+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wolves after Kieffer Moore?

Re: Wolves after Kieffer Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He was being heavily linked with Brighton in the summer of 2017. I don't know if they actually made an offer though.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...th-Zohore.html

Brighton and Hove Albion have offered £10million for Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore, with Tomer Hemed potentially going the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What offers did the club not take for Ken Zohore - before the £8m bid from West Brom was accepted in July 2019?

There have been a lot of mistakes with transfers over the years, but getting £8m for Ken was an act of genius!
    Would have been genius had we not spent £6 million on Glatzel and then sold him for what, £500,000?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...th-Zohore.html

Brighton and Hove Albion have offered £10million for Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore, with Tomer Hemed potentially going the other way.
    Zohore's agent originally claimed the Brighton 'bid' was for £17m and Cardiff rejected it. But Cardiff rubbished the claims. I took it that there had not been a formal bid at all, but maybe there was a bid but much lower than claimed. Everton were also supposed to be interested in Zohore after his hot streak, but they never followed up that interest. Either way getting £8m from WBA after Zohore had gone off the boil was excellent work.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Would have been genius had we not spent £6 million on Glatzel and then sold him for what, £500,000?
    The list of transfer fails is long but the Zohore sale was an act worthy of praise. The two deals were not connected.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Swap for Giles?
    £7 mill plus Giles makes perfect sense if he wants to commit to Cardiff long term.

Then raid my hometown club for two or three.

Capture.JPG

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...wo/top-scorers

Zohore's agent originally claimed the Brighton 'bid' was for £17m and Cardiff rejected it. But Cardiff rubbished the claims. I took it that there had not been a formal bid at all, but maybe there was a bid but much lower than claimed. Everton were also supposed to be interested in Zohore after his hot streak, but they never followed up that interest. Either way getting £8m from WBA after Zohore had gone off the boil was excellent work.
    I'm still not quite sure how we managed to pull that Zohore deal off. West Brom gave him a four-year contract as well. What were they thinking?

I'm still not quite sure how we managed to pull that Zohore deal off. West Brom gave him a four-year contract as well. What were they thinking?
    remember how good he was at his best though, I'm not surprised people were tempted

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    remember how good he was at his best though, I'm not surprised people were tempted
    At his best wouldn't look out of place in a top half prem side.

Didn't have the head to make it though

What offers did the club not take for Ken Zohore - before the £8m bid from West Brom was accepted in July 2019?

There have been a lot of mistakes with transfers over the years, but getting £8m for Ken was an act of genius!
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41085072

Everton were also interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    £7 mill plus Giles makes perfect sense if he wants to commit to Cardiff long term.

Then raid my hometown club for two or three.

Capture.JPG

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...wo/top-scorers
    The only trouble is that, if we did get Giles here permanently, someone would immediately start a media story or message board thread stating that another club was after him and that we were actively seeking bids to sell. It is impossible to have a good player here and just enjoy it for what it is.

Don’t know Jon, but I remember that there was very similar talk and rumour to the stuff we’re hearing now about KM.
    Anyone’s guess whether any of the actually have any solid basis so I certainly take your point.

Wheres Sludge? He will confirm this is all bollox as his source has said hes going to Burnley.

And oh yeah by the time we somehow sold him for that money he was a waste of space so you’re absolutely right on that one !

7m just isn't worth it for us in my opinion, Kieffer looks like he can guarantee 15+ goals a season for us for the next couple of years. 29 is 'old' but for a big target man he can play at this level until 33 at least if he manages himself well and has good luck with injuries.

2-3m plus Giles would be the bare minimum we should even consider. Giles has played well so far but how many players have had excellent 4-5 games for us then looked like a pub player after that so he can't be considered to be worth more than 5m.

He wouldn't have come on tonight if he was leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    7m just isn't worth it for us in my opinion, Kieffer looks like he can guarantee 15+ goals a season for us for the next couple of years. 29 is 'old' but for a big target man he can play at this level until 33 at least if he manages himself well and has good luck with injuries.

2-3m plus Giles would be the bare minimum we should even consider. Giles has played well so far but how many players have had excellent 4-5 games for us then looked like a pub player after that so he can't be considered to be worth more than 5m.
    Who's Giles going to cros the ball to if we get swap him for Keiffer?

I’m increasingly thinking that this s nonsense .
    Really it’d be more likely that someone like Fulham or Bournemouth would want him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Who's Giles going to cros the ball to if we get swap him for Keiffer?
    Bacuna.

I somehow think Wolves value Giles at more than a few million, like some seem to be suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I somehow think Wolves value Giles at more than a few million, like some seem to be suggesting.
    Definitely.

Not to mention Joe Mason to Wolves for 3 million.Perhaps they want a discount for being mugged over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I think I’ll start a football website & start random rumours.

Lee Tomlin to Peterborough 1.5p
    That's a lot of money for someone with "health" issues.

I’m increasingly thinking this stuff about Wolves is nonsense despite the way they’re ramping it up in the press.

Essential though he is to us, what use is he to Wolves really? He’d only ever be a reserve/ substitute and he age means that wouldn’t last long. He’s never scored or as far as I know even played in the Premiership and although it would be wrong to say he’s just a big target man, he’s certainly not the kind of player they expect at teams like that with an aim of “sunshine football”.

If they were prepared to shell out and give him a high payed contract to spend his last three years or so as a perpetual substitute he might exchange the rest of his career ( which would end in real terms when he signed ) for financial security, but once again Wolves can get other last resort back up strikers from Portugal or somewhere who’ve played their style of football before.

Who have the City got lined up to replace Kieffer should he depart? This is crucial to the club and those that follow them - unless Moore stays.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Who have the City got lined up to replace Kieffer should he depart? This is crucial to the club and those that follow them - unless Moore stays.
    Aden Flint of course!