+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boro after Joe Bennett?

Re: Boro after Joe Bennett?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Uhm, I just copied 'RonnieBird' without giving it much thought...
    You read Ronnie Bird’s posts???

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I think we're mad not giving him a contract.
    We’re all football fans (at least I think we are) but we see players qualities very differently… I wouldn’t have offered Bennett a new contract even before his injury. Effective going forward buy always felt he was a mistake waiting to happen defensively….

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Effective going forward buy always felt he was a mistake waiting to happen defensively….
    Caught out of position quite a lot, and he's 31 and should have been more "developed" yet Bagan gets stick from some of our lot for making positional mistakes and he's only just starting out on his development..

Yes, our fans are crackers.

We’re all football fans (at least I think we are) but we see players qualities very differently… I wouldn’t have offered Bennett a new contract even before his injury. Effective going forward buy always felt he was a mistake waiting to happen defensively….
    I probably would have before the injury, but not too long and dependant on wages

You read Ronnie Bird’s posts???

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Caught out of position quite a lot, and he's 31 and should have been more "developed" yet Bagan gets stick from some of our lot for making positional mistakes and he's only just starting out on his development..

Yes, our fans are crackers.
    If he's out of position he's out of position whoever the player is.

If the goal still stands and it is partially the fault of a player then there isn't some kind of let off because they are young.

If Bagan, or any other player for that matter, learns from the mistakes then fair enough.
    You can't just ignore mistakes though because they're developing.

If any player is out of position and is in some way negatively effected by being told as much and letting it get them down then it will be a very short career.

He's 31 is going to want a decent length contract, can't see him taking a 1 year deal.

It's Bagan time to shine, if we want to progress the youngsters then they need to play.

Transfer window shutting soon. We dont know if we can bring anyone in yet or if anyone is leaving.

If we still have enough in the budget then id offer Bennett a deal. Its a long season to go with a 19 year old and the cover being an even younger player or using Ng Ralls or Brown as cover.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    If he's out of position he's out of position whoever the player is.

If the goal still stands and it is partially the fault of a player then there isn't some kind of let off because they are young.

If Bagan, or any other player for that matter, learns from the mistakes then fair enough.
    You can't just ignore mistakes though because they're developing.

If any player is out of position and is in some way negatively effected by being told as much and letting it get them down then it will be a very short career.
    Nobody is clamouring for us all to start ignoring mistakes. We all acknowledge players make mistakes.

What we don't need is to get on ayers backs when they make them.. I'm talking about the younger ones who need game tone to develop to actually get batter... But even the older pros will make them, and as long as its not something the older lot repeat time after time I'd say a few fans could learn to get off their backs at the same time.

You carry on about a negative effect etc.. I don't recall mentioning that. I don't know why you always do this.. Drawn out an argument that wasn't there by adding in things.

Just put me on ignore for christ sake.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Nobody is clamouring for us all to start ignoring mistakes. We all acknowledge players make mistakes.

What we don't need is to get on ayers backs when they make them.. I'm talking about the younger ones who need game tone to develop to actually get batter... But even the older pros will make them, and as long as its not something the older lot repeat time after time I'd say a few fans could learn to get off their backs at the same time.

You carry on about a negative effect etc.. I don't recall mentioning that. I don't know why you always do this.. Drawn out an argument that wasn't there by adding in things.

Just put me on ignore for christ sake.
    An argument? I only replied to your post once.

Sorry my side of the errr argument wasn't to your liking.

Since MM became manager Bagan has become a regular and last season Sang, Brown and Colwill made their League debuts and we had Evans ,Isaak Davies and Patten on the bench for some games. And yesterday Bowen, Denham and D'Almeida made their first starts. That's more youngsters I've seen for many years.

As for Bennett, I think he will only get offered a 1 year deal anywhere to prove his fitness, and due to his age. I don't think City will offering anywhere near what he was on before. There are so many experienced players who were released last season who are struggling to find clubs. City will stick with the youngsters anyway, we'll be selling Moore soon just to pay for the wages!!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Since MM became manager Bagan has become a regular and last season Sang, Brown and Colwill made their League debuts and we had Evans ,Isaak Davies and Patten on the bench for some games. And yesterday Bowen, Denham and D'Almeida made their first starts. That's more youngsters I've seen for many years.

As for Bennett, I think he will only get offered a 1 year deal anywhere to prove his fitness, and due to his age. I don't think City will offering anywhere near what he was on before. There are so many experienced players who were released last season who are struggling to find clubs. City will stick with the youngsters anyway, we'll be selling Moore soon just to pay for the wages!!
    Yes I'm sure if I remember correctly that our wage bill for the first season back at this level was £55 million. And we are getting £35 million less this season compared to last in parachute payments. So we need to be taking a hell of a lot of wages out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes I'm sure if I remember correctly that our wage bill for the first season back at this level was £55 million. And we are getting £35 million less this season compared to last in parachute payments. So we need to be taking a hell of a lot of wages out.
    I could be wrong, but £55m can't be right surely? That's an average wage of £42k per week for each player in a 25 man squad

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    I could be wrong, but £55m can't be right surely? That's an average wage of £42k per week for each player in a 25 man squad
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...osses-20726022

Our wage bill was £42.5m in 2018/19 and £27.9m in 2019/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    No - you're right - it was 54m in the premier league, but had dropped to 36 million after 1 year in the championship.

Guessing our total income will be something like 20m for this season, so it clearly has to come down a long way still.