+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boro after Joe Bennett?

Boro after Joe Bennett?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ex...ld-talks-held/

That would not be a surprise and makes a lot of sense for club and player.

Boro short of left sided defensive options - hence interest in Ciaron Brown - and Bennett needs a club and Boro is his home club (2008-12). Warnock loves a re-union too!

Re: Boro after Joe Bennett?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ex...ld-talks-held/

That would not be a surprise and makes a lot of sense for club and player.

Boro short of left sided defensive options - hence interest in Ciaron Brown - and Bennett needs a club and Boro is his home club (2008-12). Warnock loves a re-union too!
    4 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    4 year deal.
    It won't be long before the Boro fans see through him he will set their club back years with his signings.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    It won't be long before the Boro fans see through him he will set their club back years with his signings.
    All about success to put on his own CV

4 years? Jesus. Warnock's not shy about throwing around other people's money is he? Warnock will be long gone by then.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    4 years? Jesus. Warnock's not shy about throwing around other people's money is he? Warnock will be long gone by then.
    Think you might’ve been whooshed😜

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Think you might’ve been whooshed��
    I mean, we signed Bacuna to a 4.5 year deal, so it isn't completely unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    All about success to put on his own CV
    If they don't get rid of him this season and give him a transfer window or two they will suffer for the next three to five years after he's gone

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Think you might’ve been whooshed��
    Oh right. Wouldn't put it past him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I mean, we signed Bacuna to a 4.5 year deal, so it isn't completely unbelievable
    I think that was Tuerto’s point😜

Great move for all concerned.
    He’s very likely to recreate Cardiff City on Wearside and get promoted with the players we didn’t appreciate or value,

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Great move for all concerned.
    He’s very likely to recreate Cardiff City on Wearside and get promoted with the players we didn’t appreciate or value,
    That's your slant on it. How about.. "Warnock trying to recreate Cardiff City on Wearside, with the players who've suffered serious injury/illness and loss of form and are a couple of years older and slower"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    4 year deal.
    The player also having the option to sign a two year extension at the end of the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    That's your slant on it. How about.. "Warnock trying to recreate Cardiff City on Wearside, with the players who've suffered serious injury/illness and loss of form and are a couple of years older and slower"?
    Erm... Teeside, although Sunderland would be happy to jump a division

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Erm... Teeside, although Sunderland would be happy to jump a division
    Uhm, I just copied 'RonnieBird' without giving it much thought...

Did they sign Mendez Laing after, haven't seen his name pop up, you would think he would have picked up a club quite easily, surely not suspended again.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Did they sign Mendez Laing after, haven't seen his name pop up, you would think he would have picked up a club quite easily, surely not suspended again.
    Was at Boro until the end of last season, they haven't renewed though.

There are quite a few players like that still available, I'm guessing clubs will be tracking him but they may be waiting to see what other options emerge, there are quite a few premier league teams who hve more than 25 senior players, so there may be some quality players who need a place to play for a season suddenly come available.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bennett isn't with Unique Sports Management though.

I think we're mad not giving him a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I think we're mad not giving him a contract.
    We desperately needed to cut wages, and he could miss half the season.

I'm a big bennett fan, and I think he definitely improves us - in the short term. If he's here then Bagan isn't getting game time, we have another big wage and a player in his 30s likely to pick up more injuries.

Wouldn't we offer a lower wage? We need another left back whatever happens, and Bagan would learn a lot under the guidance of Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Wouldn't we offer a lower wage? We need another left back whatever happens, and Bagan would learn a lot under the guidance of Bennett.
    Bennett is a good player at this level, but i for one am glad we are starting to lower the age of the team.

Didn't we offer him a contract before his injury which he didn't want to sign? Realistically, there's now more risk for offering him a deal when initial offer made so any further negotiations should reflect that.

Boro are big spenders this year, and therefore are probably happier to take on that greater risk, and we're not so given his history with the club and manger it's much more likely he goes there than stays here.

Does that mean we don't bring in a more senior LB to help Bagan out? We're on a smaller budget than last year so might be not be possible.

Uhm, I just copied 'RonnieBird' without giving it much thought...
    fatal error

Holding out for a better deal has risk in it, as Joe has sadly found out.

If he was offered a better deal by another club he would have walked into the distance without a second thought for City.

This is the risk you take when holding out for a better deal while still playing.
    With a few exceptions there should be very little emotion involved with these deals. There isn't much for the player when they go to another club for more money.