+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wolves after Kieffer Moore?

Re: Wolves after Kieffer Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    "Decent Championship player" is a bit of a disservice imo. 20 goals last season in a side afraid of going past the halfway line and has impressed internationally, having the better of some top defenders
    Yeah I agree with that.

In fact, that Moore got that many goals in a side allergic to passing and keeping the ball is a miracle.

Late move? Talks ongoing? No doubt I could be totally wrong, but I think Percy’s taking the piss.

Kieffer story now on the Sky Sports news “ticker”

It’s on the sky sports banner now. “Wolves in talks to sign Kieffer Moore”
    Fek sake

Oh god no

Logic dictates that, having lost parachute payments, we're very much a selling club as are virtually all clubs other than the top few.

If Wolves were interested and made a serious offer, it would be stupid to turn it down.

With only Collins, Davies, Harris and Vassell around the first team squad - Zimba also possibly? - an unexpected side effect could be transitioning way from long ball.

David Ornstein of The Athletic also reporting it.

In my opinion, Wolves aren't going to offer an amount that Cardiff find acceptable. He's too important to us, and not enough time to use any capital raised, with too many risks involved for them to make a high offer. He's not even in last year of his contract so we're unlikely to accept much less than we think he's worth.

Counter to that is Wolves struggling to score and Welsh coach being there...but I don't think it's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    "Decent Championship player" is a bit of a disservice imo. 20 goals last season in a side afraid of going past the halfway line and has impressed internationally, having the better of some top defenders
    He absolutely bossed Milan Skrinar. He's apparently a world class centre half, Moore scored and tossed him around like a rag doll.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

In my opinion, Wolves aren't going to offer an amount that Cardiff find acceptable. He's too important to us, and not enough time to use any capital raised, with too many risks involved for them to make a high offer. He's not even in last year of his contract so we're unlikely to accept much less than we think he's worth.

Counter to that is Wolves struggling to score and Welsh coach being there...but I don't think it's enough.
    I reckon we would take 6 million

Assumed bollocks

Good luck to him

Us and the Jacks in a race to the bottom.

The Athletic is reporting that we rejected Wolves' initial offer.

Any offer that doesnt include Giles should be rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I reckon we would take 6 million
    I know we're having to cut costs but we know in 12 months we lose 10 players (I'd expect 7 of those to be amongst higher earners at the club) which means drastic cost cutting is going to happen naturally in a really short period of time.

I don't see us accepting less than we got for Michael Chopra in 07/08, when we were in a really desperate position, seeing that it's so much later in the window and Moore is a better player.

Weve had a bid accepted for Teddy Sheringham to replace Kieffer

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He could do a job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    3 year deal and membership to ritzy nightclub-before 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    3 year deal and membership to ritzy nightclub-before 10pm.
    50/50 split with club on nightclub meet and greets

I know we're having to cut costs but we know in 12 months we lose 10 players (I'd expect 7 of those to be amongst higher earners at the club) which means drastic cost cutting is going to happen naturally in a really short period of time.

I don't see us accepting less than we got for Michael Chopra in 07/08, when we were in a really desperate position, seeing that it's so much later in the window and Moore is a better player.
    Chopra went for 5 million. I think the club will go for between 6 and 8

Nothing to worry about as we have Vassell to come back in!!

Glen Williams of Wales Online saying the two clubs are "so far apart on their valuations of Kieffer Moore" and Rob Phillips is saying Cardiff aren't impressed by the late move but resolve could be tested

Sky now saying its all off, as Wolves have refused to pay Cardiff's asking price of £12m. Good.

We’ve asked for £12m