+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prawns

Prawns

Love them. Probably the best thing that comes out of the sea. But nothing more off putting than seeing their little poo tracts

Why do places go to all the effort of deshelling them and leaving the little tails on them

Up the prawn sarnie brigade

Re: Prawns

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Love them. Probably the best thing that comes out of the sea. But nothing more off putting than seeing their little poo tracts

Why do places go to all the effort of deshelling them and leaving the little tails on them

Up the prawn sarnie brigade
    I do like a nice prawn sarnie, with maybe a little lettuce and mayo. Also, buying a.good helping of unshelled prawns from the market, peeling them and feasting on them is one of life's pleasures.

It was my sister-in-law's 50th birthday last night. At a beach restaurant. I had the best prawns I've ever had in my life. Jumbo prawns marinated in various herbs and drizzled in garlic butter. Scallops wrapped in bacon, crab cakes with mango salsa, tuna tartare in deep fried wanton wrappers. Hands down one of the best spreads I've ever seen or tasted.

Always liked prawns. Crayfish is also delicious.

Last time I had prawns was up the trevellers rest, Caerphilly mountain, came with a garlic chilli and lime concoction in a little dipping pot, only negative for me was they came breaded, tadte was there but personally rather them on their own with that type of sauce.

Where was this beach restaurant NYCBlue
    Sounds amazing 🤩

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Where was this beach restaurant NYCBlue
    Sounds amazing ��
    https://birdyslbi.com/

They closed it for a private party. It's quite a hike up the island from where we stay. If it was closer to where I am now, I'd go back there for lunch.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

My wife’s mother gets fkg huge prawns straight from the boats at Long Hai. They weigh in at 3-4 to the kilo. She marinades in garlic, onions, butter and cooked over a charcoal bbq and serves with a green chilli purée sauce. Couple of cold beers lovely

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    My wife’s mother gets fkg huge prawns straight from the boats at Long Hai. They weigh in at 3-4 to the kilo. She marinades in garlic, onions, butter and cooked over a charcoal bbq and serves with a green chilli purée sauce. Couple of cold beers lovely
    3-4 to the kilo?
    They ain't prawns, they're lobsters!

International

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Hong Kong Prawns!! Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    3-4 to the kilo?
    Pete and Dud told us of the dangers of Lobsters.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Pete and Dud told us of the dangers of Lobsters.
    Shirley you're not talking about Lobsterous bumikissimus?

A marine biologist I know refuses to eat bivalves. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Shirley you're not talking about Lobsterous bumikissimus?
    Raspberry Jam ......up the arse

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A marine biologist I know refuses to eat bivalves. Just sayin'
    My brother-in-law has just retired as a university lecturer and his colleague has been studying UK seafood and the risks for over 10 years. He wouldn't eat any seafood for the very same reason, some of the poisoning cases he's been asked to look at are really scary. He was involved in looking at at a bad case at one of Heston Blumenthal's restaurant, the seafood came from near a sewage outlet and were full of really nasty bugs and viruses 😳
    Last edited by tomcat; 22-08-21 at 21:05. Reason: Typo

Probably the best prawns on earth. Fresh & piled high.

Feskekôrka In Gothenburg. One of the best kept secrets for long weekends.

this country in general has a pathetic attitude to seafood in general. we live on an island surrounded by well stocked seas and so many people will barely touch any seafood, and if they do it's ****ing salmon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    this country in general has a pathetic attitude to seafood in general. we live on an island surrounded by well stocked seas and so many people will barely touch any seafood, and if they do it's ****ing salmon.
    True. I think Wales could have a much better fisting industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    there's so little choice and anything decent is so expensive because most people won't eat it. it really is a shame

there's so little choice and anything decent is so expensive because most people won't eat it. it really is a shame
    Logic would suggest you might want to re-read the post you replied to, very, very carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would suggest you might want to re-read the post you replied to, very, very carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    More worrying how my phone changed the word fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

True, people are too picky.
    There's a move now to rename some seafood to make it seem more attractive.
    Spider crabs caught off Cornwall are now Cornish King Crabs - they're a prized delicacy on the continent, but hardly eaten in the UK.

Similarly Cornish Sole is the new name for Megrim.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    3-4 to the kilo?
    And very tasty too

Eating big prawns,crabs, lobsters and live fish selected out of a tank is a complete change from when I was a nipper going with my mum to get fish, smoked haddock or cod mainly, straight off the marble and ice slabs in the fishmongers on Cowbridge road near the old Foresters pub.

I didn’t even know how to eat crab and lobster until the in laws showed me how it’s done