time. Recovered well in the second half though,still not sure how either team will do this season. Expect us to finish ahead of both if we don't sell Moore despite our agricultural football or maybe because of it.