+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football laws you would change

Re: Football laws you would change

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Agree with the shielding on, should have to be actively playing the ball, otherwise a foul.

I would reduce games to 30 minute halves with the clock only counting when ball is in play. ( this would only be for professional football)

Free kicks inside the box for non goal scoring opportunities or a free shot but from where offence occurred
    By free shot do you mean a shot with only the player who was fouled and goalkeeper?

That could mean the equivalent of a penalty 6 yards out or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Keep extra time, but get rid of penalties. The only difference being that each team has to remove one player every three minutes, from the field of play, until there is so much space that someone is bound to score. The game keeps going until someone does score.
    What and miss another England failure. No way.

I would allow defenders to wear shoulder pads with added spikes to stop attackers climbing all over them in the penalty area.

Stop this nonsense of the goalkeeper being allowed to handle the ball!

Not a law change but a shirt design change. The back of shirts to be velcroed on from the bottom either side and up and round the shoulders. Players shirt pulling, which seems to regularly go unpunished, would look a bit guilty with the the back of the jersey in their hands.

Would also be ideal for shirt buyers when a player leaves, just replace the back of the shirt with your new favourite (reading that back it sounds a bit Viz).

If a player is fouled and needs to go off for treatment, the player who fouled should go off the pitch for the same amount of time.

3 yellow cards for a team = 1 team red. The opposition choose who they want sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Id make it illegal for a player to take the ball to the corner flag and just shield it making no attempt to play it just wasting time.
    surely that's just game management, a art in itself

Instant dismissal for shirt pulling or any kit pulling anywhere on the pitch.
    Its pathetic any player gets away with this.

Introduce the Golden Goal from the beginning of every match resulting in games over in minutes, play another game 5 minutes later, get the season over in a week, put feet up.

I'd get rid of the phrase 'won a penalty'. Players dont win penalties, they are awarded. Similarly I'd get rid of the list of most fouled players.

Is the 6 second rule for goalies holding the ball still on going?...doesn't seem to be to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Id make it illegal for a player to take the ball to the corner flag and just shield it making no attempt to play it just wasting time.
    I was watching The Big Match (ITV4 I think) earlier this evening.

It was Leeds v Sheffield Utd from 1974.

Leeds won 5 - 1 with some skill, play acting, thuggery and inept refereeing.

But at one point in the second half when Leeds were keeping the ball in their own half for what seemed like about 40 passes, the referee decided enough was enough and booked Terry Yorath for unsportsmanlike behaviour (or at least that's what the commentator assumed) and gave Sheffield Utd a free kick. They scored their one goal from that free kick.

The game has changed!

That stupid politically correct bollocks that if some flash little bastard keeps going past you and making you look stupid, you can’t even kick him 4 feet in the air without a big fuss anymore.

Oh, and you can’t even punch an opponent AFTER the whistle as you leave the pitch OR in the dressing room!

Bunch of ponces.

And what about this thing where you can’t drive down the docks for a late drink in the Big Wheel if your just a BIT pissed ?

( Although I’m thinking that might not just be a football rule - any smart arsed overpaid lawyers clarify that one ?)