+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Tomlin

Lee Tomlin

Whats up with him now, hes the man to make us tick, the most creative player on the books
    Or is the manager???

Re: Lee Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by ivorall View Post
    Whats uo with him now, hes the man to make us tick, the most creative player on the books
    He's the best creative player at the club but also appears to be the best at royally taking the pi$$ also.

Sadly in football not keeping yourself in a condition to actually do your job doesn't result in being sacked but seeing your contract out with your feet up.

The club cannot be conned into giving another contract to him.

When considering the contract extension after he rises like a phoenix at the end of his contract realise that once the contract is signed we will be employing can't be @rsed Lee Tomlin and not hungry and fighting for a new contract Lee Tomlin.

Let him go and be fatter than some of the fans elsewhere. He is taking the mick out of the club and the fans.

I'm looking forward to when we don't have to talk about him anymore. His lack of effort to keep himself in shape is a disgrace. I wonder what the rest of the squad think of him.

Stopped caring about him after the Blackburn game where he was sent off for acting like a child.

The money can be used anywhere else in the squad to better effect.

Tomlin could be the most gifted player in the world or the worst player. Sadly there is no difference for the money paid while they are not playing.

Will never play for us again

What a waste (or is that waist?)

Nobody will have him at our level. He'll be lucky if a club like Charlton or Swindon are daft enough to take him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm looking forward to when we don't have to talk about him anymore. His lack of effort to keep himself in shape is a disgrace. I wonder what the rest of the squad think of him.
    Not sure that's entirely fair, this time. They rushed him back to get promoted in 2020, it nearly worked but it set him back. They rushed him back again, and got injured again. Tomlin has also many, many issues that he's spoken about. I do agree though, looking forward to him either getting back and playing regularly or parting ways in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Not sure that's entirely fair, this time. They rushed him back to get promoted in 2020, it nearly worked but it set him back. They rushed him back again, and got injured again. Tomlin has also many, many issues that he's spoken about. I do agree though, looking forward to him either getting back and playing regularly or parting ways in the summer.
    Well, we can certainly rule him out playing regularly I think.

When was the last time he played say half of the games in a season for a club he was at?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Well, we can certainly rule him out playing regularly I think.

When was the last time he played say half of the games in a season for a club he was at?
    Season before last with us.

Sooner he's off the wage bill the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Season before last with us.
    Surprising.

Less surprising is this is his fifth or sixth season with us now and he has averaged around 10 games in each.

The money could and should be used elsewhere.

Graduate of the Jon Parkin school of fitness.

The main factor for me is his fitness and attitude seem to be deteriorating.

The fact he is one of only a few creative players in the squad should not be a factor in the decision either. That more highlights our recruitment of that type of player than it should be a factor in extending Tomlin's contract.

The main factor for me is his fitness and attitude seem to be deteriorating.

The fact he is one of only a few creative players in the squad should not be a factor in the decision either. That more highlights our recruitment of that type of player than it should be a factor in extending Tomlin's contract.
    He's been injured for the best part of 15 months, and that is down to us pushing him too hard. Re his "attitude", his mental health issues have been in the public domain for a while. His body is breaking down but he was the bright spark in 19/20.

It beats me why this guy still gets lauded by the fan base. A waste of space. Other players giving their all must be pretty miffed.

Surprising.

Less surprising is this is his fifth or sixth season with us now and he has averaged around 10 games in each.

The money could and should be used elsewhere.
    Tomlin signed for us at the start of the 2017/18 season. He made 16 appearances for us and then went on loan to Nottingham Forest in January (the first in a long list of players who Warnock spent big money on and then decided that he didn't rate) where he made 15 appearances.

I believe that Tomlin has said he struggled with mental health issues during the 2018/19 season. He didn't play at all for us, but in January he went on loan to Peterborough and made 21 appearances.

Tomlin made 36 appearances for us in the 2019/20 season and single-handedly almost got us promoted.

Last season he made 5 appearances for us and was injured for most of the time.

injury doesn't mean you need to end up like a tellytuby

the size of the bloke when he started to make his comeback was embarrassing

he is s.posed to be a professional, acted like a pub player, even my girls team stayed fit during lockdown

That’s the problem with these high basics - there’s little motivation after that.

Should be a modest basic and all the add ons for performance, fitness, behaviours, KPI and whatever else is relevant to the club - then the big bucks are paid on achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Tomlin signed for us at the start of the 2017/18 season. He made 16 appearances for us and then went on loan to Nottingham Forest in January (the first in a long list of players who Warnock spent big money on and then decided that he didn't rate) where he made 15 appearances.

I believe that Tomlin has said he struggled with mental health issues during the 2018/19 season. He didn't play at all for us, but in January he went on loan to Peterborough and made 21 appearances.

Tomlin made 36 appearances for us in the 2019/20 season and single-handedly almost got us promoted.

Last season he made 5 appearances for us and was injured for most of the time.
    He had that spell with Peterborough in 2019. I think he went there because Warnock didn't pick him for the PL squad?

It's hard to imagine that the season later he almost got us promotion and played some of the best football we'd seen from a player in years.

He played 18 times for Peterborough when we were trying to stay in the PL with players like Harry Arter (on loan). There's no doubt in my mind that he was managed badly and should have been playing for us when we were promoted.

Don't forget Warnock swapped him with Jamie Ward when he was sent to Coventry - oops, I meant Nottingham.

Tomlin did reply on his twitter regarding criticism. His tweets kept getting deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's been injured for the best part of 15 months, and that is down to us pushing him too hard. Re his "attitude", his mental health issues have been in the public domain for a while. His body is breaking down but he was the bright spark in 19/20.
    Absolutely. It was very telling what Harris managed to get out of him compared to Warnock. He was pushed too hard and I think Harris was aware he was the difference between winning and losing.

If you read between the lines of what MM has said then he has no interest in him and I'd be amazed if we see him in anymore than a cup game for us.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    injury doesn't mean you need to end up like a tellytuby

the size of the bloke when he started to make his comeback was embarrassing

he is s.posed to be a professional, acted like a pub player, even my girls team stayed fit during lockdown
    If he's a lazy s*d then yes, the criticism is justified. If it is because of Mental Illness then this is like criticising someone for having any other type of chronic illness. They're both disabilities and should be treated with respect. I know you're not being deliberately mean but we have no idea how serious his illness is.

If he was a model professional he wouldn't be playing for us.

He's been the same at every club that he's been at