+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wolves after Kieffer Moore?

Re: Wolves after Kieffer Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Sky now saying its all off, as Wolves have refused to pay Cardiff's asking price of £12m. Good.
    Dalman will drive him up there himself for 6m

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Glen Williams of Wales Online saying the two clubs are "so far apart on their valuations of Kieffer Moore" and Rob Phillips is saying Cardiff aren't impressed by the late move but resolve could be tested
    I have no knowledge on this at all but I hope this isn't the club trying to be clever with the media and force the blame onto Kieffer and Wolves at such a late stage. We sell him because we had to and then no replacement. It's too late in the window, it's a simple no - not for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    We’ve asked for £12m
    I wonder if we're fixed at that price or room to movement? I still don't see Wolves offering £9.5million or more and therefore will be surprised if it goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    David Ornstein of The Athletic also reporting it.

In my opinion, Wolves aren't going to offer an amount that Cardiff find acceptable. He's too important to us, and not enough time to use any capital raised, with too many risks involved for them to make a high offer. He's not even in last year of his contract so we're unlikely to accept much less than we think he's worth.

Counter to that is Wolves struggling to score and Welsh coach being there...but I don't think it's enough.
    I wonder if we're fixed at that price or room to movement? I still don't see Wolves offering £9.5million or more and therefore will be surprised if it goes through.
    I'm surprised the club has asked for that much and are standing their ground. Have to give some credit.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Sky now saying its all off, as Wolves have refused to pay Cardiff's asking price of £12m. Good.
    Fair price to both parties

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm surprised the club has asked for that much and are standing their ground. Have to give some credit.
    £12m not enough - but too much for Wolves. Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Tan will be furious

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Tan will be furious

Apparently Wolves have offered 10 but the transfer committee is holding out for 7. Tense times. Tense times.

It might take a while for things to go right on the pitch but how many times does the board have to act in a sensible way before critics on here aren't so quick into every thread?

It might take a while for things to go right on the pitch but how many times does the board have to act in a sensible way before critics on here aren't so quick into every thread?
    What was sensible about signing Wintle then loaning him out?

What was sensible about signing Wintle then loaning him out?
    He gets experience at Champ level, while we probably haven't been able to shift one of our CMs?

I'm amazed we've stood firm on Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He gets experience at Champ level, while we probably haven't been able to shift one of our CMs?

I'm amazed we've stood firm on Moore.
    Alternatively we could have got someone in who could do a job straight away and improve our midfield, an area that’s crying out for improvement.

You swear he was 18/19 years old ffs, he’ll be 25 before the season finishes.

Pull your head out of the sand man. The club is a shambles.

Alternatively we could have got someone in who could do a job straight away and improve our midfield, an area that’s crying out for improvement.

I think most people who watch League One football said Wintle would be a good signing. It might not have worked out but he's probably cheap, its a big step up so we will see.

I don't disagree with your last sentence, mind although I think most of our recent signings have been half decent.

this is probably the least shambles we've been in years

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    this is probably the least shambles we've been in years
    Signing Wintle would have made more sense if a coupe of the 4 central midfielders at the club had been moved on (Ralls, Vaulks, Pack, Bacuna). Perhaps that's what the club were hoping for.... Reduced wage bill and reduced age of the squad.

On the basis that didn't happen then at this stage loaning him out seems sensible while the others are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Apparently Wolves have offered 10 but the transfer committee is holding out for 7. Tense times. Tense times.
    Live From Molineux, Mehmet and Wolves Head of recruitment in tense negotiations.

Logic would indicate 25 is 2 years younger than Keiffer Moore was before having a good Championship season.

Wintle missed part of pre-season with a groin injury. It seem likely he'd play the Pack role in our midfield; maybe it was decided he could go out and play competitive games due to not displacing Pack at this moment in time; someone like Bowen could sit on the bench. Who knows?

Who could have come in and improved our midfield at the same cost, wages as Wintle?

Rumour I’ve read is Wolves offered in the region of £3mio so their offer was way too low for us to even consider

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Rumour I’ve read is Wolves offered in the region of £3mio so their offer was way too low for us to even consider
    Really? If that's correct, then that's one serious piss take. I reckon that the club would've taken 8 million, although there's people saying that they wanted 12 million and have stood firm.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate 25 is 2 years younger than Keiffer Moore was before having a good Championship season.

Wintle missed part of pre-season with a groin injury. It seem likely he'd play the Pack role in our midfield; maybe it was decided he could go out and play competitive games due to not displacing Pack at this moment in time; someone like Bowen could sit on the bench. Who knows?

Who could have come in and improved our midfield at the same cost, wages as Wintle?
    Logic says you’re a sad tw.at with far too much time on his hands.

Been waiting for someone to say this!

������

Logic deduces an inability to answer comments, instead resorting to abuse as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic deduces an inability to answer comments, instead resorting to abuse as per usual.
    Logic has fathomed that you are an old poster with a new alias.