+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FLINT'S GREAT START TO THE SEASON

FLINT'S GREAT START TO THE SEASON

I wonder if it's got one or two other clubs interested and maybe keeping an eye on him?

Re: FLINT'S GREAT START TO THE SEASON

A bit of perceptive here - as brilliant as the headline has been for him personally.
    He has been part of a defence that has conceded 3 goals at that time - that’s what he, Morrison, MM & TC’s will be focusing on this week.

Probably be a few takers on a free next season, probably on a very good wage here though so may still need to take a pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I wonder if it's got one or two other clubs interested and maybe keeping an eye on him?
    He is 32 and will be 33 by the start of next season !

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    And?

And?
    There will be a decline in his ability, his recovery time, and he will become more likely to pick up injuries.

It WILL happen, the only thing is it's impossible to tell when, or how suddenly it happens.
    Could be next season, or in three years time, or by the end of the year.

What we don't want is to keep relying on the old guard so much that when they HAVE to be replaced we haven't got anyone else with any game time to take over.
    Flint and Morrisson are both the wrong side of 30, probably on large wages and out of contract in the summer. I don't think we should be renewing both of them

Approaching his prime!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Approaching his prime!
    Boro-5 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    A bit of perceptive here - as brilliant as the headline has been for him personally.
    He has been part of a defence that has conceded 3 goals at that time - that’s what he, Morrison, MM & TC’s will be focusing on this week.
    Flint would prefer a clean sheet every week and a 1-0 win as opposed to scoring goals. I have a friend who went on loan to Crystal Palace some years ago. He was a defender, played about 7 games and scored 2 or three goals. He wasn't happy though, as he said that he defended poorly, and that was why he was there.

And?
    I like him and he is currently playing well but I cant see clubs queuing up to sign a 33 year old defender in August 2022. Or for that matter a 32 year old now. Good for us, hopefully.

I like him and he is currently playing well but I cant see clubs queuing up to sign a 33 year old defender in August 2022. Or for that matter a 32 year old now. Good for us, hopefully.
    A club with a few quid to spend may see him as having another option in their squad and may offer a couple of million you never know.

Lewandowski's scoring rate improved in his 30's and I think we're seeing that with Aden now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Lewandowski's scoring rate improved in his 30's and I think we're seeing that with Aden now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I like this board.