+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wolves after Kieffer Moore?

Re: Wolves after Kieffer Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Why do you rate shot volume? Armstrong's shot accuracy last year was lower than you'd want from a central premier league striker which is probably why only club willing to spend money plays a front two.

Moore's shot accuracy also lower than desired and needs to be worked on. His shot accuracy when more likely to play as central striker combined with his age and it being first time in premier league is probably why he won't go for as much.
    Shot volume seems to be more favoured by the stats boffins.
    I think that younger players who generate a lot of shots are more likely to have future good performance than players who have relatively few shots but are on a hot finishing streak

I've seen another website valuing him at £45 million that's nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think we would get as much as they got for Armstrong, he has age on his side and has always had very good underlying stats (shot volume etc) it's a surprise that Newcastle let him go for so little when they did.
    Armstrong is a right greedy bastard, that’s why he looks good on stats. Moore has absolutely bossed people like Skrinar for Wales, and is on an upward trajectory. We should be looking at 15m, minimum.

Shot volume seems to be more favoured by the stats boffins.
    I think that younger players who generate a lot of shots are more likely to have future good performance than players who have relatively few shots but are on a hot finishing streak
    Of all the players to attempt 50 or more shots in the Premier League last season, only Son Heung-Min and Ilkay Gundogan had a better shot conversion rate than Danny Ings’ 21.1 per cent.

Watkins clearly had an incredibly successful first season in the Premier League, but the key to that success lay in the volume of shots he took rather than their quality. Only four Premier League players had more shots than Watkins last season. Ings, meanwhile, had 57, roughly half Watkins’ total. He did play in 29 matches compared to Watkins’ 37, but it still demonstrates a pattern: Watkins took lots of shots to get his 14 goals; Ings took more of his chances to get his 12.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/p...ntford-1162610
    While we'll never know for sure it seems doubtful that Watkins would have scored as many last season if playing for Southampton, rather than in front of Grealish, but now we basically have a Watkins type playing for Southampton we might get some idea.

To an extent, surely number of shots will just reflect number of chances created by team they're playing in? Of course striker can create their own chances too and good movement increases number of chances created by team-mates. But if stats boffins aren't digging deeper then it's just bad information.

I agree Armstrong will probably be valued higher than Moore by the buying market (especially as more Premier League sides now play with two up front) and price will come down to how much we need to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    What if he wants to leave? transfermarkt value him at £4.5m, for what it's worth.
    Marlon Pack, a player who is 30, who we bought for £500k and let's be honest before this season wasn't setting the world on fire is worth £2.5m according to that website.

Volunteers put in the transfer values on there apparently, it's like saying 'he's worth £4.5m on football manager'.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Marlon Pack, a player who is 30, who we bought for £500k and let's be honest before this season wasn't setting the world on fire is worth £2.5m according to that website.

Volunteers put in the transfer values on there apparently, it's like saying 'he's worth £4.5m on football manager'.
    how much is he worth on football manager?

£4.0

It's blank cheque territory.

He's just won Ballon D'or.

Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    what was he expecting, going out dressed like that?

http://mooreorles.com

Seems legit.

what was he expecting, going out dressed like that?
    Asking for trouble NQAT.

I'm half expecting someone wearing our new away kit to be rogered by a flamingo.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I've seen another website valuing him at £45 million that's nuts
    Flint or Moore?

£10m to a team that plays one striker and has Jiminez and Fabio Silva ahead of him

A club that does it's transfer business through Jorge Mendes and only sign players such as Carlos Kickaballez.

A club that signed a player from Barcelona are now shopping at Cardiff for a third choice striker?

Don't get me wrong £10m and he's off and good luck to him but if it happens I'd be astonished. Their fans are delusional now thinking they are champions League viable (just like Leeds) and Moore who would no doubt offer them quite a lot would be welcomed like a cheap cast off when they are expecting somebody like Richarlison or his like.

Can't see it myself

Couple of posts on a Wolves forum think the author at footballinsider is notorious for being inaccurate with Wolves links. Shock.

Also, there seems to be Origi whispers; hopefully they’re true

I think I’ll start a football website & start random rumours.

Lee Tomlin to Peterborough 1.5p

I'm guessing that this is just made up because people think Wolves are about to get 40m for Adama Traore and are wondring where they are going to spend it.
    Which in turn is made up because they think spurs will get 150m for kane and are wondering where they are going to spend it.

I'm guessing that this is just made up because people think Wolves are about to get 40m for Adama Traore and are wondring where they are going to spend it.
    Which in turn is made up because they think spurs will get 150m for kane and are wondering where they are going to spend it.
    They've just sold a striker for £15m so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they're looking at a striker

But Kieffer? No chance

His names probably on a list of about 30 they're "looking at"

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I think I’ll start a football website & start random rumours.

Lee Tomlin to Peterborough 1.5p
    I’d take it

International

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I’d take it
    Naw! Neil would probably haggle us up to a couple of million.

Not sure he’s a Wolves type player is he ?

Certainly worth double that fee but a bit old for major investment. Maybe £7m/ £10m PLUS Giles, but it’s hard to think that any permutation of that deal makes much sense for either club.

Took us YEARS to get an effective striker, but how long will it last. It does occur to me that we should have taken the offers for Ken before he dried up for goals and became utter crap just as suddenly as he started doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Not sure he’s a Wolves type player is he ?

Certainly worth double that fee but a bit old for major investment. Maybe £7m/ £10m PLUS Giles, but it’s hard to think that any permutation of that deal makes much sense for either club.

Took us YEARS to get an effective striker, but how long will it last. It does occur to me that we should have taken the offers for Ken before he dried up for goals and became utter crap just as suddenly as he started doing well.
    What offers did the club not take for Ken Zohore - before the £8m bid from West Brom was accepted in July 2019?

There have been a lot of mistakes with transfers over the years, but getting £8m for Ken was an act of genius!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What offers did the club not take for Ken Zohore - before the £8m bid from West Brom was accepted in July 2019?

There have been a lot of mistakes with transfers over the years, but getting £8m for Ken was an act of genius!
    He was being heavily linked with Brighton in the summer of 2017. I don't know if they actually made an offer though.