+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will we be fined after tonight

Will we be fined after tonight

3 pitch invasions
    Doesn't bode well for security.

Re: Will we be fined after tonight

Does three individuals running on to the pitch at separate times constitute three invasions?
    One definition of invasion that I found is
    an occasion when a large number of people or things come to a place in an annoying and unwanted way:

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Does three individuals running on to the pitch at separate times constitute three invasions?
    One definition of invasion that I found is
    Poland v Germany 1939.

The one ‘invader’, casually jogged on the pitch, got a selfie with Keiffer, then one with Rubin and casually jogged off the pitch before the stewards got hold of him. Pathetic stewarding!

You can't really employ enough stewards to stop it from happening if people have it in their weird mind that they must do this.

Deterrent is usually a lengthy ban, but maybe that's why there were 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    You can't really employ enough stewards to stop it from happening if people have it in their weird mind that they must do this.

Deterrent is usually a lengthy ban, but maybe that's why there were 3.
    I’m surprised there wasn’t more invaders

I think we should get a fine. Some of the invaders were particularly offensive.

Shouldn't have been allowed out never mind onto a football field.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I think we should get a fine. Some of the invaders were particularly offensive.

Shouldn't have been allowed out never mind onto a football field.

Really difficult to work out what’s going on in their heads. What makes them think “Oh, I’ve got a good idea………..

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...atement-250821

Club Statement | 25/08/21

Cardiff City Football Club is very disappointed by the actions of three persons who entered the playing arena during Tuesday evening’s Carabao Cup fixture with Brighton & Hove Albion.

All three individuals have been reported to South Wales Police and the Club is preparing an impact statement that will support those individuals being charged under the Football Offences Act (1991).

It is of paramount importance that the playing arena remains a safe area for players and officials; it is a criminal offence to enter the field of play or the area adjacent to it.

The actions of the three individuals who committed offences on Tuesday evening will likely result in convictions, fines and three-year Football Banning Orders administered by the courts.

As part of this process, the Club will also be applying for costs to cover expected EFL sanctions and increased ongoing security charges.

Cardiff City FC would like to thank the vast majority of its supporters who abide by the Club’s ground regulations (click here for reference) and support the Bluebirds with the best will and intention.

What is wrong with people, I just don't get it. Good on the club.

It doesn’t help that a sizeable number were cheering, then booing when they were caught, as if it was jolly japes.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Really difficult to work out what’s going on in their heads. What makes them think “Oh, I’ve got a good idea………..
    Bloody Millwall fans still here from Saturday

Pitch-invasion means:

- We'll probably get a fine, and
    - If it becomes a habit we'll be moved down the list of clubs appearing on TV.

Double financial hit in a season when our budget is being restricted by loss of parachute payments and covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    It doesn’t help that a sizeable number were cheering, then booing when they were caught, as if it was jolly japes.
    The people cheering the pitch invaders are just as big morons as the people who ran on. The one who approached their goalie could have had a knife in his pocket or tried to attack the player. I thought the player showed commendable restraint. The one who fell into the Canton end hopefully had his teeth rearranged by the front row of seats to teach him a lesson. As for the selfie taker - he will be getting a selfie of a different kind in the police station - what a twat.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The people cheering the pitch invaders are just as big morons as the people who ran on. The one who approached their goalie could have had a knife in his pocket or tried to attack the player. I thought the player showed commendable restraint. The one who fell into the Canton end hopefully had his teeth rearranged by the front row of seats to teach him a lesson. As for the selfie taker - he will be getting a selfie of a different kind in the police station - what a twat.
    I take it the club will pay any fine out of the increased club shop receipts?

Space invaders pickled onion

In between 2 pieces of white buttered bread

Lovely

Probably be fined for being diabolical and not giving Brighton a decent game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I take it the club will pay any fine out of the increased club shop receipts?
    You obviously think this issue is a laughing matter. Nice to know where you stand (alongside bluelewj by the sound of it, which is definitely not a good place to be). Perhaps you were one of the ones cheering the pitch invaders on ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You obviously think this issue is a laughing matter. Nice to know where you stand (alongside bluelewj by the sound of it, which is definitely not a good place to be). Perhaps you were one of the ones cheering the pitch invaders on ?
    I wasn’t there - cue another outraged diatribe

Always looking for new ideas for video games and I've just scribbled down the words 'pitch invader simulator'.

It could be along the lines of Plants v Zombies where pitch invaders have to get through stewards in order to take selfies with the players. Various levels with invaders getting progressively bigger until there's a boss fight. You could play multiplayer as either a pitch invader or steward. The final score would be the number of Pitch Invaders cable-tied or flattened versus the number of selfies taken with players (players could even have a rating so a selfie with say Moore was a higher value).

And to tie this in with the rest of the thread........we could even sell it in the club shop.

Disclaimer: Citizen Nephew in no way condones or trivialises the seriousness of pitch invading and any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events, in the game is purely coincidental. Your home may be at risk if you play this game or act out any of the entirely fictional activities in the game in real life situations.

You'll never ban a city fan is an oxymoron

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Always looking for new ideas for video games and I've just scribbled down the words 'pitch invader simulator'.

It could be along the lines of Plants v Zombies where pitch invaders have to get through stewards in order to take selfies with the players. Various levels with invaders getting progressively bigger until there's a boss fight. You could play multiplayer as either a pitch invader or steward. The final score would be the number of Pitch Invaders cable-tied or flattened versus the number of selfies taken with players (players could even have a rating so a selfie with say Moore was a higher value).

And to tie this in with the rest of the thread........we could even sell it in the club shop.

Disclaimer: Citizen Nephew in no way condones or trivialises the seriousness of pitch invading and any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events, in the game is purely coincidental. Your home may be at risk if you play this game or act out any of the entirely fictional activities in the game in real life situations.
    Level 1... pitch invader v turnstiles. In this level PI has to negotiate the complex system of entering the stadium. Stewards gain points if they have to use their pass card to enable entry. PI gains points if their QR code works first time. Extra PI points for flares(s) smuggled in secreted in bodily orifice and not discovered by the steward pat down.Points deducted if PI forgets where the flare is located and sets it off on sitting down. Points added for comedy value if this is achieved in the Upper Ninian in full view. Triple points if PI throws himself/herself on the pitch begging Fire Marshall to be put out.
    It's a thing, as the younger generation would say.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Level 1... pitch invader v turnstiles. In this level PI has to negotiate the complex system of entering the stadium. Stewards gain points if they have to use their pass card to enable entry. PI gains points if their QR code works first time. Extra PI points for flares(s) smuggled in secreted in bodily orifice and not discovered by the steward pat down.Points deducted if PI forgets where the flare is located and sets it off on sitting down. Points added for comedy value if this is achieved in the Upper Ninian in full view. Triple points if PI throws himself/herself on the pitch begging Fire Marshall to be put out.
    It's a thing, as the younger generation would say.
    I love it. We could make a fortune with the DLC (different kits, pitch stadiums, goats!).

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I love it. We could make a fortune with the DLC (different kits, pitch stadiums, goats!).
    Altetnative weather conditions....snow? (Only applies for Derby and Rotherham away)
    Dress the PI in various clobber....Stone Island, white shorts/nothing else, Mr Blobby. Such fun.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wasn’t there - cue another outraged diatribe
    Shrewd choice 😂