+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wolves after Kieffer Moore?

Wolves after Kieffer Moore?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...ty-star-moore/

Wolves are lining up a bid for Cardiff City striker Kieffer Moore, Football Insider has learned.

The Premier League club are in the market for a centre-forward in the final week of the window.

A Wolves source has told Football Insider the club are ready to submit an offer of around £7million for Moore.

Cardiff are opening to selling the 29-year-old as they look to raise much-needed cash.

A £2million signing from Wigan Athletic in August 2020, Moore has two years remaining on his contract in the Welsh capital.

If this is true, it is not enough!

Re: Wolves after Kieffer Moore?

No it wouldn't be but then I'm not the one that's looking after our accounts.

We could and should be able to get more, more, more.

I'm expecting more interest as the deadline approaches.

I hope we do not sell if we are serious about challenging for top 6!

That website is about as credible as the Daily Sport

I’d be surprised if this was true - £7m seems a lot for a 29 year old with one decent season at championship level.

Although I suspect his agent will be trying to get a move. Given his chequered career a 3 year contract at a premier league club would be life changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I’d be surprised if this was true - £7m seems a lot for a 29 year old with one decent season at championship level.

Although I suspect his agent will be trying to get a move. Given his chequered career a 3 year contract at a premier league club would be life changing.
    Let's all be perfectly Frank... If the club are offered 7million for Moore, hopefully with some add ons, they will be driving Moore to Wolverhampton themselves.

That means, I would imagine, that city would spend a small portion of the fee on Kyle Hudlin.
    Or stick with Collins, Harris and Vassell.

Swap for Giles?

If he goes we probably won't replace him, we'll just stick Flint up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Swap for Giles?
    Club needs the money, I imagine. If it is true, we'll struggle to say no as he'll definitely want to go. Not for 7m though, that's laughable and frankly an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    If he goes we probably won't replace him, we'll just stick Flint up front.
    Championship goal scoring record is about to get blown out the water in that case

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Wolves are lining up a bid for Cardiff City striker Kieffer Moore, Football Insider has learned.

The Premier League club are in the market for a centre-forward in the final week of the window.

A Wolves source has told Football Insider the club are ready to submit an offer of around £7million for Moore.

Cardiff are opening to selling the 29-year-old as they look to raise much-needed cash.

A £2million signing from Wigan Athletic in August 2020, Moore has two years remaining on his contract in the Welsh capital.

Double that fee or offer Giles as part of the deal and I think I’d sell him because you have to take into account his age. On the other hand, we’re talking about a striker who scored twenty Championship goals last season and you only need to see how much players who have done that in the past go for to realise £15 million is pretty cheap.

Also, Keiffer Moore is a lot more than a striker with one good season behind him as has been claimed in this thread - he’s a late starter who has improved at a dramatic rate in recent seasons and, unlike some twenty nine year olds, there’s probably scope for further improvement with him.

Shame he’s smashed around the lower leagues so long.

Worth £7m all day if he was a few years younger.

A few years ago we used to see £7m for half a Jordan Rhodes or McCormack who were both half the player but in this current market clubs have got to get their valuations spot on

Now shiquiri has gone for £9m

We are mugs if we sell him for £7 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Club needs the money, I imagine. If it is true, we'll struggle to say no as he'll definitely want to go. Not for 7m though, that's laughable and frankly an insult.
    I wonder if his contract with us has a release clause. I know it is a buyer's market at the moment, but selling him for less than we got for Zohore would be hard to take.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Why would Wolves want Keiffer Moore ? He isn't Portuguese for a start ! He would hardly fit into their style of play either.

I suppose it all comes down to how much we need the money to plug the hole left by parachute payments, taking into account the potential future income from keeping him.

take this season - say from this point we have an 8% chance of promotion if we keep Moore, and a 3% chance if we sell him.
    if promotion is worth 200m then there's £10m value straight off the bat.
    then you have to consider relegation - say a 2% chance with and 4% without (or add your own numbers) and the lost revenue estimating at £20m (no idea really) and you can probably add another million.

then factor in some additional value for next season, effect on ticket sales etc and ,£12-15 million seems reasonable

7 million? Please tell them to **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    We are mugs if we sell him for £7 million.
    What if he wants to leave? transfermarkt value him at £4.5m, for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I suppose it all comes down to how much we need the money to plug the hole left by parachute payments, taking into account the potential future income from keeping him.

take this season - say from this point we have an 8% chance of promotion if we keep Moore, and a 3% chance if we sell him.
    if promotion is worth 200m then there's £10m value straight off the bat.
    then you have to consider relegation - say a 2% chance with and 4% without (or add your own numbers) and the lost revenue estimating at £20m (no idea really) and you can probably add another million.

then factor in some additional value for next season, effect on ticket sales etc and ,£12-15 million seems reasonable
    I'd say there's less than a 1% chance we'd go down, especially after our start. A hell of lot has to go wrong now.

Re Moore, Armstrong went for nearly 20. He's got a year left. Granted, he's 24 but he's out of contract in 12 months. Surridge just went to Stoke for 5.5m! We should be asking for an awful lot.

It's about time we kept the Wolves from the door😄

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'd say there's less than a 1% chance we'd go down, especially after our start. A hell of lot has to go wrong now.

Re Moore, Armstrong went for nearly 20. He's got a year left. Granted, he's 24 but he's out of contract in 12 months. Surridge just went to Stoke for 5.5m! We should be asking for an awful lot.
    I don't think we would get as much as they got for Armstrong, he has age on his side and has always had very good underlying stats (shot volume etc) it's a surprise that Newcastle let him go for so little when they did.

We shouldn't accept less than £15m. Or a deal that involves Giles.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    What if he wants to leave? transfermarkt value him at £4.5m, for what it's worth.
    I'll make a website right now and on it I will value him at £45m.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think we would get as much as they got for Armstrong, he has age on his side and has always had very good underlying stats (shot volume etc) it's a surprise that Newcastle let him go for so little when they did.
    Why do you rate shot volume which was always going to be boosted by i) his pace and ii) playing with Harvey Elliot? Armstrong's shot accuracy last year was lower than you'd want from a central premier league striker which is probably why only club willing to spend money plays a front two.

Moore's shot accuracy also lower than desired and needs to be worked on. His shot accuracy when more likely to play as central striker combined with his age and it being first time in premier league is probably why he won't go for as much.