+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glasgow Rangers fans banned for racial abuse

Glasgow Rangers fans banned for racial abuse

Pity Cardiff don’t do anything about our filthy lot !!!

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...utrage-3356865

Re: Glasgow Rangers fans banned for racial abuse

Our racist chanting?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Our racist chanting?

Ewe nose itts bout dat “pedo” chant

You naughty boy

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ewe nose itts bout dat “pedo” chant

You naughty boy
    Thought after pages and pages the general census was that, even though its in bad taste it wasn't breaking any law?

Racist behaviour deserves a ban.

I won't defend peopsinging a sick song, but as far as I'm aware there is no precedent for banning people for singing such a song? I say "as far as I am aware" because I've kit seen it, some keyboard savvy member on here may find an example on the Internet.

Thought after pages and pages the general census was that, even though its in bad taste it wasn't breaking any law?

Racist behaviour deserves a ban.

I won't defend peopsinging a sick song, but as far as I'm aware there is no precedent for banning people for singing such a song? I say "as far as I am aware" because I've kit seen it, some keyboard savvy member on here may find an example on the Internet.
    Public Order Act 1986 section 5 , section 4

Racist behaviour deserves a ban , offensive, insulting behaviour doesn't......

Has a fan ever been banned for singing the song?

Wouldn't the club have done something by now if they had a cause to ban people who sing the song? I mean, everyone is aware of it, it's no secret it's sang at games so staff and officials at the club will be aware of it.

Has anyone been banned?

I've danced enough with you in the other thread on this, if you're just going to repeat yourself over and over, save your effort, if you're going to answer me, fine, I'll await your sensible post with a list of fans banned for singing the song.

Celtic added: “If reports are accurate then such sickening and pathetic racist behaviour directed towards Kyogo Furuhashi deserves absolute condemnation.

"Unfortunately, a number of Celtic players in recent years have suffered similar racist abuse.

“As a club open to all, we stand firmly against racism in all its forms and we will give Kyogo our full support. All stakeholders must work together in tackling all forms of bigotry.”

Racism has no part to play in any walks of life.
    But Celtic are by no means innocent in racism and bigotry and it's not as one sided as they are trying to make out.

I've danced enough with you in the other thread on this, if you're just going to repeat yourself over and over, save your effort, if you're going to answer me, fine, I'll await your sensible post with a list of fans banned for singing the song.
    The fact that nobody , as yet , has been arrested , charged or banned over this chant does not mean that the chant itself is not breaking the law ......which you are suggesting

I can assure that it is

The lack of arrests is more to do with a lack of previous action by the club , a lack of people reporting such chanting and the difficulty police have in targeting and catching offenders

The club now openly invite people to report such chanting and have a Web page link to do so , anonymously

So between the fans , the club and the police things will either get done or they won't

But the argument that the chant itself is not illegal behaviour is wrong

It most certainly is

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Celtic added: “If reports are accurate then such sickening and pathetic racist behaviour directed towards Kyogo Furuhashi deserves absolute condemnation.

"Unfortunately, a number of Celtic players in recent years have suffered similar racist abuse.

“As a club open to all, we stand firmly against racism in all its forms and we will give Kyogo our full support. All stakeholders must work together in tackling all forms of bigotry.”

But Celtic are by no means innocent in racism and bigotry and it's not as one sided as they are trying to make out.
    Celtic fans are as guilty as rangers of religious bigotry but I am not aware of them having a history of racist behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The fact that nobody , as yet , has been arrested , charged or banned over this chant does not mean that the chant itself is not breaking the law ......which you are suggesting

I can assure that it is

The lack of arrests is more to do with a lack of previous action by the club , a lack of people reporting such chanting and the difficulty police have in targeting and catching offenders

The club now openly invite people to report such chanting and have a Web page link to do so , anonymously

So between the fans , the club and the police things will either get done or they won't

But the argument that the chant itself is not illegal behaviour is wrong

It most certainly is
    Here we go again

Celtic fans are as guilty as rangers of religious bigotry but I am not aware of them having a history of racist behaviour
    Both have had issues with racism over the years not much but it has been there.

Here we go again
    I am just correcting his error

Here we go again
    Not happening.

Hes just repeating himself.

It is one sided. Kyogo has been racially abused, isn't that what this is about?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I thought that. Hardly the time for rangers to say "well they have done it too"

Its not a playground argument. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up.

I thought that. Hardly the time for rangers to say "well they have done it too"

Its not a playground argument. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up.
    Yup, i don't know if celtic fans have been racist in the past or are now, if they are or have been, then they need sorting, but bringing it up during the subject of Kyogo being racially abused, somehow takes the focus off what has happened to him, dilutes it slightly, in my opinion.

I wasn't debating that i was talking about the part they say "Unfortunately, a number of Celtic players in recent years have suffered similar racist abuse" .
    As a club open to all we stand firmly against racism in all its forms and we will give Kyogo our full support.
    All stakeholders must work together in tackling all forms of bigotry.”

Over the years there have been racist problems at both clubs.
    Celtic hardly stands firmly against racism nor bigotry and in my opinion are using the incident to have a pop at a rival rather than concentrating on the Kyogo incident..

Yup, i don't know if celtic fans have been racist in the past or are now, if they are or have been, then they need sorting, but bringing it up during the subject of Kyogo being racially abused, somehow takes the focus off what has happened to him, dilutes it slightly, in my opinion.
    Hopefully all involved will be fined , banned or jailed..

I am just correcting his error

I wasn't debating that i was talking about the part they say "Unfortunately, a number of Celtic players in recent years have suffered similar racist abuse" .
    As a club open to all we stand firmly against racism in all its forms and we will give Kyogo our full support.
    All stakeholders must work together in tackling all forms of bigotry.”

Over the years there have been racist problems at both clubs.
    Celtic hardly stands firmly against racism nor bigotry and in my opinion are using the incident to have a pop at a rival rather than concentrating on the Kyogo incident..
    Fair enough Stan, if that's what you think, i have no reason to doubt you. I've not seen anything about celtic fans singling out people of colour and using racist words, although i've not been looking. Send me in the direction of such behaviour and how the club reacted to it. I'd be interested to read about it.

Hopefully all involved will be fined , banned or jailed..
    The rangers fans have been given indefinite bans. Rangers have reacted very well to this in my opinion.

Already replied to you once...

Feedback

Public Order Act 1986 section 5 , section 4

Racist behaviour deserves a ban , offensive, insulting behaviour doesn't......
    Who is the song going to cause distress (s5) or provoke violence (s4)?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Who is the song going to cause distress (s5) or provoke violence (s4)?
    To who is it going to cause distress ?

A song about child abuse ?

To people who have been abused

To relatives of people who have been abused

And to people who don't wasnt to hear that kind of distressing song

That's just for a start