+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Prawns

  1. #1

    Prawns

    Love them. Probably the best thing that comes out of the sea. But nothing more off putting than seeing their little poo tracts

    Why do places go to all the effort of deshelling them and leaving the little tails on them

    Up the prawn sarnie brigade

  2. #2

    Re: Prawns

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Love them. Probably the best thing that comes out of the sea. But nothing more off putting than seeing their little poo tracts

    Why do places go to all the effort of deshelling them and leaving the little tails on them

    Up the prawn sarnie brigade
    I do like a nice prawn sarnie, with maybe a little lettuce and mayo. Also, buying a.good helping of unshelled prawns from the market, peeling them and feasting on them is one of life's pleasures.

  3. #3

    Re: Prawns

    It was my sister-in-law's 50th birthday last night. At a beach restaurant. I had the best prawns I've ever had in my life. Jumbo prawns marinated in various herbs and drizzled in garlic butter. Scallops wrapped in bacon, crab cakes with mango salsa, tuna tartare in deep fried wanton wrappers. Hands down one of the best spreads I've ever seen or tasted.

  4. #4

    Re: Prawns

    Always liked prawns. Crayfish is also delicious.

    Last time I had prawns was up the trevellers rest, Caerphilly mountain, came with a garlic chilli and lime concoction in a little dipping pot, only negative for me was they came breaded, tadte was there but personally rather them on their own with that type of sauce.

  5. #5

    Re: Prawns

    Where was this beach restaurant NYCBlue
    Sounds amazing 🤩

  6. #6

    Re: Prawns

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Where was this beach restaurant NYCBlue
    Sounds amazing ��
    https://birdyslbi.com/

    They closed it for a private party. It's quite a hike up the island from where we stay. If it was closer to where I am now, I'd go back there for lunch.

  7. #7
    First Team light up the darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ho Chi Minh City/Radyr
    Posts
    2,243

    Re: Prawns

    My wife’s mother gets fkg huge prawns straight from the boats at Long Hai. They weigh in at 3-4 to the kilo. She marinades in garlic, onions, butter and cooked over a charcoal bbq and serves with a green chilli purée sauce. Couple of cold beers lovely

  8. #8

    Re: Prawns

    Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    My wife’s mother gets fkg huge prawns straight from the boats at Long Hai. They weigh in at 3-4 to the kilo. She marinades in garlic, onions, butter and cooked over a charcoal bbq and serves with a green chilli purée sauce. Couple of cold beers lovely
    3-4 to the kilo?
    They ain't prawns, they're lobsters!

  9. #9
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,726

    Re: Prawns

    Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    My wife’s mother gets fkg huge prawns straight from the boats at Long Hai. They weigh in at 3-4 to the kilo. She marinades in garlic, onions, butter and cooked over a charcoal bbq and serves with a green chilli purée sauce. Couple of cold beers lovely
    Hong Kong Prawns!! Beautiful

  10. #10

    Re: Prawns

    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    3-4 to the kilo?
    They ain't prawns, they're lobsters!
    Pete and Dud told us of the dangers of Lobsters.

  11. #11

    Re: Prawns

    Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Pete and Dud told us of the dangers of Lobsters.
    Shirley you're not talking about Lobsterous bumikissimus?

  12. #12

    Re: Prawns

    A marine biologist I know refuses to eat bivalves. Just sayin'

  13. #13

    Re: Prawns

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Shirley you're not talking about Lobsterous bumikissimus?
    Raspberry Jam ......up the arse

  14. #14

    Re: Prawns

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A marine biologist I know refuses to eat bivalves. Just sayin'
    My brother-in-law has just retired as a university lecturer and his colleague has been studying UK seafood and the risks for over 10 years. He wouldn't eat any seafood for the very same reason, some of the poisoning cases he's been asked to look at are really scary. He was involved in looking at at a bad case at one of Heston Blumenthal's restaurant, the seafood came from near a sewage outlet and were full of really nasty bugs and viruses 😳
    Last edited by tomcat; 22-08-21 at 21:05. Reason: Typo

  15. #15

    Re: Prawns

    Probably the best prawns on earth. Fresh & piled high.

    Feskekôrka In Gothenburg. One of the best kept secrets for long weekends.

  16. #16

    Re: Prawns

    this country in general has a pathetic attitude to seafood in general. we live on an island surrounded by well stocked seas and so many people will barely touch any seafood, and if they do it's ****ing salmon.

  17. #17

    Re: Prawns

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    this country in general has a pathetic attitude to seafood in general. we live on an island surrounded by well stocked seas and so many people will barely touch any seafood, and if they do it's ****ing salmon.
    True. I think Wales could have a much better fisting industry.

  18. #18

    Re: Prawns

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    True. I think Wales could have a much better fisting industry.
    there's so little choice and anything decent is so expensive because most people won't eat it. it really is a shame

  19. #19

    Re: Prawns

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there's so little choice and anything decent is so expensive because most people won't eat it. it really is a shame
    Logic would suggest you might want to re-read the post you replied to, very, very carefully.

  20. #20

    Re: Prawns

    Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would suggest you might want to re-read the post you replied to, very, very carefully.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •