+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Everly Brothers

The Everly Brothers

I see that the surviving brother Don died today. Takes me back to my youth in the early sixties. Some classic songs come to mind like Bye Bye Love, All I have to do, The price of love...etc.

Re: The Everly Brothers

yeah sad news some great tunes RIP

Huge influence on the Beatles. RIP Don.

One of my favorites of theirs.

One of my favourites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhlb8ltAWYM

Bittersweet memories for me after the girl I loved very much broke off our engagement.

Sad news, really enjoy singing along, very badly, to their songs when they come up on my favourite playlist - anyone listened to Man with Money?Very subversive!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=s4l1U23VK4s&feature=share

Saw them at St David's Hall in 1985. Definitely one of the most memorable concerts that I attended. Even then they had "the voices of angels" - a term used to describe them in their early days. I think that much of their 1983 Reunion Concert at the Albert Hall can be found on You Tube (haven't checked recently) - worth a look.

Some timeless tunes and played their part in arguably the best decade of music the sixties. Beautiful harmonies.

Don Everly

Sadly died....so many memories...why are there no duets these days? I remember in St.Ives...1960......two songs on the jukebox constantly......Del Shannon ' Runaway' and the Everly brothers 'Temptation'.....will always be with me...maybe because I fancied a blonde long haired girl...who was with her sister...never happened.....

My favourites from the Everly's? Autumn Leaves.....Cathy's Clown.....Crying in the Rain....and of course Temptation....the music from today just cannot compete...

Oh, that's awful.

'The Fabulous Style of the Everly Brothers' released in 1960 when I was 14 was the first ever LP record I bought and I guess I've listened to their songs a million times in the last 60 years.

Like the Angel above I saw them at St David's Hall but I've long been of the view that I also saw them much earlier at the Capitol Cinema when it was in its heyday as a teen concert venue.

Am I wrong about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Oh, that's awful.

'The Fabulous Style of the Everly Brothers' released in 1960 when I was 14 was the first ever LP record I bought and I guess I've listened to their songs a million times in the last 60 years.

Like the Angel above I saw them at St David's Hall but I've long been of the view that I also saw them much earlier at the Capitol Cinema when it was in its heyday as a teen concert venue.

Am I wrong about that?
    Can't help you there - a few years before my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    Saw them at St David's Hall in 1985. Definitely one of the most memorable concerts that I attended. Even then they had "the voices of angels" - a term used to describe them in their early days. I think that much of their 1983 Reunion Concert at the Albert Hall can be found on You Tube (haven't checked recently) - worth a look.
    Wow, was the St. David's Hall performance that long ago? I was there too but hard to believe it was 36 years ago!!

P.S. The link I provided in my earlier post above is part of the 1983 reunion concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Wow, was the St. David's Hall performance that long ago? I was there too but hard to believe it was 36 years ago!!

P.S. The link I provided in my earlier post above is part of the 1983 reunion concert.

International

"Ebony eyes"

Immortal sounds of my youth, sadly the living artists become fewer by the day. RIP Don, thanks for providing the backdrop to many an evening