+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales squad

Wales squad

Colwill & Moore both selected for Wales' upcoming games against Finland, Belarus & Estonia

Wayne Hennessey
    Danny Ward
    Adam Davies

Chris Gunter
    Ben Davies
    Ethan Ampadu
    Chris Mepham
    Joe Rodon
    Neco Williams
    Tom Lockyer
    James Lawrence
    Rhys Norrington-Davies

Aaron Ramsey
    Joe Allen
    Matt Smith
    Joe Morrell
    Dylan Levitt
    Jonny Williams
    Harry Wilson
    David Brooks
    George Thomas
    RUBIN COLWILL
    Brennan Johnson

Tyler Roberts
    Gareth Bale
    Daniel James
    KIEFFER MOORE

Some puzzling selections in there imo. Surely it's time to move on from Jonny Williams?

Re: Wales squad

i) it's highly unlikely that we use 27 players across 3 games when we haven't used that many in either of the Euros we've been to despite playing more than games in both. Some decisions will be about making it the best camp possible.

ii) Until Giggs situation is resolved we're left trying to make best of really awkward circumstances. Next few months will decide whether we win the big prize of World Cup qualification - and financial boost that will bring - but I think fans will need to be patient and extremely supportive because things could be tougher than they've been recently.

For example, I'm not a huge fan of Kit Symons being kept in the team and would question that more than others have been doing but it's where we are and we need to do everything to win the games including singing "Kit Symons barmy army" if needed.

iii) Next stage on these young lads development. Lot's of exciting players to watch grow and back in the stadium to do so.

iv) Perhaps even more interesting is how likes of Lewis Price, Boaz Myhill, Louis Carey, Ashley Williams etc. get on with their first step into coaching. Really young coaches getting involved now too.

strong looking squad

Could do with some of the talented younger guys to really start delivering though

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    strong looking squad

Could do with some of the talented younger guys to really start delivering though
    I think Brennan Johnson is going to be a star. I find it odd we still seem to consider Tyler Roberts a striker considering where he plays for Leeds, I'd like him in midfield as ours is a little samey

Rubbing shoulders with the likes of Bale & Ramsey can only be good for Colwill as well

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Colwill & Moore both selected for Wales' upcoming games against Finland, Belarus & Estonia

Wayne Hennessey
    Danny Ward
    Adam Davies

Chris Gunter
    Ben Davies
    Ethan Ampadu
    Chris Mepham
    Joe Rodon
    Neco Williams
    Tom Lockyer
    James Lawrence
    Rhys Norrington-Davies

Aaron Ramsey
    Joe Allen
    Matt Smith
    Joe Morrell
    Dylan Levitt
    Jonny Williams
    Harry Wilson
    David Brooks
    George Thomas
    RUBIN COLWILL
    Brennan Johnson

Tyler Roberts
    Gareth Bale
    Daniel James
    KIEFFER MOORE

Some puzzling selections in there imo. Surely it's time to move on from Jonny Williams?
    Agree about Jonny Williams, I was on the side of signing him in the debate that took place when he came here, but I was wrong there and I think the club he's ended up with rather tells a story - I'd rather see Josh Sheehan, who seems to have made a good start at Bolton, in the squad in front of Williams.

George Ratcliffe and Sam Bowen in the Under 21 squad.

https://www.faw.cymru/en/news/cymru-...en/news/&pos=1

Just hope we dont have Morrell and Allen again. They make Pack and Ralls look like Pirlo and Gattuso.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    For example, I'm not a huge fan of Kit Symons being kept in the team and would question that more than others have been doing but it's where we are and we need to do everything to win the games including singing "Kit Symons barmy army" if needed.
    Logic would indicate that Kit Symons would almost certainly be flattered by that chant but equally would also be bemused by the assertion he's being kept in the team given he last played for Wales in 2001 and last played any football in 2005.

I think Brennan Johnson is going to be a star. I find it odd we still seem to consider Tyler Roberts a striker considering where he plays for Leeds, I'd like him in midfield as ours is a little samey

Rubbing shoulders with the likes of Bale & Ramsey can only be good for Colwill as well
    Agree about Brennen Johnson, he's always looked good whenever I've seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate that Kit Symons would almost certainly be flattered by that chant but equally would also be bemused by the assertion he's being kept in the team given he last played for Wales in 2001 and last played any football in 2005.
    He's part of the coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Just hope we dont have Morrell and Allen again. They make Pack and Ralls look like Pirlo and Gattuso.
    Allen has started very well for Stoke apparently.

I think a midfield 3 of Allen, Ramsey & Ampadu is pretty decent, but I'm sure we'll persevere with that stupid attempt at playing with a false 9

He's part of the coaching staff
    Logic indicates that statement is true.

Logic would also indicate "in the team" to be construed as playing; managers aside, there aren't many chants for coaches. Logic would also indicate fans have little to no knowledge of Symons coaching ability.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    George Ratcliffe and Sam Bowen in the Under 21 squad.

https://www.faw.cymru/en/news/cymru-...en/news/&pos=1
    Tom Davies was included in the u19 squad aswell

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Tom Davies was included in the u19 squad aswell
    Yes, and Taylor Jones who I think could be another one around the first team squad quite soon.

He's new to me, but I notice Sorba Thomas, Huddersfield Town, is another Welsh youngster reckoned to be on the fringe of a call up:

'Newham-born Thomas has impressed in the Championship after making the step up from non-league Boreham Wood in January.

The 22-year-old left-sided player, who qualifies for Wales via his mother from Newport, has started all four of Huddersfield's league games this season, providing two assists.

"If anyone is eligible for Wales and is playing good level football and is showing potential, then of course we're going to be interested," said Page'.

It's brilliant the number of younger Welsh (connected) lads players playing at a high level these days. And that they seem to be getting chances at club and national level.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic indicates that statement is true.

Logic would also indicate "in the team" to be construed as playing; managers aside, there aren't many chants for coaches. Logic would also indicate fans have little to no knowledge of Symons coaching ability.
    It's almost as if I'm not speaking about a coach...

I don't want us to become a supporters base who see a squad/team-sheet and immediately moan (going OTT) because our favourite isn't in there. Obviously we can discuss but think about where we are, the bigger prize that's on offer and sing "Kit Symon's barmy army" with me.

Tom Lawrence seems to have cooked his goose

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...g-thigh-injury

Aaron Ramsey's involvement in Wales' upcoming 2022 World Cup qualifiers is in doubt after Juventus confirmed the midfielder has suffered a thigh injury.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

Aaron Ramsey's involvement in Wales' upcoming 2022 World Cup qualifiers is in doubt after Juventus confirmed the midfielder has suffered a thigh injury.
    FFS

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

I'm shocked...

Who would come in, Woodburn?

I'm shocked...

Who would come in, Woodburn?
    Ramsey missing is a nightmare.

But with a 27 man squad I dont think we need anyone else.

Id have thought Mark Harris would be ahead of Woodburn. Tyler Roberts can play the am role.

Duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ramsey missing is a nightmare.

But with a 27 man squad I dont think we need anyone else.

Id have thought Mark Harris would be ahead of Woodburn. Tyler Roberts can play the am role.
    Saw earlier he's missed 48 internationals and is still on 67 caps.

Depends if he's on the standby list, I should imagine they'll want a midfielder so Woodburn or maybe Sheehan would be my guess